Sparkling water

Marriage Booth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Misis, do you think we should remove this table? Pointy edges might cause you and our baby harm.. ito rin, pati ito.” Winter was busy scrutinizing their house for certain things that she thinks would somewhat cause harm in the future once their baby’s here. While Karina, she just looks at her wife weirdly.

 

 

“You idiot, kakagaling lang natin ng hospital for the IVF. Hindi agad buo tong anak mo to run around the house.” Karina calmly answered, pointing over her tummy.

 

 

Paano eh ilang buwan palang naman sila sa bahay nila, gusto na atang iparenovate ni Minjeong yung buong bahay because according to her some furnitures and house features are ‘dangerous and risky’ to have around a baby.

 

 

“But, what if he bumps his head in this pointy corner or he trips because of these carpets? We can't risk that, Rina.” 

 

 

“Nope, he's not gonna bump or trip anywhere and you are not going to dispose of any furniture we have here right now. I swear Minjeong, if I hear another argument about this topic, you'll sleep on the couch.”

 

 

“But—”

 

 

“No buts. Stop panicking over nothing, please. Now let me rest, I think I'm done for today.” Karina went inside their bedroom and Minjeong just watched her wife's back disappear from her sight.

 

 

Minjeong's mind still isn't at ease. Her social media’s feed was all about precautions, dos and don'ts while having a baby, and she thinks it's a sign when it's just the algorithm’s working. She's been reading books and even watched videos about parenting from feeding to cleaning.. just everything, so it's normal to see her feed full of these contents. But of course she doesn't know that.

 

 

Well, having no parents to guide her anymore.. Minjeong was afraid of failing. Yes, she reads and watches videos on YouTube but having a parent around would be much better. Minjeong didn't want to fail Karina too, she wants to be dependable and knowledgeable when the time comes. But as Karina said, ‘matagal pa yon’.

 

 

They literally just got home from the hospital and here she was, panicking and overthinking. Then she remembered.. something she saw from a tiktok video about using silicone corner protectors. Minjeong immediately went to her phone, opened her online shop app, and started ordering a bunch of those after inspecting every comment from random people who bought the same stuff.

 

 

‘Better than nothing.’ She thought, smiling upon her purchase.

 

 

 

 

Karina was excited for today's event. Ngayon na kasi mangyayari yung premiere night ng movie niya with Hyunjin. And of course she's taking her wife with her as her partner for tonight.

 

 

She was very enthusiastic about watching her movie together with Winter. Karina was all smiles during the red carpet as well. The media even noted that Karina seemed to be so much brighter, she's practically blooming. Her fans did agree seeing her photos posted in her accounts.

 

 

“Let's go this way.” Karina said, leading Minjeong to a place far from where her co-actors are seated.

 

 

She actually requested for them to be seated at the best location possible to fully enjoy the film. But then when the movie started playing, she suddenly remembered something.

 

 

‘That thing literally slipped out of my pretty head!’

 

 

She said to herself, remembering that she actually had a kissing scene with Hyunjin. Karina was picking between just letting it go because it's a film before they even met, (well, again.. but you guys get the point) or she should tell Winter about it before it shows and occupies the big screen in front of them.

 

 

“Are you okay, misis?” Winter asked when she noticed the change in Karina's mood.

 

 

“Yup!” Karina answered, forcing a smile. She can't decide and she's running out of time. She thinks hard again but her mind was too stressed to think of a good solution right now.

 

 

When the scene gets closer to showing her and Hyunjin kissing, Karina looks at her wife. Winter was so immersed in watching the movie that she didn't notice Karina looking intently at her with fidgety hands.

 

 

And just before the kissing scene showed on the big screen, Karina cupped Winter's face, making Winter look at her with questioning eyes and furrowed brows. Without much thinking Karina just leaned in and kissed her.

 

 

Winter flinched. She was too shocked to respond, not until Karina started nibbling on her lower lip. She tried resisting a little, they're in a public place for Pete's sake! But knowing Winter, she knows she can't resist anything about Karina, especially when it's their lips we're talking about.

 

 

Karina just stopped when she heard a dialogue indicating that the kissing scene is now out of view. She smiled sweetly at Winter who's still dazed about what just happened and continued watching.

 

 

‘What was that?!’

 

 

After what Karina did, Winter stopped caring about what the movie was all about. All she could think of right now is Karina's sudden mind boggling kiss. Karina was also back to her previous jolly self, ikaw ba naman makanakaw ng kiss sa isang Winter Kim. Her idea was something she didn't expected as well, but she liked it nonetheless.

 

 

Winter was pulled from her trance when the lights started lighting up, blinding her for a few seconds as her eyes adjusted to it.

 

 

“Asawa ko I'm hungry. Uwi na tayo.” The preparation was indeed tiring. Umaga pa lang nagaayos na sila. Bago kasi mag start yung movie premiere, may press conference at red carpet pang inattendan si Karina.

 

 

“You're not going to your after party celebration? You can stay if you want to, I'll just wait for you somewhere.” Karina shook her head. It wasn't required anyways. Karina would rather spend the rest of the night at the comforts of their home, or just in Winter's embrace.

 

 

“No, gusto ko home cooking mo. Ipagluto mo ako uli ng pasta, please.”

 

 

“Actually, didiretso dapat tayo kila mom after we finish here. Do you still wanna go?” Winter was invited by Lisa and Jisoo to do a little celebration with them. They celebrate every achievement their daughter reaches, and it's like a tradition by now.

 

 

“Sure! I'd love to.” 

 

 

“I'll just cook your pasta tomorrow.” Winter placed a kiss on top of Karina's head and the latter giggled, nodding as she agrees with the statement.

 

 

“Okay!” Hinayaan rin muna ni Winter na makapagpaalam ang asawa sa mga co-actors and friends nito mula sa mga staff. Nagpaalam na rin si Karina kay Wendy para makaalis na since Wendy will stay for a bit. Free food is everywhere so she'll definitely not pass for something like this.

 

 

 

 

 

“Lolo, you're here too! I missed you po.” Yumakap si Karina kay Minseok nang makita itong nakaupo sa dining area nila kasama ang mga mommy niya. 

 

 

They arrived with a feast waiting for them. Kakatapos lang magprepare nina Lisa at Jisoo kaya nagpapahinga sila ngayon ng kaunti bago iprepare yung salad, their last menu to finish.

 

 

“Me too apo. Kamusta kayong dalawa? Hindi naman ba pinapasakit ni Minjeong ang ulo mo?”

 

 

“Medyo lang po.” Natawa naman sila sa reaksyon ni Minjeong. Umakto kasi itong naoffend.

 

 

“Misis, umamin ka na. Ikaw talaga yung nagpapasakit ng ulo ko.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter