3. pink pencils and sketches

love and hatred

Everyone knows. It's clear as the crystal and as bright as the sun. Wonyoung really (annoyingly) LOVES pink. They wanna complain from to much pink but they just let her be. She's still their baby anyway. 
 

Giggles. 

 

Giggles of a young girl was heard. And of course, everyone knows who is the owner of such voice. 

 

"Are you done yet?" Hitomi asked her friend who is currently scribbling something with her pink pencil. 

 

"No, not yet. Just give me a minute," Wonyoung answers, not batting an eye at her friend as she focuses on her work. 

 

Hitomi silently looked at what her friend was doing, "Nice sketch by the way." She took out her food and sat beside the younger. 

 

"Thanks." 

 

"No prob." 

 

Scribbles. Munches. Eating sounds. Sound of students laughing and doing some outside. Two young girls wordlessly doing their own thing. In Wonyoung and Hitomi's case, sketching and eating respectively. 

 

Hitomi actually planned to invite Wonyoung to eat outside. But the moment she saw her busy friend, she decided just to accompany her inside their room. She can still eat inside anyway so there she was, sitting beside a busy Wonyoung. 

 

"Argh. This is hard!" Wonyoung complains. She leaned on her seat frustratingly. She looked at her friend at the side with a sandwich in her hand, "Hiichan can you give me some?" 

 

"What if I say no?" 

 

"I hate you." 

 

"Pfft you're too easy to tease." 

 

"No I'm not! You're just a bully."

 

"I'm too beautiful to be a bully, Wonyoungie." 

 

"Don't lie to yourself like that, Hiichan."

 

"Says the one who has a collection of questionable throwback photos." 

 

"Now you're just being mean."

 

Hitomi laughed when Wonyoung pouted. Another win for Hiichan it is.  

 

"Now now, the both of you are like this again? Over what? Over a ing sandwich? Grow up please the two of you," Minjoo walked closer to the two. Her eyes failed to see the sketch Wonyoung was busy all about. She even failed to notice how Wonyoung forcibly grabbed the sandwich from Hitomi's grasp.

 

(The latter didn't mind though) 

 

"Not you acting like you weren't infuriated when Chaewon stole your cheeseballs," Hitomi smirked as she fired back. Minjoo's eyes widened suddenly. Hitomi held her chin while thinking.

 

"Now that I remembered it, the two of you nearly broke up. Damn Minjoo you're kinda—" 

 

"SHUT UP!" 

 

Yep. It has finally came into the conclusion that Hitomi always wins.

 

...

 

Wonyoung arrived home still feeling dejected. She can't seem to finish her sketch that she's been working for the whole day now. 

 

She sat on her chair holding a cute pink pencil. Eyes on the unfinished sketch with a frown on her face.

 

"What am I going to do with you?"

 

...

 

Another day for Wonyoung. And she still can't finish her sketch.

 

"What's wrong with you?" A short haired woman asked her holding a drink. "What happened?" Chaewon asked again after noticing her friend's mood.

 

Wonyoung pouts, "I can't finish the sketch that I've been working on since yesterday."

 

"What sketch?"

 

"A horse."

 

"Oh— wait what!?"

 

"I said, a horse."

 

"Why can't you finish a damn sketch of a horse?"

 

"Because I want it to be as cute, pretty and perfect as me!"

 

Silence.

 

Wonyoung crossed her arms and look away. Making sure her back is facing her friend Chaewon.

 

"Wow I— I don't even know what to say..." And then suddenly Chaewon doesn't want to finish her drink anymore. She wanted to laugh and cry so bad.

 

"You're weird. Do you know that?"

 

"Of course. I wouldn't be your friend if I didn't. Birds of the same flock have feathers, Chaewon."

 

"Wonyoung."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Are you saying that I'm weird too?"

 

"Maybe."

 

"Wonyoung."

 

"What?"

 

"It's birds of the same feathers flock together, my dear friend."

 

"I—"

 

...



Inside her room once again, staring at her (finally finished) horse sketch. She felt really satisfied at the outcome of her work. She chuckled and patted herself. 



"Good job on the horse there, Wonyoungie." 



She doesn't really know why she decided to draw a horse but then again she realized she has a crazy brain so she just let herself be. 




Staring at her sketchbook again, she flipped another page and grabbed her pink pencil. 



"I kinda wanna sketch another creature." And so she did.