12. Naeun

Giddy

(OST- All for you by Eunji and Seo In Guk)

I stared at the numbers and lowered my hand. To explain why I felt so strange was… I couldn’t describe it. That moment had given me chills. I saw Bomi look at me with question but she did not press me for any information which was fine with me. I wasn’t going to disclose to her what happened anyway. So in the end I added the number into my phone and decided to try and break the ice.

“It’s been three days since,” I murmured to myself. “Maybe he’ll have given up on waiting for me to respond.” I didn’t sound so convincing of this.

Slowly and with cautious presses I tapped out a short message to him.

Is this Taemin?

To my surprise a message came back rather fast.

Depends on who this is?

Was he on his guard? He may have thought I was a fan or stalker or worse. I had to type another message back to him.

I think you may know me. Remember three days back?

Ah Naeun-ie, I was wondering when you would contact me ^^

 I giggled and then stopped in alarm. What if one of the members noticed? Would they catch on that something strange was afloat? My phone starting ringing and I jumped. What was he doing calling me all of a sudden? Glancing around I quickly hurried from one room to a bedroom where I pulled open the wardrobe doors and climbed in. Sitting underneath Hayoung’s coats and dresses with her shoes as an uncomfortable flooring I answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Naeun, are you surprised?” I paused as he chuckled. “I thought so, you sound like it.”

“I err…”

“Are you hiding again? Remember how you did it once before?”

This brought back a fond memory. Our first ever phone call to each other. Nodding I affirmed this to him, “Mm… I do remember.”

And so that was how we started to get back in touch again.

“Ah Naeun-ah you seem to be working hard what or who is this for?” Eunji stood at the kitchen bench while I tried to wrap the rice, the stuffing all in the paper thin seaweed.

“F-for a friend,” I said trying not to say Taemin to her. I heard singing and Bomi entered with a cup in her hand. She came over to me and picked at some of the rice making me slightly annoyed. Before I could yell at her she moved back several steps.

“So who are all these meat kimbaps for; how come we haven’t heard anything?”

“They aren’t for you,” I told her with all three of us laughing. “They’re for a friend whose working really hard at the moment.”

Eunji and Bomi came together and started to talk in lower breaths. I heard the word ‘guy’ and ‘crush’. It made my ears burn slightly because they were rather close to the truth.

“Naeun, do you like someone?”

I almost released the seaweed before it had been rolled. Staring at them dumbfounded I started to talk, try and smooth things out.
“No I said it’s for a friend…” They shook their heads in unison. “I’m telling you the truth why won’t you believe me?!”

They started to laugh which got me confused now. Eunji came over to me and patted me on the head. “Ok Naeun we’ll stop sorry for upsetting you. If you do then that’s great we’re happy for you and we would love to know who so we can congratulate them for winning your heart.”

Now it was my turn to shake my head. “Nice try but it’s nothing like that.” I turned to Bomi who was counting the rolls that I had not cut up yet.

“Wow you have a lot here. How many people are you trying to feed?”

I had to think about how many there were. “A small group,” I covered my mouth in shock. They both turned to me their faces showing how curious and how interested they were in this.

“Are you going to be surprising my team?”

“Unnie I…”

She hugged me firmly. “Thank you Naeun, you know how hard my team has been working to stay in the show. They’ll really appreciate this.”

I had to step out of her hug and she looked at me in question. “Unnie, it’s for… Taemin and his team, I’m sorry I didn’t tell any of you.” Their mouths dropped open, eyes larger from the shock. I guess they had never expected it.

Eunji recovered from her initial reaction to start questioning me. “Ok so how did this happen? One moment you’re on We Got Married with him. The next you’re dating. You break up and almost four years later you’re talking with him again?” I’ll admit that when she put it like that it did sound ridiculous.

Bomi put a hand on the bench to lean in towards me. “So who contacted who?”

“Eh?”

“Who gave their number to whom?”

“He gave it to me,” I said and they started to tease me. Keeping my hands at my sides I managed to stop some of the poking they gave my ribs.

Eunji was all smiles. “This is just like the old days. Back when you were new at love. Ah you’re so adorable Naeun.”

Bomi nodded, “yes just be careful this time. We don’t want you being hurt again; especially by the same person as before.”

“Don’t worry, I’m being very careful.” I assured them both.


 

One month and three weeks. That’s how long we had been filming the show for. My twenty sixth birthday had passed and it wasn’t long before Apink would have their comeback. We’d been in contact for about three weeks now and all the members had found out. Of course there had been protests from a few of them and some asking me if I was crazy or in my right mind so I had to really explain to them that I was not going down that path with him again.

Fortunately Taemin and his team were not learning choreography at SM headquarters otherwise it would have been harder to go to him. It was a studio above a shopping centre overlooking the middle of the outside stands.

When I had parked I quickly pulled on the hood of my brown jacket and started to walk quickly into the complex. My heels clacked on the stairs as I quickly hurried up to the second level. I had to be fast so that no one would spot me.

Walking down the long hall with two large bags full of kimbap seemed to take a long while. The lighting was so bright I felt as though I was going on a catwalk advertising stylish foods. Pausing at a door almost at the end my hand was ready to knock; except I wasn’t ready to.

What was I doing? Would it be weird if I came in with this meal? Wouldn’t someone try and read between lines that were never there?

Before doubt had the chance to make me leave I knocked and waited.
“It’s open,” a voice called out. It didn’t sound like Taemin so I took a chance and opened the door.

They were all seated in a circle on the wooden floor. As soon as I opened it fully a camera was in my face. I started to back away.

“Whoa what is this?” One of the dancers exclaimed as Taemin quickly stood to his feet. He rubbed his legs from getting pins and needles.

“Naeun,” he then saw what was happening. “It’s ok you can come in.”

“Thank you,” I said and remembered why I was there. “Oh um, I-I brought something for you all.” Holding up the bags my nerves were struggling to stay intact as a lens zoomed in from above into my bag. “I made kimbap for you all.”

All of them cheered making me flustered. I hid some of my face by ducking my head. When I looked up again Taemin had a hand to his mouth which had stretched up to his cheekbones. Two of the guys on the team stood up and took the bags from my hands which I thanked them for.

They made space for me on the floor as they unravelled the foil to reveal the thick rolls. “Wow we’ll eat well.”

“Hyung, why are you acting like this?” One of the dancers nudged Taemin in the side. He was still smiling largely. As everyone was eating they started to catch on.

“Oooo.”

“W-what are you all doing?” Taemin asked with his face not changing. I swallowed my mouthful with red cheeks. This encouraged them and the camera crew seemed to love it.

I shook my hand to try and silence them. “No it’s because I am supporting you all. You’ve been working very hard and so I wanted to show you that I’m on your side and—“

“Thank you Naeun,” they all said before bowing to me in groups of two to three. I just sat there and let them do it without trying to stop them. It was their way of showing me their gratitude.

After we had all eaten everyone stood and I said my goodbyes. As I was about to leave I felt someone tug my arm. Taemin came behind me and spoke in a very low voice.

“Wait in your car, I’ll like to speak with you after practice tonight.”

For a moment I felt afraid that moment had been captured. However the camera men were busy interviewing one of the female dancers who was telling them about her leg injury. Quickly glancing behind it appeared he wanted an answer.

It was so sudden. I wouldn’t normally agree. But just that once I did.

Hehe are we happy shippers?