Chapter 2

My Annoying Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

A day prior to Karina’s banishment in to the mortal world. Yes, as much as the demon is embarrassed to admit. She was banished by the demon lord, her own father. And for what exactly? Karina has been a useless demon apparently.

 

Karina was as usual lounging within one of the rooms in the comfort of her tower. Each seven of the demon lord’s children has their own tower that hey reside in to.

 

Her father barged in unannounced while Karina was basking under the nonthingness of the dark void.

 

“Karina, I am sending you to the mortal realm” her announces.

 

Startled, Karina immediately stood up and faced her father “What?!”

 

“You have done nothing as a demon, you’ve contributed no chaos to humans at all, you might as well call yourself an angel at this point”

 

Feeling insulted, she tries to argue “But—“ but however, before Karina could even finish what she’s about to say, her father spoke again.

 

“When are going to live up to your name?” The Demon Lord says, with a tone of disappointment laced in his voice.

 

Karina as a demon has done nothing to cause chaos in the mortal world apparently. You see, in her defense even though she’s already 400 years old—she’s the youngest amongst the demon lord’s children. Her older siblings had already caused too much chaos that by the time she was born, many humans themselves are already susceptible to evil that they can just destroy their world on their own.

 

Her older brothers and sisters had already planted so much evil seed that there’s nothing much she can do, really.

 

Well she did do one thing, Karina has been fascinated with this thing that the humans had created which are mobile games —“Gardenscapes” to be exact.

 

You see, she loves that game so much that she conceptualized the creation mobile game ads that shows up everywhere. The incessant popping of mobile ads with misleading gameplay and as a result annoying humans; it tickles Karina’s demon brain. And she enjoys whenever she hears a human complaining about it.

 

And in retrospect, Karina’s creation fails in comparison to the wars, murder, selfishness, ego and various other crimes that her older siblings created.

 

In the words of her trusted side kick gremlin, “You’ve created such a Gen Z problem, your grace”

 

Karina just rolled her eyes at Ningning at that, she occasionally sends her to the mortal realm to gather information about humans and their lives that the little gremlin has gone accustomed to their slangs already.

 

But with all the information she’s received, Karina stands by her thoughts that humans don’t need demons to create chaos in their world, they are already doing a perfect job at that.

 

“I will banish you to the mortal realm, and you will not come back until i’ve deemed you worthy of your name as one of my children” The Demon Lord says with finality.

 

Karina was given no time to object nor plead her case as she was already sent to the mortal world in an instant. She doesn’t even know where she is. She could feel that her powers are weak in this realm, she doesn’t know if her father willed her to lose most of her abilities to create chaos just to make her life harder in this world.

 

The demon still has a bit of her strength left, so she climbed the tallest tree she could find and gain vantage point to where she is. ‘Not having the ability to float and levitate ’ she thinks.

 

Once up there, it was useless for all she sees are more trees. She grumbles in frustration as she sits on a tree branch. With nothing much to do Karina decides to take a nap, to sleep her problems off. Hey, maybe when she wakes up she’s already back in her tower.

 

 

She’s not.

 

 

The demon doesn’t know for how she been asleep but by the time she woke up it was already dark. Karina was at loss at this point, her powers are very weak, she’s lost, there’s not a single sign of life nearby, and what the most is she’s already feeling hungry.

 

Karina looks down on her hand, trying to gauge the little amount of power she has. With much force she draws up fire At the tip of both her pointer and middle finger, with the tiny amount of flame she draws a magic circle in the air.

 

It took some time but the magic circle got bigger and dark smoke are starting to emit from it and along comes a gremlin appearing, a face familiar to Karina.

 

The magic circle dissipates and the summoned gremlin floats in the air.

 

“Lady Karina” Ningning curtseys.

 

“I would assume you already know why I called you here”

 

The gremlin nods, “I apologize for not showing sooner, the demon lord only permits me to cross the mortal realm within your abilities”

 

Karina had already thought so, Ningning has the ability to teleport at any realm she’d like. ThUs being the main reason why she often sends the gremlin into the human world to observe. The demon lord surely is having fun with Karina’s struggles.

 

“I suppose you have full access to your abilities without using mine?” Karina asks.

 

“Yes, however my time is limited your grace. My presence in here heavily relies on your power”

 

Karina grumbles and rolls her eyes at that, “Alright, give me things to use against humans and terrorize them. I want to finish this as soon as possible”

 

Ningning snaps her fingers and a magic scroll appears, there listed are things that most—if not all humans find sinful. These are information she had gathered for the years Karina has sent her to this realm.

 

As the gremlin states each one of them, Karina would only cringe at some of them, most of it seems a lot of work and others require her actual powers with her. Karina is already tired just thinking of it.

 

As the list goes on, there’s a particular sin that catches K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter