06

[Series] Let time decides

 

“Are you going to library?” Junho asked. Nana shook her head slowly. 

“Why?”

“Wanna have drink together?”

“Um...I don’t think so....” Nana uttered softly. Her voice was slightly trembled. She kept holding her head and wincing. Her face was pale. Her lips dried. Even in everyone’s eyes, she didn’t look well.

“Are you alright?” Junho asked, concern. “You seriously don’t look fine.”

“I’m-” Nana had fallen on the floor, unconscious. Her books that she was holding scattered on the floor. Junho shook her body and called her name. But she was still unconscious. Immediately, Junho carried her bridal-style and brought her to college infirmary. 

Junho stayed by her side, waiting for her to wake up. The nurse had treated her. The door was opened, revealing a girl. It was Kim Gina. She walked in and took a seat beside the bed Nana was laying on. She looked frantic.

“What happened?” Gina asked worryingly, looking at Junho while holding her sister’s hand.

“Nana fainted after our Biology lab ended. She kept holding her head and wincing. I should have realized earlier when she started to hold her head and blinked her eyes rapidly. I think she had migraine,” Junho explained.  

“Migraine? I don’t think she has it before...” Gina sighed. She looked at Nana and looked up at Junho. “But...who are you? Her friend or something?”

“Ah, I’m Junho, her classmate, and also her friend.” 

Gina nodded in understand. “Thank you for bringing her here.”

“It’s nothing,” Junho awkwardly rubbed his neck. “But...who are you to Nana?”

“I’m her unnie. Kim Gina.”

“Oh, Gina unnie....” Nana weakly said as she awoke already. Her eyes were half opened.

“Are you okay, Nana?” Gina asked, helping her to sit up. Junho handed her a glass of water. Nana slowly drank it. 

“How is this happened? I don’t think you have migraine before,” Gina asked. 

“Unnie, I think I worked too hard on studying.” Nana sighed regretfully. 

“Aish this girl, I’ve warned you before right? Aigoo, you didn’t listen.” Junho hit lightly on her head.

“Yah! Who is the sick one right now?” Nana claimed. Gina just chuckled looking at the scene.

***


“Yah Kim Nana, I heard you fainted this morning. Are you alright?” Kikwang rushed in and sat beside Nana. Nana and Junho were having lunch together in cafeteria. Nana glared at Junho. 

“I told you not to tell him, right?” she gritted her teeth. Junho grinned and ignored her.

“Yah, I’m asking here, Miss Kim,” Kikwang said, staring intently at Nana. Nana sighed.

“I’m alright. Just a little headache. The end.”

Kikwang rolled his eyes. He knew that wasn’t the real story. “Little headache your .”

Nana hit his head lightly. “Shut up. By the way, where’s your Yoseob?”

“Yoseob is-” Kikwang’s eyes widened a bit. “Yah! He’s not MY Yoseob!”

“You guys stick like a glue. That’s why I call him like that.” Nana stuck out her tongue, pretending to be innocent.

“Stop- Ouch ouch.” 

“Yah Junho why-” 

“You two, shut up. This is public place for your information.” Junho was pinching the both friends’ cheeks. “The moment I release this pinch, I want you to be quiet. Get it? And you Nana, eat fast. We have class after this.”

Nana and Kikwang nodded obediently. 

***


“I’m going to perform tonight, you wanna come?” Yoseob asked. He hoped Nana would come to see his performance. He was going to sing at an event. Actually Yoseob was a vocalist. People called him as a professional one because his voice was really good. But he was humble, not admitting that he was a professional.

“Kikwang would be there too, right?” Nana teased, smiling cheekily. She sometimes thought that Kikwang and Yoseob had a secret relationship but nah. It was just her thought.

“Of course. He’s going to participate as well. You will come or not?” 

“Let’s see if I’m not busy.” She grinned.

“Okay. Tell Junho to come too.”

***


“Wow. I didn’t know that your voice is that good. You’re jjang!” Nana exclaimed, giving thumbs up to Yoseob while smiling widely. She was sincerely praised him. (*jjang = the best)

Yoseob rubbed his neck shyly. “Thanks for coming. Let’s go, Kikwang will treat us dinner.”

“What? Why my name was mentioned?” Kikwang blankly asked as he just joined them. Yoseob smiled and shook his head innocently. Kikwang turned to Junho and Nana. Both of them shrugged, pretending like nothing happened. 

“Why are you removing the mayonnaise and the sliced tomatoes?” Junho asked. They were having dinner at 24-hour Big Burger. He was curious because for no reason. He was just curious.

“I don’t like them. Tomato is still fine but mayonnaise is just no. I hate the smell,” Nana explained, pouting. She slowly removed the mayonnaise and sliced tomatoes. Junho stopped munching and stared at her. 

“Why are you staring me like that?” Nana asked, blinking her eyes rapidly. 

“Ah, it’s nothing.” Junho smiled. Not wanting to think more, Nana continued eating. She reminded me to....Nana. My childhood friend. Is Nana in front of me is her? My Nana? Junho continued eating while looking at Nana who was sitting opposite him. He wondered if she was his Nana. Unconsciously, he wished she was.