Chapter 7

My Annoying Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Winter pulls over at the entrance of the hospital, she drops Giselle off first, the older doctor wonders why couldn’t Winter just park her car first then they could go inside together. But she guesses it would be much more efficient if one of them goes in first since it’s an urgent matter.

 

After Winter parks her car on her designated space, instead of taking the elevator she takes the empty stairwell.

 

“Ningning!” She calls out for the gremlin, hoping to summon her. She calls again and again but there’s no gremlin in sight.

 

Winter is still getting a hang of this power Karina has shared to her, and there are times where she could just summon Ningning just by thinking of her, but this time there’s was no Ningning and no magic circle whatsoever.

 

Thinking she’s wasted too much time in the empty stairwell trying to summon an underworld creature, Winter gives up and makes her way to the locker area to get her beeper.

 

The blonde doctor is just a few feet away from the ER but she could already see how busy people are, there’s a gut wrenching feeling she has that knows Karina is involved with all of this fiasco.

 

Once she’s in the ER, head nurse Yeri greets her with an assignment, “Trauma 6, Female mid-twenties, GCS 3. Pieces of glass from the windshield pierced through the head”

 

Winter nods in acknowledgment, “Can you page Doctor Son as well, thanks”

 

“On it”

 

The then blonde proceeds to where her patient is, however in her peripheral she sees a familiar figure in Trauma 1. She sees her colleague, Doctor Shin and the Head of Psychiatry, Doctor Moon, with an unamused Karina sitting in the gurney.

 

The blonde doctor had a little faith in the demon, she had hoped that it wasn’t Karina at all. Maybe it was another deranged person. But her gut was right. There she is, ‘Oh Karina, what did you do?’

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 weeks prior…

 

 

Karina sits on the couch staring blankly at the closed door in front of her, it has been 6 hours since Winter left for work and she has not moved from where she is sitting, ever since.

 

She decides to wait for Winter to come home, she detests the idea of her mate not being by her side all the time but the human insisted that she stay home and not come with her to where she works. With a lot of rejected protests, Karina gave in, she could not deny what it is that her consort wants.

 

So she sits there, for 6 hours waiting for Winter to come home. Too long that it’s starting to annoy another demon who’s sitting at the top of the staircase railings, observing Karina as she stares at the wooden door.

 

Growing impatient, the said demon who has been observing Karina for 15 minutes summons a fire ball and throws it at Karina.

 

The raven haired demon of course caught the fireball and eats it, she turns around and glares at the demon for rudely interrupting the oh so entertaining thing she was doing —which was just sitting and staring at nothing.

 

“What are you doing here, shouldn’t you be ing your fox into oblivion by now?” She growls at the other demon.

 

“Well, well, my dear sister aren’t you a little spicy” the other demon amusingly said before she jumps from the stairs and in to the living room.

 

“Answer my question Irene, what are you doing here? Did father send you?” She snarls.

 

“A bit pettish aren’t we?” Irene chuckles at her, “But no dear, I wasn’t even aware of your banishment. I was supposed to invite you to the usual festivities in the Asmodeus Tower, but a little gremlin told me everything” she pointedly looks at the younger demon, “Seems like there is no need to invite you in my tower anymore, you finally found your mate, Karina. And I’d like to meet this riveting mortal of yours”

 

“. Off.” Karina’s eyes glowed red as she glares at her, the other demon remains unaffected by the threatening gaze.

 

“You are a bit irate, haven’t you ed with your mate yet?” Irene quips her eyebrow in amusement.

 

Having hit a nail, Karina releases a dark red aura and fragments of scales starts to show on the side of her face. Irene accepts the challenge, a dark purple aura exudes from her, and her fangs start to bare. They have a stare down for a moment before Irene lunges at Karina, but the latter just caught the older demon’s fists, halting both their movements.

 

Turning back to her non-threatening state, Karina lets go “Stop, i’d rather we not destroy my mate’s belongings”

 

Irene then looks around, they were indeed in this unknown mortal’s home, she just scoffs as she turns to a non-threatening state as well, “Smitten with a human, aren’t we?”

 

Unamused, Karina just rolls her eyes before flopping back to the couch and crossing her arms. She knows the older demon is just playing with her, she wouldn’t attack her unprovoked. Believe it or not, amongst the children of the demon lord, she’s closest to Irene, even if they are millenniums apart. The one she has ever spoken too in centuries, and the only one who had helped her find her mate by presenting a number of succubi to her every time she visits the older demon’s tower.

 

And frankly, the reason why Karina’s been so adamant in finding her mate, is because she’s grown envious to Irene and her Gumiho mate, they are disgustingly all over each other. And Irene has a habit of performing ual acts with her consort in front of a crowd, and Karina wants that. Wanting to hear her mate scream in pleasure as she s her for eternity.

 

She just happen to snap at Irene because —as she puts it in a so dramatic way, she hasn’t seen Winter for 6 hours, and she’s been a bit irate.

 

“So…” Irene speaks as she sits down on a couch across from Karina, “Where is the owner of this house that you refu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter