1-3 Original Look

Empty Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

SOOKYOUNG couldn’t help but to follow Minjoo’s with her eyes after the girl came out of her room. The pink-haired girl was just out for five minutes but she already yawned five times. She looked really tired too as her eyes were obviously swollen.

“Minjoo?” The mother called. “Are you okay, dear? Are you sick?”

Minjoo let out another yawn. “I’m okay, Omma. I guess it’s just winter getting on me. I want to sleep more.”

“Are you sure?” Sookyoung asked once more as moved closer to her daughter to have a better look of that tired face. She placed her palm on Minjoo’s forehead and let out a sigh of relief when confirmed that the girl wasn’t sick. “Couldn’t sleep well?”

Minjoo was taken aback. A mother’s sensor isn’t something to be taken lightly off. “N-No, Omma. I actually slept like a log. You can ask Yujin about it.”

Speaking of Yujin, Minjoo looked around but the said girl wasn’t around. Minjoo remembered passing out after crying. She was expecting to see Yujin back to bed with her but she woke up alone as if having Yujin back was just a fever dream. 

“Are you looking for her?” Sookyoung asked with a gentle voice. “You know how an early bird your Uncle is. He caught Yujin and Liz in the living room while they were watching a movie. I understand about their jet lag because I experienced the same back then but Junsu is just being petty again. He brought the two outside to walk in the park.”

“Park…?” Minjoo’s shoulders dropped as she looked back at her mother. “You mean the nearby hill, right?”

Sookyoung chuckled because Minjoo got it right. “He said exercising would help with their jet lag.”

“Good luck to both of them.” Minjoo smiled before stretching her arms upwards. “Have you eaten your breakfast, Omma? Want to eat with me?”

The two shared breakfast for the first time in a while. Usually, Sookyoung would already be out of the house for work when Minjoo wakes up but since it’ll be Yujin’s first time back at home after more than a year, the couple filed a one week leave just to spend more time with their kids. 

After breakfast, Minjoo hurriedly prepared herself to go out. When Sookyoung asked where she would be going, the girl just gave her a meaningful smile before telling her that it’s a secret. The mother just shook her head and sent Minjoo off.

The pink-haired girl smiled at herself after facing the mirror of the elevator. She pulled her phone and snapped a quick picture of her in that fit while twirling her hair.

She almost gasped when the elevator reached the first floor and the sight of Yujin with her new girlfriend linking arms. The two, together with Richard, were having a fun conversation but they all stopped when they saw Minjoo.

“Oh, Minjoo?” Richard greeted her with a smile on his face. “I just came from a hike with the Princess and the Rascal.”

“I am sure I am not the Princess.” Yujin rolled her eyes. 

“So, do you want me to be the Rascal?” Liz asked with those challenging eyes.

“What I am saying is that you fit the Princess role more!”

‘Man, I didn’t sign up for this.’ Minjoo just forced a smile and got out of the elevator. She was surprised that the three didn’t ride it after she got out so she turned at them with those curious eyes. ‘Ah? Are they up for a short conversation?’

“Sorry, Minjoo. I didn’t wake you up because I know it’s only during vacations that you can sleep longer.” Richard said while scratching the back of his head. 

“Thank you for the consideration, Uncle.” Minjoo gave the guy a quick bow. “I will excuse myself now.”

“Where are you going, Unnie?” Yujin asked which halted Minjoo once more. The latter girl let out a sigh internally. She then faced them again with that smile. 

“Just a short appointment. I will be back soon.” The pink-haired girl answered, assuring the three. “I’ll go ahead now.”

Yujin just watched her sister set off with her hand hanging in mid-air. She was about to say bye but Minjoo just disappeared in an instant. “B-Bye, I guess…”

The taller girl just shrugged her shoulders before looking at her girlfriend who was already staring at her. “Is there something wrong?” Yujin asked. 

“Nothing.” Liz grinned. “I just realised once again how ‘ooglee’ you are.”

“H-Hey!” Yujin was obviously flustered before pointing at her Dad. “D-Don’t talk like that. My creator is right here with us! He will be offended!”

Liz was shocked because she actually forgot about that. She quickly turned to Richard to apologise but the man was already shaking his head while pinching his radix a bit. “I understand, Liz. I am really sorry. There was an error during the production…”

“D-Dad!” Yujin’s shoulders just dropped in disappointment while her girlfriend almost died in laughter. 



 

 



 

“JUST a short appointment. I will be back soon.”

Yujin already realised that what Minjoo said was a total lie when she looked at the clock. It was already 5 in the afternoon but the pink-haired girl is still not back in the house. 

“Where is Minjoo-unnie?” Yujin whined as she sunk in the couch. For that day, they just decided to stay at home since they will be hanging out at Wonyoung’s place later. “Aunt Sookyoung, can you ask Unnie where she is now?”

The lady who was busy looking for dessert recipes online turned to Yujin. “I already sent her a message and she said the appointment took longer than expected.”

“Eey…” Yujin slid lower to the couch. “Minjoo-unnie doesn’t seem interested in hanging out with me. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other but she’s already hanging out with other people.”

“Stupid.” Richard said nonchalantly which made Liz snort. “Your Minjoo-unnie was too excited the first time she heard that you were coming home. She even volunteered to clean your room and she prepared almost all the dishes yesterday.”

Yujin’s pout grew longer. “But why did she leave like this?”

“You probably pissed her or something.” Richard scoffed.

“I didn’t do anything!” Yujin whined. Liz was just shaking her head at how childish Yujin was acting.

Just a little while later, Sookyoung’s phone rang.

“Hello, Minjoo?”

Yujin’s neck almost snapped at how fast she turned to the lady after hearing Minjoo’s name.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter