Chapter 5

The babysitter (Gtae AU)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time flies and it’s now weekend. Taeyeon will have her prenatal check-up around noon time, and she is excited to know the gender of her child. Before it’s only a dream to have a child of her own but now, she is getting closer to reality. Last night, she explained to Hera that today, she will not be around. Her princess Hera doesn’t want her out of her sight that’s why she had quite a hard time soothing her last night, demanding her to read a bedtime story instead of her father. She assures Hera that she will come back as soon as possible since they need to prepare for the party in the evening. Oh, the party. Just the thought of it makes her feel uncomfortable. She doesn’t like socializing too. But she cannot say no to her employer. He is more than generous in paying her more than the normal rate.

 

Taeyeon glance at the clock and it’s only about ten o’clock. She still have enough time before her appointment, but she wanted to go now, traffic might be bad even its weekend and she must wait for the bus in the nearby bus stop which is a ten minutes’ walk from the mansion. Looking at the mirror, she’s satisfied with the way she looks. Wearing her most comfortable clothes- a pink and white knee-length maternity dress, flat shoes, small bag plus putting on a light make-up, she feels like she is going to a blind date or meeting up with a boyfriend. Well, she is indeed going to meet someone. That someone will be her life, her precious child. Silently going out of her room and checking her bag to ensure she got her room key, she almost made it to the front door when Kwon Jiyong saw her.

 

“Ms. Kim, are you going out too?”

“Yes…”

“We can drop you off. We are also going. Don’t worry, Hera is going with me. We can drop you in the clinic since it’s on the way to my office.”

“Thank you, Jiyong-sshi, but it’s fine. No need. You and Hera can go ahead.”

“You know it’s Saturday and the usual bus that’s coming in this area, they don’t have services during weekend. You can’t possibly walk from here to the clinic.”

“But…”

“It’s fine. Hera knew that today is your off and she understood.”

 

Taeyeon doesn’t have a choice but to take his offer. What a great timing. If Jiyong didn’t tell her that there is no bus during weekend, she will wait forever in the bus stop. Graduated college but in some trivial matter like this, she’s quite lacking. She’s surprised when Jiyong took the driver seat. Oh no, there might be some awkward moments again. On her side, Hera is beaming with joy as she thought that they will go altogether to her father’s office and eventually to the mall. And Jiyong was wrong when he said that Hera understood that today her nanny will be off duty.

 

“Hera, Ms. Kim will not be going with us. We will drop her in the clinic.”

“Why?”

“Because she needs to go to the doctor.”

 

Taeyeon is just listening while Jiyong is explaining to Hera. But the little girl didn’t take it lightly. She keeps on saying no to her father. Any moment from now, another emotional meltdown will be seen.

 

“Baby, we already talk about this. You will come with me to the office and then we will go to the mall. Don’t you want to see uncle Daesung? He is there waiting for us.”

“No.”

“Hera…”

“No Appa. I want to go with Ms. Kim.”

“She is going to the doctor. Kids are not allowed to be there.”

“Please, Appa. Please?”

“Hera, why are you being like this? No, crying will not work.”

“I will be good. Really good and behave. I want to go with Ms. Kim, please.”

 

Kids, when they really want something they don’t hesitate or else they ended up crying. If grown-ups are like that, it will be a less complicated world to live in. Only if they can be as persistent as kids. Back to the teary-eyed little girl beside Taeyeon, she knew that Hera is doing her best to persuade her father. Hera knew that by shedding tears, she can move mountain. The mountain that is Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

“Ms. Kim?’”

“Yes, Jiyong-sshi?”

“Would you mind? I don’t want her mood to be ruin. Tonight, is the party and if she continues her cries, there’s a chance that her mood will be sour until later. Please do me a favor?”

“It’s fine. Hera can go with me.”

“Kids are allowed inside the clinic?”

“I am not sure, but I think it’s okay.”

“Hera? Kwon Hera, listen to me, I will allow you to go with Ms. Kim. I agreed this time, but it doesn’t mean I will always agree with what you want, okay?”

“Okay.”

“What will you say?”

“Thank you, Appa. And sorry.”

“Why sorry?”

“For crying.”

 

That was cute. What a lovely scene. Taeyeon thought as she wipes away Hera’s tears. She kissed her forehead, encouraging Hera to stop crying since it’s all settled now.

 

“We are here. Let me know once you are done. I will fetch you and Hera.”

“Thank You.”

“Bye Appa, thank you.”

“Happy now?”

 

 

When his mother said that Hera will be his weakness he doesn’t believe until the little girl started walking at the age of ten months. And just a while ago, she uses her magic again. He doesn’t want to agree but Hera is as stubborn as him. Looking at the retreating figure of Hera and her nanny, it looks like a mother and a daughter walking hand in hand. For Hera, Taeyeon is more than a nanny. He realized that as day passed by. She is her new best friend, playmate and sometimes a mommy figure. A mommy, what a lovely word. He doesn’t go away until Hera and Taeyeon went inside the Maternity Clinic. The way he saw it, it looks like Taeyeon is about to carry Hera, but the little girl refused. Oh, his little girl, he is so proud of her and her kindness. But her stubbornness is another story. He can deal with that later. It’s unusual for Kwon Jiyong to smile like a fool.

 

 

Taeyeon asked the reception regarding her appointment with her doctor. The lady nurse informed her to wait in one of the benches in the lobby.

 

“Ms. Kim, we will call your name once it’s your turn. You have to wait maybe 30 minutes.”

“Thank you. But can I bring her inside? I don’t have anyone to look after her that’s why I bring her here.”

“Oh, it’s fine. By the way, your daughter is very pretty.”

 

Her little companion is just watching her surroundings, never leaving Taeyeon’s side and always holding her hand. She seems curious about the posters hanging on the wall. Pictures of mother and babies.

 

“Hera, we need to wait for a while. Will that be okay with you? If you are hungry or thirsty, you can tell me. I have some food inside the bag.”

“Okay.”

“Hera, look at me, you have to listen to Daddy. Your daddy loves you a lot and when he says no, you must accept it. It’s not good talking back to your elders, especially to your daddy.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“I am not mad, Hera.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Ok, apology accepted. Aigoo, don’t be sad, my princess. Aren’t you excited to see the baby?”

“The baby will like me?”

“Of cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter