Deal?

Annyeongz Girls’ Fest Promptfills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft hum of conversation enveloped the dimly lit restaurant as Wonyoung and Yujin settled into their secluded corner. The flickering candlelight cast a warm glow on their faces, and the soft jazz in the background created a backdrop of intimacy. After they browsed the menu while stealing glances at one another, a mischievous glint danced in Wonyoung's eyes.

Wonyoung flashed a sly grin. “So… Ms. An, any recommendations from an Oscar winner? I hear you're quite the food connoisseur now that you’re a big-shot.”

Yujin chuckled, their gazes meeting. “Well, Miss Jang , rumour has it you're quite the snob yourself.” Yujin let her menu fall to the table and leaned closer on an elbow. “Let’s surprise each other. I'll order something for you, and you order something for me.”

“Fine,” Wonyoung agreed with faux nonchalance, her eyes sparkling with the anticipation bubbling in her chest. “But a snob ? Really? If you're one of those people who flirt with insults, I’m not into that.” Her smile said otherwise but Wonyoung would never not be a tease.

“Who said I was flirting with you?”

“Me,” Wonyoung stated matter-of-factly. “Just now.”

“You misunderstand me, I’m wounded .”

Wonyoung kept smiling as the waiter approached. Yujin leaned in, her voice low and conspiratorial. “Chef's specialties and your finest red wine,” she ordered, her tone a bit exaggerated near the end.

The waiter nodded, smiling upon catching Wonyoung’s smile and the contagious energy between the two. "Excellent choice, ma’am. Coming right up."

With the order placed, Wonyoung couldn't resist a playful grin. "I hope you're not secretly trying to sabotage my taste buds by taking me here, Yujin. I do have a snobbishreputation to uphold, after all."

Yujin’s tone feigned innocence. “Sabotage? Never. I just thought we could use a little adventure in our lives.”

“Is an Oscar not enough of that for you?”

“No. It’s quite the opposite.”

“How so?” Wonyoung mused, leaning back, to which Yujin only leaned further forward to close the new distance.

“Because that has to do with my job.” 

The waiter returned with the wine quickly. Yujin took it with a smile and waved him away before beginning to pour Wonyoung’s glass herself.

“And I don’t have to do with your job?” Wonyoung questioned, scooping up her glass and swirling it when Yujin filled it halfway. “And don’t you know you’re only supposed to fill it a third of the way?”

“No, I don’t consider you work.” Yujin poured herself a glass and set the bottle aside. “And you really like asking questions you know the answers to, don’t you?”

They met at a venue one week ago, where Yujin won best actress over Wonyoung and two others. Yet there was no bitterness or spite lingering in the air. Yujin had about three more years of experience on her, so it wasn’t unfounded that she walked away victorious. Wonyoung planned on beating her the next time around. 

“Maybe. Does that bother you?”

Yujin scoffed lightly, far more amused than bothered. “Not at all, you just seem hard-to-get, is what I’m thinking.”

“No.” Wonyoung looked away toward the flickering candle only to conceal what she meant. She wanted to leave Yujin wondering. “It’s quite the opposite.”

“Familiar words. I swear I’ve heard them before.”

‘Really? I’m not sure where,” Wonyoung jested, taking the first sip of her glass. She drew back on Yujin’s earlier words to ask, “So you like your girls easy?”

“No, that’s just how they come to me,” Yujin stated, looking away with a party-annoying—mostly attractive —smirk. At least Wonyoung was attracted to it, but since she didn’t want it to show she opted to scoff behind the rim of her glass. 

“ Classy ,” she said before taking a measured sip. 

She her reddening lips swiftly before speaking again, changing the subject away from other women and back onto themselves and all of their successes and anecdotes involving the industry. 

Their laughter harmonised with the gentle notes of jazz as they delved into more of the same conversati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter