-Chapter Nineteen-

Angel and Devil

Chapter Nineteen

It was already 11pm, Luhan was already by the Han River pacing up and down, feeling impatient. Then, two figures approached him from afar. He stopped to stare, hoping that its them. 

"Oppa!" One of the figures ran towards him and embraced him. He knew that it was Jaekyung and returned the embrace. Wrapping his arms around her tightly, he let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you're okay." He whispered as tears start forming in his eyes. They then faced each other, Jaekyung smiled at him. How could he ever resist that sweet smile of hers? Despite reincarnating as another person, her smile was still the same; the ends of her lips curving up showing her straight teeth, her dimples forming, one deeper than the other and her eyes turned into crescent moons. "I missed you."

Luhan's heart flipped at the sight of her. But the thought of what Kris had said entered his mind and he looked at her sternly. 

"Show me your hair." 

Jaekyung was taken aback. She sighed and removed her hood. There it was under the moonlight, her blonde hair with blue streaks. Luhan looked away, unable to see his childhood friend in this condition. His gaze was on the ground and many thoughts filled his mind. Will he lose her again? 

"Oppa... I'm fine. Its just a physical change right?" Jaekyung said with utmost uncertainty in her voice.

"Wrong." Kris interrupted. Jaekyung rolled her eyes. 

Luhan let out a fake laugh. "I can't believe this." He scoffed. His sudden change in tone caused Kris and Jaekyung to look at him in shock. Luhan was usually a calm and collected person who doesn't lose his temper easily. "Why did you even do it? Why..." He started. "Why did you have to kill yourself? And why Kris, why did you not tell us about your origins?!" Luhan raised his voice and glared at him. His fists were clenched, ready to punch Kris who has caused so much grief to Jaekyung.

"Luhan please don't do this." Jaekyung begged and held onto his arms. 

"It's no use trying to get physical with me, it won't change anything, Luhan." Kris sighed. 

It hurt to see Luhan acting this way. Luhan began to relax and let out a sigh. The trio then proceeded to sit on a nearby bench.

"What do you intend to do?" Luhan spoke after a long silence. He rubbed his temples, showing signs of stress. This was going to be difficult to explain to Sehun, knowing that he reincarnated because of his love for Jaekyung. 

"I..." Jaekyung paused, "I'm going to tell Sehun about this." 

Luhan's eyes widened, "Are you insane? Do you know how disappointed Sehun will be if he hears that youre the next Queen?"

Jaekyung looked into Luhan's eyes. "Sehun will understand, that's what makes us come this far." 

He began to relax as he trusts Jaekyung's words. Kris, however, was rather worried about what was in store for them. 

After a long while of silence, Kris stood up to leave. 

"I guess we'll get going now, oppa." Jaekyung said as she embraced Luhan in her arms. 

"Please be safe..." He said as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a tight squeeze. The both of them then smiled at each other and went separate ways.

 

Meanwhile, at home, Sehun was tossing and turning in bed as he was worried about Jaekyung's whereabouts. He has a feeling that she wasn't the same and something bad was about to happen. 

After what seemed like hours did Sehun get out of bed for a cup of water. Drinking water helped Sehun relieve him of his state of confusion. He then noticed that the hallway lights . 

"Hello...?" He called out. 

"What is it Sehun?" He heard Luhan's voice from the living area. 

Sehun walked out of the kitchen and into the living area to which he found Luhan lost in thoughts. 

"What's wrong hyung?" Sehun asked as he took a seat beside Luhan on the couch.

Should I tell him... Or not?

Luhan felt conflicted and worried on how Sehun would react to this set of bad news. 

"Please, don't get mad at anything or anyone but..." Luhan started.

There was a long silence between the two. Sehun was looking intently at Luhan, waiting for him to speak.

"It's nothing." Luhan said, "Go take a rest, Jaekyung is safe, don't worry too much about it."

Sehun was taken aback by Luhan's reply. He has never seen Luhan look so disheartened, and as much as he knew that something was amiss, he decided to respect Luhan's reasons for not telling him what happened. 

So many things were running through Luhan's head. What was he going to do? One of his best friends is the next Queen, the other is an angel. Why did God have to be so cruel to them? They were just lovers who were looking to reunite in their second life. 

 

Back at Kris' apartment, the pair were sitting on the couch watching the latest drama playing on the television. 

"Kris..." Jaekyung started, "What am I supposed to do now?" 

Kris' gaze softened as he looked at her. Since they're soulmates, Kris could feel Jaekyung's emotions and he could feel how devastated she was. 

"We'll find a way through this alright? We're in this together." He assured her. 

"We? There's no 'we' in this. I most definitely do not want to associate myself with you. If only I didn't end my life there and then, if only we didn't met and you didn't exist!" She vented. Jaekyung was too frustrated with how her life was going. She stomped into the room, leaving Kris alone on the couch with his head in his hands. 

How did this turn into such a mess? 

He reached to grab the tv remote and switched the tv off, the apartment was engulfed in silence. Kris has never felt lonelier surrounded by the cold concrete walls of his apartment. The accumulated stress weighed so heavy on his shoulders, he broke down. Tears started rolling down his cheeks as he stared into the empty walls of his apartment with lifeless eyes. His fingers combed through this blue-streaked hair. 

Why am I like this?

 

Eventually, he walked into his room and laid on his bed. This time, staring at the ceiling with many thoughts going through his mind. The two let their tears roll and flood their mind with thoughts until they both fell asleep. 

 


i'm gonna be honest, i'm not sure if anyone is still on this site anymore or still reads this.

but i come here occasionally to read my favourite stories, and updating at the most random moments.

here's a small heart to heart note:

i think i grew out of my kpop phase. the new groups just arent as appealing to me anymore and i havent been catching up with news about exo.

i do however, still follow them on instagram and i do get some news from twitter.

i'm really happy for chen & his newborn. i cant believe that some of them are in the army/have finished serving it.

it has been 10years since i found out about exo, in those 10 years, i've experienced many emotions seeing them grow, dealing with members leaving.

slowly, they werent the same ot12, but im glad that theyre still happy. i wish them happiness always and they will always have a place in my hearts no matter where they are now.

yes, i still stan exo. i love the boys as much as i did 10 years ago. they've been around for all my teenage life, & i'm always very thankful to them.

exo, saranghaja <3

-

i've also decided that this story will not be based on them in their current situations right now. the things that they say or act in the story is NOT based on real life.

to the reader if you've read this far, thank you for your support. i'll always continue writing stories when i come on AFF.

xx