02 Leeteuk

The Untold Story of Two

chapter two

leeteuk: the first meeting

Leeteuk: The First Meeting

The first family friend that Jinyoung found was a male named Leeteuk. He's one of the many friends that Donghae had in his life. When Jinyoung explained to Leeteuk what he was doing, he gladly lended his help. It was obvious that Leeteuk was absolutely fond of their love.

"Did you know I was there when they first met? It was one of the happiest moments in their life. It might sound cliché, but it happened in a coffee shop. Didn't think your fathers' relationship would start somewhere so cute, did you?"

 

"You're kidding me, aren't you?" Leeteuk laughs, "You've never dated in your life?"

"Don't make fun of me!" Donghae frowns, clearly not amused by his friend's comments, "I just don't feel any attraction to anyone I know. I can't force anything - "

But as Donghae spoke, his voice falters.

For the first time in his life, someone had caught his eye. Someone with a beautiful face, a perfectly chiseled chin, and enchanting eyes. The sleek fingers picking up his drink, lightly sipping it upon those ruby red lips.

He has never believed in love at first sight. He thought it was a ridiculous idea. How can someone fall for another who they don't know the first thing about?

Life wasn't a fairytale.

And yet, that was the moment Donghae realized that he was in trouble. His heart had fallen into a trap, a dangerous one.

Leeteuk immediately realizes the alluring boy who had fully taken his best friend's attention, "You're kidding me, right? The one you're attracted to is the prince of the school, Lee Eunhyuk?"

Donghae knew that it was ridiculous. He knew that Eunhyuk was someone everyone chased after at his school, but he also knew himself enough to know that restraining his own heart would be pointless, "Lee Eunhyuk."

He loves how the name rolls off his tongue so smoothly, so familiarly.

"Leeteuk, quick. How do I approach him without making it awkward?"

The two friends glanced at each other, neither of them knowing the answer to Donghae's question. Sliding into the adjacent coffee shop table, hushed whispers began to take over their conversation.

"Why don't you just go over and say hello? Introduce yourself as his classmate or something. What could go wrong?"

"What could go wrong?" Donghae repeats slowly, "What could go wrong? I wonder. I don't know. What if he's having a bad day today? What if he is waiting for someone else? What if he doesn't even know that I exist? I don't want this to be awkward!"

Leeteuk raises an eyebrow, "What are you saying? Why do you make the worse of all situations? Relax, Donghae. Things are not as bad as you think."

However, his words didn't seem to convince the latter. Instead, Donghae decided to chase Leeteuk away. Of course, little did he know, the sly boy never left. Instead, he made his way around the corner, keeping himself hidden from sight but still being able to see the drama unfold before him.

Donghae shifted his in seat nervously. He didn't know what to do. His friend was clearly no help. His eyes fell upon the boy in front of him. Maybe if he stares hard enough, Eunhyuk would notice and make eye contact with him. Maybe Eunhyuk will be the one to talk to him. Maybe.

But it fails. The boy never looked up, and the two never got a chance to see each other. The next thing Leeteuk knows, he sees Donghae loudly clearing his throat. He seems his friend tapping on his table obnoxiously, and he sees him sigh noisily.

"Excuse me sir," a worker finally goes up to Donghae, "Our customers are complaining that you are making a ruckus. Would you please stop making so many disrupting sounds? If you don't, then I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave."

A light shade of red crept up his face, "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

How dumb could he get? What was he trying to do? Make a fool of himself in front of Eunhyuk? Make a fool of himself of the sole person in his life that he found even remotely attractive?

As the worker finally leaves, a flustered Donghae rubbed his temples. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to say. He didn't know how to act. The only thing he knows is that he can't let this chance slip by. Putting all of his hope onto this one last action, he stands up and walks by Eunhyuk.

Maybe he'll notice him if he walks by a couple of times. Maybe he'll call out to him. Maybe he'll take the initiative so he won't have to.

But as he walks by, Eunhyuk doesn't spare him a single glance.

Donghae repeats the motion. He walks back and forth around Eunhyuk. Sometimes, he would pretend to stumble just to see if he can even get his attention a little bit. He tried all sorts of tactics, none which seem to make an impact on the boy. The prince of the school was really something.

Sighing, he tries to recollect himself, "If this is really meant to be, maybe I'll be given another chance."

"Oh is that so?"

Donghae's eyes widen. Could it really be? Could it really be the one he was trying to grab the attention of? He spinned around slowly, looking into the eyes of the one who spoke.

"Eunhyuk."

He puts down his cup of coffee and grins, "You put on quite a show there. I was wondering how long it was going to last."

 

"And that was their first meeting," Leeteuk finally finishes, "The story of how the prince of the school met his princess."

Jinyoung finally puts down the pen in which he was taking notes with. This story that he is hearing, he can't miss a single detail. After all, he needs to know it all in order to make his parents fall in love once more.

He needs to recreate the spark.

author's note

 

Love Lesson #1. Don't be afraid to talk to people you want to talk to. You never know what might happen. What we imagine is usually so much worse than what actually ends up happening. Just do it. Just act. Just believe!