Four

LOVE?

“U-um, Tiffany-ssi, you could sit here beside me if you want, your feet must be tired from standing.” Taeyeon offered nicely while tapping the space beside her. “Sure. Thanks.” Tiffany agreed and thanked her back as she took the sit beside the girl. Both of them fell in an awkward silence, both didn’t know who should speak first and what to talk about. After a few minutes of being both awkward and silent, Taeyeon decided to speak up. “You know, friends shouldn’t be this awkward, right? Ha-ha.” She said, laughing slightly. “Yeah. You’re right.” Tiffany answered and both of them laughed off their ‘awkwardness’. “So Taeyeon-ssi, if you don’t mind, can I ask you something?” Tiffany asked, trying to build up a conversation. “Aren’t you already asking me?” Taeyeon answered and laughed a little. Tiffany fell into silence when she heard the other girl’s response. Seeing Tiffany’s reaction, “I’m just joking. What was your question?” Taeyeon asked her. “U-um, I just wanted to know why you were crying earlier.” Tiffany answered. Hearing her statement, Taeyeon began to feel sad again and frowned a little bit as she remembered what happened earlier. “U-um, if you don’t want to tell me it’s alright.” A little bit panicked, Tiffany told her when she saw the changes of Taeyeon’s expression. “Both of my parents died.” Taeyeon told her. “W-what did you say?” Tiffany asked her, registering those words that the other girl told her since she was a little bit panicked a while ago. “I said both of my parents died. They both died from a plane crash earlier.” Taeyeon repeated. Tiffany gasped and quickly apologizes to the other. “I-I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to-““It’s alright, it’s not your fault.” Taeyeon told her before she even finishes her statement. “Let’s just drop off the topic.” Taeyeon added. “Okay.” Tiffany answered.

“By the way Tiffany-ssi, how did you found out about this place?” Taeyeon asked her, trying to change the subject. “When I was walking down the streets, I saw a path with many flowers earlier, and I kind of ended up here and then I saw you here.” Tiffany answered. “Is that so? By the way thank you for lending me your hanky.” Taeyeon thanked her. “You’re welcome.” Tiffany said and smiled at her. “It’s really wonderful here.” Tiffany stated as she admired the place again. “It’s sure it is.” Taeyeon agreed with her.  “You know what, my parents always brought me here when I was I child.” Taeyeon told her. “Really?” Tiffany asked and listened carefully as Taeyeon continued her story. “Yeah. My dad even made me this swing for me.” She stated happily, remembering those memorable scenarios from the past. “But both of them become busier from work.” She continued, while Tiffany continued listening to her. “They always leave the country for work and they left me. It has been my grandpa who took care and lives with me.” Taeyeon continued as the atmosphere became gloomy. “Then they promised me that they’re going home today, but guess what they broke their promise.” She stated sarcastically. “Now they left me again and they will never be going back to me.” She sadly said. Tiffany feels sad for the girl and brought her hands to Taeyeon’s back and rubbed her back slowly. “It’s alright. I understand how you feel.” Tiffany told her as she continues rubbing her back. Taeyeon looked at her with a confused look. “You know, I also lost my dad a month ago.” Tiffany told her. “That’s the reason why we left the city and transfer here.” Tiffany chuckled as she continued. “I guess we’re just on the same boat.” She jokingly stated and laughed a little bit. “I guess so too.” Taeyeon answered and laughed with Tiffany. With that they forgot their problems and the atmosphere became lively again.

“By the way you said that you have transferred here, right?” Taeyeon asked as remembered what Tiffany said earlier. “Yeah, me and my mom, we have just transferred here yesterday.” Tiffany answered her. “So, it means that I’m your first friend?” Taeyeon asked her again. “You can say that. I’m not really that socializing though, so it means you’re literally the first friend I have ever made.” Tiffany answered, as she bowed her head from embarrassment. “I think we really are in the same boat then.” Taeyeon stated, and Tiffany looked at her, raising her eyebrow giving the other girl a confused look. “How did you say so?” Tiffany asked. “Well you see I’m also not that socializing, I barely make friends. In a matter of fact I only had one friend.” Taeyeon told her. “Really?” Tiffany asked looking at her. “Yup. Do you want to know who?” Taeyeon asked her while smiling brightly. “Who?” Tiffany asked her, not really anticipating since she doesn’t know anyone around the neighborhood except for Taeyeon. “You.” Taeyeon told her and winked at her playfully. Tiffany looked so shocked for a while and bowed her head down hiding her red tinted cheeks. “Me?” She asked. “Yeah, you.” Taeyeon confirmed. Tiffany looked at her again and she saw Taeyeon grinning at her, she felt like her heart stopped beating for a while as she saw the other girl’s beautiful smile or more like a grin. “Thank you.” Taeyeon thanked her and hugged her. Now Tiffany’s heart was beating thousand beats per second and her face looked so shocked. She tried to calm herself first before asking. “W-what are y-you thanking f-for?” She asked and she felt like an idiot for stuttering. “Thank you for befriending with me.” Taeyeon answered. “I should be also saying the same to you, Thank you.” Tiffany told her and hugged her back. Taeyeon smiled while hugging her.

They both stayed in that position until Tiffany noticed the time from her watch. She broke the hug and stated. “It’s almost getting dark; shouldn’t we be heading back home?” Taeyeon looked sadly at her and answered back. “But I don’t want to go back to our house yet.” She whined. Suddenly Tiffany remembered what her mom told her. ‘By the way you can only go home if you can bring your new friend here!’ “Right!” Tiffany exclaimed loudly. “Huh?” Taeyeon gave her a confused look. “Well you see my mom told me earlier that I can only go home if I have a new friend to bring with me.” Tiffany explained to her. “So it means that you could stay at my house tonight.” She added. “Really?” Taeyeon asked her. “Yes.” Tiffany reassured her. “Thank you!” Taeyeon thanked her. “Shall we go?” Taeyeon asked. “Yeah, but could you lead the way out here? I’m new here. Remember?” Tiffany told her. “Right. Sure. Let’s go!” Taeyeon stated excitedly as she stood up from the swing, followed by Tiffany. “Yeah, let’s go.” Tiffany stated. They started to walk together as Taeyeon lead the way out of the hill and Tiffany lead the way to their house.


A/N : 5th chap. Late update, sorry.