One

Only For A While
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I must tell you, as your best friend, she doesn't suit you at all but her sister Miyoung is something else. We all can see how radiant you become when you stood beside her." Sooyoung said to Yul as they stood together near the bar for a drink.

Yul could only give a faint smile. He was contemplating whether to tell the truth to Sooyoung or not. He looked at the woman as she chugged down her drinks.

"Actually, Miyoung was my first choice. I wanted to get to know her but that night at the banquet, she was occupied. So many people was around her and I didn't have any chance to talk to her. So... I did what I had to. I chose her sister instead. I mean, she's not my type but at least my parents are happy to have someone reliable as my wife." Yul said calmly.

"Heol! Are you serious?" Sooyoung's eyes widen.

She grabbed Yul's arm.

"Yeah...I mean come on, would I ever choose Sooyeon instead of Miyoung?" Yul said playfully.

"That was my thought when you brought her to our family dinner last week. Yul, why didn't you come clean? It had been months?" Sooyoung was concerned.

As Yul's best friend slash cousin, she cared a lot for Yul. They have been close since they were a child.

"I...I am just tired to even think about it. To approach another woman is tiring so I just accept my fate." Yul was being honest.

As his parents pressured him to find a wife, he was tired to meet up different woman every month.

"You can still change it. I can talk to her if you want. It's not like you are engaged or something. You only brought her to family dinner once." Sooyoung suggested.

"Nah. It's okay. Let it be. Everything is going with the flow and I like it like that." Yul drank his drink.

"Are you sure? This is marriage we are talking about Yul. Once you marry her, that is it."

"I am 100% positive. I can't say that I love her but I am comfortable with her. She's fits the role." Yul retaliated.

Sooyoung could only shook her head and watched Yul ordered another drink.

//

It was already 6 pm and Yul gathered his stuff before punching out from his office. Yul looked at his watch. It was still early and all of sudden he felt like eating early dinner. He looked left and right before going to the left where the walkway will lead him to the Jajang Bap place nearby his office. 

As an office worker, it was easier for Yul to commute by bus than driving his car. With the busy city and traffic jam, even his father agreed he should take the bus instead. Yul smiled when the front of the restaurant is empty unlike when it was lunch hour. There would be a long line of office worker wanting to spend some money for a big portion of food. Yul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter