in the rain

Annyeongz Girls’ Fest Promptfills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin had always loved the rain. The scent of wet earth, the rhythmic patter against her window, the way the world seemed to hush and listen. As she walked down the cobbled streets of the small town, her black boots splashing in puddles, her thoughts wandered to Wonyoung.

Wonyoung, with her fiery spirit and infectious laughter, was the sun to Yujin's calm, rainy day. They'd met just a few months ago at a local bookshop. Yujin had been engrossed in a poetry book when Wonyoung approached, commenting on the author's knack for capturing the essence of a moment. Their conversation flowed effortlessly, and by the end of the day, they'd exchanged numbers and promises of a coffee date.

Today, they'd planned to meet at a cosy café, but Yujin was running late. The sudden rainstorm hadn't been in the forecast, and Yujin's umbrella was nowhere to be found. As she neared the café, she spotted Wonyoung, her bleached blonde hair contrasting the grey backdrop, standing outside looking up at the sky with arms outstretched.

Wonyoung spotted Yujin and grinned, beckoning her over. “Isn't this just perfect?” she exclaimed, spinning around with childlike glee.

Yujin laughed. She loved the rain but had never considered stepping out into it like this. “Perfect for getting drenched?”

“Why not?” Wonyoung countered, her chocolate eyes twinkling with mischief. “Sometimes, you have to embrace the unexpected.”

And with that, Wonyoung grabbed Yujin's hand and led her into the middle of the street. They twirled and laughed, oblivious to the world around them. The rain soaked through their clothes, making them shiver, but neither cared. 

Pausing to catch her breath, Yujin looked up to see Wonyoung's face inches from her own, eyes searching Yujin's. Time seemed to stand still. The world faded, leaving just the two of them, the rain, and the unspoken tension between them.

As the raindrops traced paths down Wonyoung's face, Yujin leaned in, closing the distance between them. Their lips met, soft and cold from the rain, but growing warmer with each passing second. It was a kiss full of promise, new beginnings, and a shared understanding of the beauty in what they could have due to a single unexpected moment in a bookshop. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter