03

[Series] Let time decides

 

“Gina unnie, where are you?” Nana was walking while talking to Gina through the phone. 

“I’m quite busy right now. Can you go home by yourself?” Gina replied, sounding rush and worry.

“Ah, yeah.” Nana understood her unnie’s hectic-ness. “Are you okay by yourself?” Gina asked. “I’m okay. Don’t worry too much unnie. I’m hanging up,” Nana hung up and let out a sigh. She didn’t know how was this incident happened, it just happened. 

“Oh my god, I’m sorry!” 

She bumped into someone, causing the someone to fall on the floor. “Are you okay?” she asked, holding out her hand. The someone took her hand and got up. Nana felt a wave of electricity the moment the someone touched her hand. The someone was a guy. A fair skin and handsome guy. He wore glasses too and a cap. Nana ignored the wave that she felt. She thought it was nothing since she never got touched by a guy before. 

“I’m okay, miss. I was about to hit the floor even before you bumped into me. So literally it wasn’t your fault,” the guy flashed a smile. The guy’s smile however seemed to take Nana’s soul completely. She was sure that she saw that smile of his but she couldn’t remember. 

“Miss? Are you okay?” the guy waved his hand in front of Nana’s face since she didn’t blink at all. 

Realization hit Nana. Erk, why I’m like this? She thought to herself. “I’m okay. And I’m sorry!” she bowed.

The guy chuckled. “It’s okay miss, I’m fine. It wasn’t your fault.”

“It’s a relief you’re fine. I got to go. Again, I’m sorry,” Nana bowed and quickly walked away. 

“Miss!” The guy called. “Your......” But sadly Nana was already far away from him. “...phone.”

The guy looked at the phone in his hand. What should I do with this phone? He thought and sighed. I will just keep this. Who knows maybe I’ll meet her again.

***

“I’m home...” Nana’s voice echoed through the house. Slowly she walked in and smelt something good. “Omma!” she rushed to the kitchen and back-hugged her mother who was busy preparing dinner. 

“Aigoo my daughter is back. Where’s your Gina unnie?”

“She’s going to be late...” Nana took a sit at dine table. 

Mrs Kim chuckled. “Your unnie is always busy. So, how was your first day college?”

Nana tapped her chin. “Um...not bad. I still didn’t make new friend with anyone yet. But I found my high school friend! He was in one of my classes,” she told, excited. 

“He must be a very nice guy. Since you were so excited telling about him,” Mrs Kim giggled. She meant other way.

“Omma! It’s not like that....” Nana pouted.

“Forget it. Go wash up. Then, call your unnie whether she’s going to be late for dinner or not.”

***


Nana lied her body on the bed. She felt so fresh after washing up. “I should call unnie...” she got up and went through her bag to find her phone. “Where’s my phone?” She went through her bag again, thoroughly, but unfortunately she didn’t found it. “...where did I lose it?” she bit her bottom lips. She tried hard to remember and finally she got an idea.

“Earlier’s incident. I must be dropped it after bumping into that guy,” she let out a heavy sigh. “What should I do now? I didn’t even know whether someone picked the phone or not.”


After calling Gina, Nana decided to call her number. She wanted to know who picked up her phone and kept it. Currently, she was using her mother’s phone. When her mother asked where’s her phone, she lied, saying her phone was charging. 

Kring kring!

After waiting for a while, no one picked up her call. It frustrated her. She decided to give a call again,

Kring kring!

“Hello...” a man’s voice greeted.

“Hello. Um, I’m the owner of this phone. Who are you?” Nana asked, almost stuttering.

“Ah, you’re the earlier’s miss, isn’t it?”

“Uh? Ah yeah.”

“Where should we meet? So I can give your phone back.”

***


“Unnie, drop me at Cube Cafe. There is someone I need to meet,” Nana said and smiled.

Gina gave a sly smirk. “Ey, are going on a breakfast date? No wonder you’re so eager earlier,” she giggled. 

“No unnie! I’m just getting my phone....accidentally left it after bumping into someone yesterday,” Nana explained immediately. 

“I got it, I got it,” Gina kept giggling. Car finally reached at Cube Cafe, a cafe inside their college. “We’ll go home together. Call me to pick you up after finishing class. Unnie only have class till noon.”

“I got it unnie. Bye and see you later.” Kissing the older’s cheek, Nana went out from the car. Without hesitating she went into the cafe. As expected, the guy hadn’t arrived yet because she was a bit earlier. The time showed 9.10am and they were supposed to meet at 9.30pm. 

“Since it’s still early, time for breakfast!” Nana muttered to herself and went to the counter happily to make order. She checked her watch, it was already 9.40am. Where is this guy? I have class at 10!

“Sorry for the late. I was trapped in traffic,” a voice said. There was panting between the breath. Nana looked up and saw the guy. It was clearly showing that he ran all the way to the cafe.

“It’s okay. Have a seat,” Nana offered and smiled. The guy sat opposite her. He went through his bag and took out a black-coloured phone. It belonged to,

“Oh! Thank you so much. I’m so sorry for the troublesome,” Nana said happily.

The guy chuckled. “I did nothing though.” 

“I need to go. Thank you again.” Nana got up and walked away. 

The guy was staring on something until realization hit him. “Miss?!” The guy called out loud and looked his back. “You left your....” But Nana had disappeared from his sight. He turned back to the front. “...ring.” The guy took the ring and kept it.