Sudden Matter

Begin Again.

 

It took three weeks for the awkwardness to fade. After Jongup confessed that night, Jieun started to keep her distance from him. Jongup did his best to break the awkwardness and it was all worth it in the end. Last Saturday, Jongup asked Jieun for a dinner at Apgujeong and fortunately, she agreed.

Dressed in her usual jeans and white tee with her thick jacket, Jieun waited patiently in front of the restaurant where Jongup made a reservation. Instead of waiting inside, she preferred to wait outside so she can go in together with Jongup. Even by looking at the outside of the restaurant, Jieun can tell that it’s a luxurious one. She wondered how people inside that place were dressed. She can’t wait to scold Jongup for choosing such an expensive place to have dinner.

A black car stopped in front of Jieun and two men in black suit went out from the car. Jieun didn’t bother to move even an inch from where she was standing and from the moment those two men approached her, she raised her brow.

“Are you Ms. Han Jieun?” one of them asked, Jieun nodded as a response.

As soon as she nodded, the other one opened the door of the car’s backseat and said “Ms. Moon Hyeri wants to meet you.”

“Moon Hyeri?” she asked in confusion.

“Sir Jongup’s older sister.” The one at her right side answered.

Jieun stared at the opened door and at at the restaurant. A bit hesitant of leaving the place without Jongup, but afraid that if she wouldn’t come, Jongup’s sister might think she’s rude.

This wouldn’t take long. I’ll just text him. Slowly she approached and entered at the backseat of the car.

 

To: Cheetos

Where are you? I need to be somewhere

right now, it will be quick. Just wait for me inside

     the restaurant. See you.

 

 

“Where are we heading?” she asked after sending the message to Jongup.

“To a restaurant just blocks away from here.” The man at the front seat answered.

The car went to a halt, indicating her that they finally arrived at the said place. The other man at her side went out and opened the door for her. The two men escorted her inside the restaurant and came to halt when they reached a table where a woman was sitting. Jieun bowed down at the two men and they left after.

“You must be my brother’s girlfriend. Sit down.” The woman smiled as she motioned for Jieun to sit down.

Jieun smiled anxiously and sat down. Inside, she was dying of nervousness already.

“Sorry for interrupting your date with my brother, but I must talk to you about something.” Her face quickly changing into a serious expression.

“You see… my brother is a very smart kid for his age.” she started and took a sip of wine from the glass she was holding and continued “I and our father are expecting great things from Jongup.”

Jieun stayed silent and waited for her to continue.

“You might not know this but Jongup isn’t my full blood brother. He’s the illegitimate son of my father. In return of taking him as a part of our family, he is bound to make my family think that he’s worthy to be part of it.”

“Why are you saying these to me?” Jieun asked, nervously fidgetting in her chair.

The woman smiled at her but Jieun can sense no sincerity in it. Silence took place and Jieun’s anxiousness grew by the second. Why can’t she just go to the point? She thought inside her head.

“Next month, he’ll be studying abroad and will be preparing for the high position in our company my father himself appointed.”  

Jieun regretted the moment she hoped for Jongup’s sister to get to the point. It was clear to her what Jongup’s sister wants.

“I need to cut my connection with him. Right?” Jieun deadpanned. Not even a hint of sadness can be heard in her voice but inside, she can already imagine how sad her days will be without Jongup around.

 “Well, let’s just say you’re being supportive to his dream.”

Dream? Was it really his dream?

“Sorry but I must take my leave.” Jieun stood up immediately and bowed at her.  Without waiting for Jongup’s sister to respond she turned her heel and started walking.

“Think about it, Jieun-sshi.”  Jieun heard her called out before she can reach the door.

 


Finally updated this fic. Sorry if it took me ages to update and it turned out to be a lame chapter OTL