New Job

The Light's Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook snuck his phone back into his pocket and sighed in relief when he noticed the other two were still trying to think of a plan for disguise. He sat looking out the window nonchalantly and occasionally suggested something, which Kangin usually disagreed to immediately. The bus stopped in front of the mall and Kangin told his fellow spies to wait until Yesung walks into the building before following.


----

 

“Thanks adjussi”Kangin said and paid the cab driver before motioning with one hand for the other two to follow him, he zeroed in on his older friend who just walked into the building. Yesung continued to pretend he didn’t know he was being followed. Ryeowook smiled, he felt like he could be a great undercover spy because he’d be the last one suspected.
 

“Let’s go...stay to the wall. If he turns around hide behind the nearest thing”Kangin murmured and watched as Yesung got onto the escalators to go to the next level.
 

“I wonder where he’s going”Ryeowook murmured, he did mean some of it since he was just told not to tell the others where in the mall Yesung was now working. Today was just a tour of the workplace, or so Yesung told him. He didn’t know what the older’s job was either.
 

“Hide!”Kangin hissed and everyone ducked into the store just as Yesung turned around. They didn’t see him smile as he turned and continued walking. Sungmin felt embarrassed for stalking his crush, why couldn’t Yesung just tell them where his new job was?
 

Kangin and Sungmin stopped when they saw Yesung walk into a women’s dress store.
 

“Is that really where he’s going?”Kangin asked”Does he have a girlfriend I don’t know about?”
 

“Maybe, he could”Ryeowook said with a small chuckle ”I bet he’s getting a gift for her"
 

Sungmin didn’t say anything, his mouth felt dry suddenly and he didn’t want to hear these guys talking about the possibility of Yesung already being taken. He didn't want to picture the older coming out of the shop with a gift bag with thoughts of a lover.
 

“Hide!”Ryeowook gasped and Kangin ducked into the store beside them, grabbing frozen Sungmin with him. Ryeowook hid behind the cut out of the store's model and Min couldn't say anything. Kangin's big hang was covering his mouth to make sure he didn't make a sound.
 

Yesung chuckled and walked by the store heading toward the escalators where he just came from, but this time he was walking with a man. About the same height, and had black hair styled into a small mohawk. The guy was wearing sunglasses and laughing with Yesung.
 

“Is he a foreigner?”Ryeowook asked, it was his first time seeing this man.
 

“He looks like it, his Korean sounds really off too”Kangin murmured and they peeked around the stack of sports products. The two young men continued walking and Ryeowook almost fell sideways from behind the cut out because he momentarily lost his balance.
 

“I think it’s safe”Kangin whispered and got up from behind his hiding place and Wookie smiled to the store owner  and placed the model’s cut out back in place. Yesung continued to walk, he and the other guy walked back to the first level taking the escalators. He stood facing the other guy and glanced at the top of the escalators not seeing anything but Ryeowook’s thumbs up.
 

“Let’s go”Yesung said and gestured for his friend to go first.
 

“Are you starting work today too?"his friend asked.
 

"Not today, but I will tomorrow. I'm just going to meet the boss again and see the shop"Yesung said and glanced back at Ryeowook, he was distracting the guys so here was his chance to run"I'll explain later let's go!"
 

Yesung pulled his new friend down the hall away from his other friends. He knew he didn't have to hide but he didn't want to give Kangin and Eunhyuk discounts at the cafe place he was currently going to be working at. They would never leave him alone and be angry if he didn't give them anything free. His friend, named Hankyung, or Hangeng had been in Korea for a few months and working as a greeter/cashier was something he knew how to do even if he didn't know much Korean. Yesung was a little shocked to find out they had only one year difference, but Yesung was happy to call someone else besides Leeteuk ‘hyung’, it made him feel like he wasn’t too old yet.
 

"can't you teach me Korean?"Hangeng asked Yesung on the day they first met. Hangeng was elated he got the nicest guy in the cafe to be working with, of course the boss wouldn't let him work with the other waiters because they didn't know how to begin to understand the Chinese waiter. Though Yesung didn't know much Chinese he got through a few sentences with his choppy Chinese and Hangeng's choppy Korean. it was useful Yesung paid attention to the Chinese crash courses in high school.
 

"Sure hyung"Yesung smiled in agreement and Hangeng grinned hugging his new friend.
 

That was last week, was Hangeng's first official shift at the cafe but Yesung wasn't working. He was just going to get use to the environment before he started working, a thing he did at every job he ever took.
 

"Welcome"the Cafe's current greeter smiled and Yesung nodded. Knowing he was the oldest with Hangeng and their boss, he felt a little good that he was the third oldest. He'd feel bad if he were a maknae in any of his past jobs, because he saw that his former co-workers and bosses made the maknae do most of the chores while the sunbaes sit back and count money or something like that. But this cafe was different, everyone did their part and Yesung smiled at tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter