Part 6 // Close as strangers

I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

--------


The music was blaring and the drinks were flowing at the party that was hosted by Kim Aeri, the hotshot volleyball captain from Horizon High School.  People from their school and some of aeri's friends were packed into the living room, backyard, and upstairs, dancing and chatting away under the flashing lights. The air was thick with the sounds of laughter and chatter.

 

 

Minjeong, who got dumped by her best friend, navigated through the crowd to get a drink since started becoming become itchy and she was just probably already exhausted. Oh well, she hates socializing on weekends when she is supposed to rest. Her weekdays have been filled with classes that also need her to talk with someone so it is only reasonable for her to use Saturday and Sunday to rest.

 

 

She just wants to go home and relax, watching Grey's anatomy.

 

 

But then damn ningning and her way of persuading people. The kim minjeong, who was supposed to hate parties with all of her heart is here, standing in a crowd of drunkards. Minjeong wished the latter will wake up with the wrong side of the bed tomorrow or her favorite character in drama got killed.

 

 

Minjeong cursed when she saw two people making out and the counter where all the drinks were served. She sighed and decided to get fresh air instead, the whole an itchy throat situation, she threw it outside the window knowing she could never have the courage to confront people right now. And that's how she ended up in the front yard with a few people scattered around, smoking and drinking.

 

 

She turned to her left and saw an empty place beside a long-haired raven girl who was sitting alone. Her presence screamed danger as to maybe why people don't end up occupying the place with her. The latter was wearing a simple crop top, paired with jeans. There was a black leather jacket sitting neatly beside her as she keeps tapping her phone, seems to be chatting with someone at the moment.

 

 

Minjeong stared at the girl for a little to make up the latter face and when the figure turned a bit to the left, she cursed again upon realizing who it was.

 

 

Yu Jimin.

 

 

" Of course, she's going to be here. What did you expect you dumb kim minjeong." She smacked her head and laughed at how weird she is right now. Jimin is aeri's best friend, for hell sure she is going to be at the volleyball captain birthday's party.

 

 

Yes, she knew who jimin is. That vice president whose everyone was drooling and fighting for is once her friend--or maybe not. She doesn't really know where she stood in the latter life. They have a long history together, all the way back when they were 9 years old.

 

 

Her mom used to call them an inseparable duo.

 

 

Yeah, all that until her yuji moves away without a single ing goodbye. Not even ' I'm gonna miss you.'-- Minjeong remembered cycling over to the latter house only to find the parking lot empty. The looks like an abandoned old house rather than a lively place where she and jimin used to play tag with jimin's dad. 

 

 

As a kid, minjeong was never the one with many friends. She was that quiet and shy kid who knew nothing about the newest gossip around the neighborhood. Jimin was the only friend she had. Her father used to be close with jimin's father and whenever they met, they always let them play on their own. That's probably one of the reasons why she got close to her yuji.

 

 

And her yuji, oh her very beautiful and sweet yuji is just not so hard to like. Minjeong also remembered blabbering about her not-so-affectionate about a certain girl/friend towards her mom, who just laughed softly, telling her that she has a crush (which of course she strongly denied it).

 

 

She could never have a crush on yuji. She doesn't want to ruin their friendship.

 

 

Her yuji...

 

 

Minjeong laughed quietly at how absurd it sounded to call this jimin as her yuji. If anything, her yuji was long gone. This new vice president, jimin wasn't the one she used to know. Her yuji that she knew is bubbly, full of affection, and lovely whereas this jimin was rather cold, distant, and heartless.

 

 

True, they are the same jimin, minjeong is sure of it. The latter didn't change much, just her face looks much more mature and she grew taller. Compare to minjeong, she dyed her hair to brown and cut it into a bob cut. She even lose weight in her cheeks and maybe that's why jimin couldn't recognize her. 

 

 

Who is she kidding, jimin probably didn’t remember her.

 

 

Anyway, minjeong shrugged her thoughts, not wanting to dwell too much on the past. It was her first farewell with someone very dear to her (again she's not going to admit she has a crush on jimin)--She just maybe want to move on and accept the fact that her very first friend, special even, was now a stranger to her.

 

 

This jimin seems out of her league. Like that one lyric from the gold rush, 'My mind turned your life into folklore'. She can't even dare to dream about having jimin back in her life. Looking at how happy the girl is with her current life, she just feels like she wasn't needed anymore.

 

 

After all, who would want to be friends with the most boring person at school?

 

 

Maybe ningning but anyway, minjeong thought maybe letting it go is the best option. Why is she talking like she is going through a bad breakup? Maybe because she does. Not breaking up but letting go of your first love (okay s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter