The Wedding

The Pianist

Mina turned to look at the back of the chapel and saw Dahyun quickly exiting through the double doors in a hurry.

She looked on in worry as she so desperately wanted to go to her and hug her.

She missed having her by her side.

She missed the warmth that she provided.

She missed her smile, her laugh. How her eyes would light

No. Don’t go. Come back.

These thoughts swirled around her head as she watched the retreating form of her friend.

Her best friend.

Her love.

She put on a fake smile as she turned to looked at her “fiancée”. Ryan Yamada. She despised him. She despised her parents. She despised everything that led her to standing in front of the altar. She despised everything that led to her being separated from Dahyun.

But it didn’t matter. She had a duty to follow her parent’s wishes. She wanted to tear herself away from him every time he held her. To vomit every time he kissed her. To thoroughly clean herself every time he touched her. But she couldn’t do this, lest she suffer the wrath of her father.

Her father.

She hated him with all her being. He would always leave her mother and her alone and only comes back after a few years after she realizes her dream. And now he has the nerve to impose this arranged marriage on her after not seeing him for 5 years. She wanted him to feel her pain and her suffering. She wanted him to crawl on the ground and beg for forgiveness. But she couldn’t do that. Her mind and body were horrified at these thoughts.

“-ou, Myoui Mina, take Ryan Yamada as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, until death do you part?” The priest brought her back from her senses as she stared into Ryan’s eyes, a hint of danger hidden beneath the fake cheerfulness he was showing.

“I do.” I don’t. Mina timidly answered as she forced herself to break eye contact with Ryan. She waited for the priest to finish whatever it was he was saying to Ryan, until she felt the man tightly grab her wrist to catch her attention.

“I do.” He said with a smirk on his face, maintaining eye contact with Mina.

“The from this day forth, I now pronounce you as Husband and Wife.” Mina felt Ryan forcefully cup her face with his rough hands, before leaning forward and capturing her lips. She felt dirty inside as she felt his tongue her lips. She wanted to escape from him, to escape from everybody. To go find her tofu. But alas, she thought, it was too late. She was forced to turn to face the audience, which included her parents, her fiancée’s parents, JYP, who was looking somber, and her friends. There was also a few photographers in the back as well as the media outlets. She put on a fake smile as they walked to the end of the chapel and into the limousine which was supposed to bring them to the reception area near a garden.

“You remember the deal Mina?” She took a deep breath as they sat down in the back of the limo.

‘Of course. How could I forget?’ She went over the details on the back of her head. She was to marry him for five years. In those five years, he wasn’t allowed to touch her in any way she didn’t like. In return, her family’s hospital would be giving his family some stocks. She knew something felt a bit shady to the plan, but her family agreed to it. She knew there was something that happened between their two families.

“Yes.” Mina answered back as she adjusted her seating, moving to a spot away from the man.

“Oh come on Mina. I’m not that bad of a guy.” He lightly joked as he poured himself a glass of vodka. He really wasn’t she thought as she observed him pick up some candy from the various candy jars the limousine had too offer.

Ryan Yamada was a man of many mysteries to Mina. But one thing she knew was that she just didn’t like him for getting in the way between her and Dahyun. In truth, she was okay with being friends with him, but when he touched her, she felt sick to her stomach, as the only person in her mind that she can allow to touch her are her friends, and Dahyun. Ryan was also in a relationship with someone for the past 2 years. He planned to propose to her, but his parents ruined it for him by arranging a marriage with the girl. His parents wanted him to be fierce, to be dominant over the girl, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it, apologizing profusely in his head every time he felt that he hurt the girl.

“I’m sorry. About earlier. I fear that I was a bit too rough.” He said, hoping to strike a conversation with his fellow Japanese.

“It’s fine.” She replied to him as she stared out of the tinted windows. For a few minutes, they sat in an awkward silence, Mina’s constant fixing of her dress the only sounds to fill the air. After a few more, she had had enough of the dress.

“Turn around. Don’t you dare look or else.” She threatened as she fished out a briefcase that she packed earlier in the limo, knowing that the dress would eventually annoy her. Ryan gulped as he did as he was told and turned around as best as he could, even going as far as finding a dark piece of cloth to cover his eyes.

Making sure he did as he was told, Mina started to strip out of the dress as best as she could given the limited space the limousine had. For a few minutes, she struggled and cursed as she tried to take off the dress. Finally succeeding did she reveal her perfect hourglass figure. Her body was blessed with creamy white skin, her chest as large as ever as a set of abs was seen on her abdomen due to the work that she puts into dancing. She found and took out a white and elegant dress that stopped just before her knees, covering her thick thigh but exposed her soft and creamy legs. She then found a grey blazer and put that on.

“You can look now.” Mina told the man as she finished packing away the dress into an even bigger case. Ryan turned and took in the sight before him. She looked perfect.

“Well. What do you think?” Mina asked him as she held out her hands in front of her body.

“I think you look perfect.” Ryan answered her. Mina hummed at his answer and took out a Makeup kit from the briefcase that held her clothes. She then proceeded to add a slight dab of blush as well as some cherry red lipstick.

After a few minutes of more awkward silence, the chauffer signaled that they arrived at the venue. Mina made sure that everything was back in its place and waited for Ryan to open the door. She stared at him as he stared back in confusion before getting the memo when she waved an arm towards the door. Blushing in embarrassment, he proceeded to open the door. Stepping out he was greeted by the sight of the garden as well as the people who attended the wedding along with some of their parents’ coworkers.

The Garden itself was situated near a riverbank, the moon allowing the river to calm. The venue was lit up by various torches and candles that were situated in various spots. In the center stood a grand Sakura tree, it’s cherry blossoms sporadically spreading around the venue, which was surrounded by various trees of different shapes and sizes. Below the trees, including the cherry blossom tree, were colorful beds of flowers as they gave the venue a colorful look. The main table was situated just underneath the tall and grand cherry blossom tree, with the guest tables situated to look towards the main table. There was also a buffet to the right side of the hall, loaded with various foods of different cultures. A bar was next to it as well, along with a sweets bar behind the main buffet. A DJ stand was also on the opposing side of the buffet, with a dance floor situated in front. It truly was a sight to behold.

“Ahh Ryan. How nice of you guys to finally join us.” He heard to his left, as he turned and was greeted by his parents.

“Oh, Mother. Father. I apologize for being late. We were stuck in traffic.” Ryan answered back as he looked down and gritted his teeth. Like Mina, his father got in-between him and his lover. And like Mina, he despised him.

“Don’t worry son. Now get Mina and bring her to the table. We will begin shortly.” And he did. He extended a hand to Mina to help her out of the car and brought her to the table. Cheers were heard all around as many people celebrated the newlyweds. Well, almost everyone.

“I just don’t get it. Why did she just up and married him? It doesn’t make sense.” Nayeon said to Jeongyeon. The latter only nodded her head in agreement as she sadly watched the couple cut the cake, the members opting to stay back along with JYP.

“And where the hell is Dahyun? If anyone is to be here, it should be her!” At the mention of her name, JYP’s mood took a somber state as he remembered the girl’s words from earlier.

JYP fixed his suit in the church’s bathroom and proceeded to head out to the altar and wait for the ceremony to start. As he walked across the main lobby, he ran into a crying Dahyun.

“Dahyun? What’s wrong?” he asked the girl.

“Ah. PD-nim, it’s nothing. I’m fine.” At this, he raised in eyebrow as he looked at the girl in suspicion. She clearly was not fine.

“Oh. Actually I’ve been meaning to talk to you for a while.” JYP slowly nodded as he motioned the girl to one of the church benches and told her to sit.

“It’s just, I’ve been thinking. I want to quit. I’m thinking of leaving Korea, so I was hoping you can terminate my contract.” Dahyun said slowly as she turned her head to look at the man in front of her. JYP was VERY surprised at the news, wondering what allowed her to want to leave her home.

“Why?” Dahyun didn’t know why but she started to cry a bit more as she heard the one word.

“Why? Why do I want to leave? Maybe it’s the fact that leaving might help me. Then, I won’t have to see her every day I wake up, to see her smiling at me. I won’t have to suffer looking at her in the arms of another person. Do you know how hard it is too see the one you love with someone else? Do you know how hard it is to constantly put on a smile and act as if everything’s okay? Do you know how hard it is for me to start crying every time I see them together. I LOVE HER. And apparently, she doesn’t love me.” Dahyun whispered as she started to cry even harder. JYP nodded in understanding as he wrapped his arms around her and patted her back.

“I love her PD-nim. With all my heart. If I leave, it won’t affect the group much. They can still promote without me. They’ll just be eight members instead of nine. It’ll be fine.” Dahyun sobbed into his shoulder as JYP struggled to come to a decision. After a few seconds of internal conflict the artist sighed as he unwrapped himself from the girl and forced her to look him in the eyes. JYP thought about what to next as he looked at the crying singer in his arms

“Alright. Let’s make a deal. But first, I want to know what you’re planning to do IF I terminate your contract. What are you going to do?” JYP pondered as he waited for the girl to answer. For a few moments, he’s had enough and was about to tell her off.

“If you don’t even know the-.”

“I’m going to be a pianist.” She replied with a determined look in her eyes. JYP thought about what to do next as he listened to the girl.

“I’m going to move to Warsaw in Poland. I heard that they’re famous for their piano players.” Dahyun said, no longer tearing up as she held her determined look on her boss. JYP mentally sighed as he made up his mind.

“Very well then. I will terminate your contract under two conditions.” Dahyun nodded at a fast pace as she waited for the man to tell her the conditions of their deal. JYP quickly thought about what he wanted the girl to do as he thought about what she was going to left behind.

‘Why were you so blind Mina?’ he thought as he replayed the two conditions under his head. Noting that the girl was getting impatient due to her constant fidgeting and leg shaking, he quickly moved to let her know the conditions.

“One. You are to aspire to be one of the greatest pianists in Warsaw.” JYP slightly smiled in his head as he saw the girl let out a big smile, nodding her head excitedly in response.

“Yes. Of course Pd-nim. I won’t let you down.” JYP smiled back in response at the girl’s slight cheerfulness and determination as opposed to her crying self from earlier.

“Good. Good. Now, two, you are to come to Twice’s nine-year anniversary. It doesn’t matter if it is in Warsaw or in Korea, but you are to be there in five-year’s time.”

JYP sighed as he remembered their conversation a few hours earlier. Jihyo noticed this too as she turned her attention from the now ranting Nayeon to her boss.

“PD-nim, what’s wrong?” she asked him, concern lacing her voice as she turned her chair to face him. JYP noticed the concern in her voice as he let out another sigh. Dahyun made him promise not to tell any of the members about their deal.

“it’s nothing Jihyo. Go out and enjoy yourself.” JYP replied as he pointed to the dance floor full of random guests the Yamada’s and Myoui’s invited.

“Go out? With them? We’re only here because of Mina. We don’t even wanna be here in the first place. Hell, I don’t even know why I’m here in the first place. Mina hurt my Dubu. She was crying herself to sleep every night since Mina said she was in a relationship. Do you even know what she did when she said they got engaged? She was packing up all her things in our room like she was going to run away!” JYP turned to see a drunk Momo who was downing what seemed to be her fifth beer. He was stunned at the surprising accuracy of what Momo’s words. He then saw an equally drunk Sana going to comfort Momo as the latter started to cry.

“I loved her Sana, and I wanted to see her happy, but how could I do that when I don’t even know where she is anymore.” Momo whispered, but it was loud enough for JYP as froze at her words as he tried to process everything she said.

“I loved her too Momo. But she was too into Mina for her to notice anything.” Sana said with a small smile as she started to cry as well. JYP was too stunned from everything that happened today and got up to get a beer from the bar, deciding to drink away everything that happened and decided to deal with it tomorrow.

“Ah. I’ll have your strongest one.” JYP said to the bartender as he fished out his wallet.

“You sure sir? This one will give you a real kick.” The bartender warned as he fished out a clear liquor bottle below the bar and placed it on the bar, the label reading, “Spirytus.”

“Yes, yes I’m sure. It’s exactly what I need. How much for the whole bottle?” JYP asked.

“Ah. Alcohol is on the house, but this bottle’ll cost ya sir. Twenty-thousand Won to be exact.” The bartender said as he held out the bottle for JYP to further inspect it. Noticing it was 96% proof, he fished out the required money and brought it back to the table with a few shot glasses to see Sana still comforting Momo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon still bickering with each other, though they both looked drunk, whilst Jihyo, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were on their cellphones.

“Ah, PD-nim, lemme have a few shots.” Momo slurred as she reached out for a shot glass, breaking Sana’s hold on her.

“No more Momo. You’ve had enough.” JYP sternly reprimanded her as he swatted away at her hand, attempting to steal the bottle. Himself eager, he quickly grabbed a shot glass and poured in the liquor. Clenching his eyes shut, he downed the drink in one go and immediately regretted it as he started to cough. Despite this however, he felt himself get lighter as the drink made him forget what he had to do tomorrow. He thanked the bartender in his head for the bottle and took the Spirytus and hid it away from the rest of the party.

Throughout the night, JYP would start to get drunk enough to finally start getting action as he went to the dancefloor and started to drunkenly dance to whatever the DJ was playing. This broke the ice for the guests as they started to join the dance floor as well. Overall, the night was okay. The table that held the girl group was doing the same things as they were before, although a bit more subdued as they were just waiting for the clock to run, although some were worried about where Dahyun went.

On the Main Table, Mina wore an anxious expression as she watched JYP dance the night away on the dancefloor. She sighed, slightly embarrassed from her boss’s drunken state as she turned her attention to the table her friends were located. She’s been keeping a keen eye on the table for the longest time as she waited for Dahyun to appear. She wanted to hear her tell her that everything was alright. She knew her friends didn’t like Ryan one bit. That was obvious the moment she introduced them together.

“Who the hell is he Mina?” Nayeon said as she opened the door of their dorm to see Mina linked together with Ryan.

“Ah, Nayeon-unnie. This is Ryan, my boyf-.”

“Don’t even think about finishing that sentence Mina. Get him the hell away from here.” Mina adopted a surprised look as the door opened a bit wider, which allowed her to see Momo’s face, which was glaring daggers at the man to her left.

“Now Momo don’t you think that’s a bit rude to someone you haven’t me- “

“Get. The. Hell. Out. Now.” Momo said as her tone started to get angrier. Mina was surprised at her friend’s reactions to the man.

“Now hold on just a min- “Ryan started.

“Did you just hear what I ing said or are you deaf. Get out.” Nayeon said with a fire in her eyes, attracting the rest of the members to see what was happening outside the dorm. Momo just stood next to Nayeon as she glared daggers at Ryan.

“Mina? Nayeon? Guy’s what’s going on?” Mina took a sharp inhale of breath as she braced herself for the inevitable. Jeongyeon and Tzuyu, who were both behind Momo parted from the middle and allowed room for Dahyun, confusion clear on her face which was battered in flour along with the red apron she was wearing.

“Who’s this?” Dahyun asked, dread rapidly filling her stomach as she looked down to see both of their hands together, Momo silently observing the small girl’s reaction.

“Oh, Dahyun. This is, um, this is my, uh, boyfriend, Ryan.” Mina stuttered out as she looked down on the floor, her eyes filled with sadness as she noticed Dahyun’ s eyes turn from their usual warm and comfortable brown to a dull brown as the words left .

“O-oh. I, I see. Well then, l-let’s get him inside shall we. I cooked some tofu if you would like some.” Dahyun said as she turned around and headed towards the kitchen, her face flowing with tears she felt her heart crumble, her head suddenly feeling light, her chest starting to get heavier. Momo sadly watched the girl go as she wanted to desperately to reach out and grab her, to hold her and to comfort her.

“We are not done here.” Nayeon said as she turned back to look at the two, sadness etched onto her face, yet her eyes glared daggers at them. Mina sadly nodded as she motioned Ryan to get into the house.

“Where are you Dahyun?” Mina whispered to herself as she pondered of her friend’s whereabouts.

“Hey Mina, I think we should wrap up the reception.” Ryan suggested as he started to bid his parents a good night. Mina could only nod as she got up and followed her husband.

Husband.

The word left a foul taste on . She needed Dahyun now more than ever. She always knew how to make her feel better. Letting out a breath she didn’t know she was holding, Mina silently followed Ryan out of the venue and into the parking lot, not saying anything during the trip to the limo as well as the trip to their hotel.

“Well, good night.” Ryan awkwardly said as he started to dress out of his suit before going to his bathroom. Mina murmured her response before doing what he did and stripped off her dress, before slipping into bed, not bothering to do her nightly routine. Wearing only her undergarments, Mina tucked herself under the comfortable blanket the hotel suite provided as she sunk into the pillow. Bringing a pillow close to her and wrapping an arm and leg over the pillow, she shut her eyes, trying her best to fall asleep, but her thoughts were too occupied by Dahyun and the thought of her smile. It gave her a warm feeling inside as she used that to go to sleep.

She dreamt of the two cuddling with each other as they enjoyed each other’s presence, a blanket covering the two as they both started to doze off, the movie they were watching finishing a while ago as Christmas music played in the background, their body heat adding to their sleepiness. However, Mina woke up in the dream to see Dahyun shift from her smiling sleep to see her back running away from the wedding. Mina saw that the only people at the chapel was her and Dahyun. She tried to reach out for the girl, to stop her from leaving her, but she tripped and fell on the floor due to the dress being too long. She looked up, tears on her face due to the trip as well as the whirlwind of emotions she was feeling. She saw Dahyun turn to look at her and say something to her. What? She couldn’t hear.

“I loved you.”

Mina awoke from with a gasp as she started feel dry, her chest heaving up and down as she could feel cold sweat on her back. She looked at her phone to see that it was already 10AM. A few messages from her friends’ group chat was actively on as they were all looking for her. She looked down and saw a few missed calls from Momo and Sana. She sighed and opted to answer them later. Getting up after calming herself for a little bit, she noticed a note from Ryan on the bedside table that told her he was going out for a bit.

Fixing the bedsheets and putting on some clothes whilst doing her morning routine, she decided now was a good time to call someone and ask them what was going on, the group chat telling each other there was a meeting with JYP. Finding Momo’s number in the contact list, she contacted the girl.

“Hello?” Mina heard on the other side, Momo’s usually cheery voice having a tone of indifference in it.

“Ah, Momoring. Is there a meeting today?”

“There was a meeting. The meeting’s already finished.” At this, Momo’s voice sported a more edgy tone, slightly surprising the girl.

“Oh did I miss it? I’m so sorry. Can you tell me what the meeting was about? And by the way, was Dahyun there? I didn’t see her at the reception yesterday, so I hope she’s okay.” Mina asked. She waited for a few seconds, wondering what was taking Momo so long to answer.

“Momoring?”

She’s not here anymore.” Momo answered in a coarse voice as the girl on the other line sounded as if she was crying.

“W-what? Who’s not here anymore?” Mina voice trembled as a pit feeling settled over her stomach as a sense of dread overcame her senses.

You heard me Mina. Dahyun’ s not here anymore. She terminated her contract. She left Twice.” Momo answered with a calm voice.

“W-what? She terminated her contract? W-why would she do that?” Mina was starting to cry at this point, yet deep inside, she knew the reason why Dahyun left in the first place.

I don’t know Mina. You tell me. Why would she terminate her contract on the day her supposed best friend was getting married.” At this point, Mina was getting irritated at Momo’s calm tone.

“Why the hell are you so calm about this,” Mina shouted into the device, “She ing left us, ing left me!” Mina sobbed. Mina winced as she realized just how selfish she sounded. And apparently, Momo did too.

Do you ing hear yourself! You’re sounding so ing selfish. You just up and told us you were in a relationship on a random day and the next week you’re telling us you’re getting ing married? Did you not see how she reacted to that! The day you showed us your husband was the day she ing died. She started to ing pack her bags the day after when you were getting your dress fitted. And you wonder why she left you? SHE ING LOVED YOU MINA! ARE YOU TOO ING BLIND TO SEE? She was all over you, she would always make sure to spend time with you when you were down. Remember when you were depressed, and you went on hiatus from our promotions? Who was the one who made sure to video chat with you just to cheer you up? It was Dahyun! She loved you with all her heart and you ing ruined it.” Momo ranted as her voice started to waver at the end. Mina silently listened to the girl’s rant; disbelief etched on her face due to the news she learnt. She didn’t hear the rest of Momo’s words as she cowered on the ground next to the bed as she brought her legs up to her chest and hugged them, her long black hair blocking her teary-eyed face as she loosely held the phone to hear ear.

She didn’t hear the rest of the words and only heard Momo’s last few words.

“You better be here in fifteen minutes or I swear I will drag you here myself.” With that, Momo ended the call and Mina tossed the phone on the floor without a care if it broke or not as she got up and wordlessly put on a thin coat despite the chilling snow that fell yesterday.

Mina ran out of the lobby and thought about how ironic it was that snow was gracefully falling onto the ground despite what happened yesterday.

The snow gracefully fell on the ground.

She watched as it all piled up on one spot.

She wasn’t there to see how the snow eventually melted away, away from each other.


Hello Again. I was a bit sick during this chapter and i reread it and it souded okay. Please tell me if it needs more editing. Criticism is welcomed.

I'll try to post maybe during or after christmas <3