I Just Want To Be Okay

The Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every night so far has been nothing but relatively quiet. Boring. A repetition of yesterday. Jungsoo never thought that his life would come to a grueling cycle after those years that his days were filled with nothing but schedules after schedules—dance practices in some days, performances in some nights.

And the best of it all? He was always with company. Surrounded by s, the brothers he had learned to love—to lead. He was never alone. With his self. With his thoughts.

Funny how people couldn’t see beyond the image he projected, couldn’t see the pain behind his famous angelic smile, couldn’t see the suffering behind his silence.

He shook his head. There’s no point going around what could be. And why should he blame the others? When he was the one who forced himself mute? Ever since the years he had to spend his nights surrounded every minute in their company, he never spoke of his thoughts. He never initiated conversation, never opened up with his problems.

Why should he? He was the leader. He should be the person that his youngers should look up to. He shouldn’t be pitied. He shouldn’t be in pain. He should lead. He should be the shoulder to cry on. He has to be strong. He has to be better.

His phone vibrated, an incoming message.

Hyung! We’re all here! Hurry~ Kyunghun messaged him.

He closed his eyes and pocketed his phone. There was a pull inside him, that wants nothing more than to stay in his silent apartment and basked in the comfort of his loneliness. Because that’s what happens when you spent your life sleeping with your pain. You’ve learned to love it. To crave it more than happiness.

But he couldn’t. They’ll worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter