8. screw the colors

love and hatred

Literally everyone's jaw dropped. On the floor. Eyes wide open. Speechless. Shocked. Astonished. Stupefied. Stoned. Surprised. One of Wonyoung's classmates fainted and is currently lying on the ground (Jaehee was literally screaming for help because she can't carry Zoa all by herself). 

 

Minju feels faint. In fact, she's already teary eyed. Chaewon was praying to the gods. Hitomi didn't even notice that her books already fell from her grasp. 

 

The resident pink girl, looking like such an unbothered queen (as always), walked her way to the lockers after changing from her PE uniform to a casual clothing. She thanked the heavens for giving them a free day to wear their OOTD's.

 

All eyes were on her, gaining everyone's attention.  Wonyoung is already used to the fame, but this is a different case. 

 

Wonyoung is wearing anything but pink. 

 

THE Wonyoung who had an unhealthy liking for that specific color, is currently wearing a monochromatic outfit. Just black AND white. Nothing else. 

 

Don't get her wrong, she also wears outfits in different colors because she still is sane enough to hold back before she completely drown herself in pink (she still made sure there are some pink elements in her look though).

 

BUT THIS?

 

There are literally no traces of pink! Not even in different shades! Absolutely nothing. NONE. 

 

"Okay what the hell is happening?" Minju asked. Worriedness evident on her tone when she's supposed to be happy with Wonyoung's sudden change. She feels like something is not right. 

 

She saw Wonyoung silently walking away wearing a blank expression. Students walking on the side, giving the tall girl a way because her mere presence totally intimidated people. 

 

"I don't know but happy new year I guess." Hitomi picked up her books after fixing herself. Her face is now displaying her usual 'I-Don't-Give-A-' look unlike her flustered expression earlier. 

 

Minju retorts, "We are literally in the middle of the year." 

 

"Maybe she decided to start her new year's resolution today? Come one Min, cut her off some slack." Hitomi heads to her locker to place her books completely leaving Minju behind. 

 

And then there's Chaewon, still chanting her prayers. Looking above diligently like a good child. 

 

Minju saw her girlfriend doing her own activity and watched her for a few minutes. 

 

Then she proceeds to join the older Kim another minute later. 

 

"All hail God Jihyo!" The both of them prayed together. 

 

.

 

Wonyoung wasn't really having it. It's like one day she woke up and then suddenly she has no energy to associate herself with a four letter word color that starts with P and ends with K. 

 

She understands the reaction though because everybody was obviously not used to see her like this, even herself for that matter. 

 

But screw it. She's gonna take herself for another break today. (She literally lost count on how many times she had a break her whole life)

 

Screw the colors! 

 

"Indeed." Wonyoung muttered under her breath. If it isn't clear enough, she needs to relax. Everything pisses her off. Not even sports can help her relieve the stress that she's having today. And she doesn't even know why the entire universe seems displeasing for her today. 

 

She gives zero s on wherever her feet is taking her. 

 

As her hand twisted the knob and opens the door, that's when she realized it's gonna be her first time visiting this place. 

 

"Oh my god." She said to herself. Almost like a whisper as the words came out of . Scanning the area she can't help but smile. 

 

This is the perfect place.

 

"As expected of myse—"

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

 

A beat.

 

Wonyoung stood still. Like a toy robot that suddenly lost its power after a few seconds of movements. Slowly turning her heel, she then dramatically turned herself to her back to face the owner of that voice.

 

Honestly she wished that this ain't the person that she's thinking of.

 

But who was she kidding?

 

"Blue girl." She said with much power and aggressiveness. Her eyes darting over the girl who was leaning on the wall. Both her hands served as a pillow of support for her head while her legs were crossed.

 

This sight beholding her tells Wonyoung that this blue girl is chilling in this rooftop.

 

(She also noticed a pile of books at the side)

 

Wonyoung is giving the blue girl a glare and the latter is returning it with the same intensity.

 

They both agreed on the same thing.

 

They don't really like each other. Like, really really. Maybe two reallys are not enough to suffice the hatred they are feeling.

 

Yujin doesn't get it but then again, she's too lazy to deal with this .

 

So she decided to close her eyes, convincing herself that there are no annoying barbies around.

 

Just right after Yujin closes her eyes, the annoying barbie decided to break the heavy silence, "What are you doing in my school?"

 

Yujin scoffs, "The audacity of this ."

 

"What did you just say to me?" Wonyoung felt her blood is boiling again. And the other girl still in the same position earlier looking unbothered is totally not helping.

 

"The last time I checked," Yujin adjusts her position and is gritting her teeth, "I asked you first. And for the record, this is not your school."

 

Hitting the bull's eye, Wonyoung went silent.

 

With an extremely bored looking Yujin, she sighed. "It's such a miracle to see a barbie wearing black and white. What happened to the pink madness?"

 

"It's none of your business. Why do you care?"

 

"I was just speaking you annoying brat."

 

"Well thanks for stating the obvious, stupid ." Wonyoung slightly kicked Yujin's leg.

 

"Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you!?" Yujin didn't even touch barbie. Not a single strand of her hair was touched. "Why can't you leave me the alone!?"

 

"Because you're literally everywhere! I'm having the time of my life and the next thing is you suddenly popping out of nowhere!"

 

"And why is it my damn fault?"

 

"Just because!"

 

"You're so ing hopeless."

 

"Who are you anyway?"

 

"After all the things you said to me you're expecting me to introduce myself to you? I'm not the idiot you think I am."

 

"This is impossible. I know every student enrolled in this school."

 

"Well, seems like you're absolutely wrong."

 

"How come I never saw you in school? Not even once in my whole life!"

 

"Congrats, you finally saw me in school today. That's a record right?"

 

Wonyoung can't take this anymore. If this keeps up she's gonna go completely insane.

 

Literally everything.

 

Suddenly the barbie girl in front of Yujin went hysterical. Screaming, laughing and messing her own hair in uttermost frustration. 

 

She's definitely a lost cause. Yujin thought.

 

Picking up a book from the pile, she immediately threw it to Wonyoung's face.

 

"Ow!" The book hit her right on the spot.

 

"Go read a ing book and leave me alone! I'm taking a nap so you better be silent." Yujin positions herself in a comfortable spot and closes her eyes.

 

Finally some peace and quiet.

 

"I don't like this book I need another one."

 

"Oh come on!"

 

The both of them are skipping classes as we speak. Because they failed to hear the sound of the school's bell.

 

They certainly don't need to know that information.

 

"I'm Wonyoung." Wonyoung was looking away shyly. She doesn't even know why she said that.

 

Yujin sighs. Her forehead creasing while studying the other, "And now you're telling me your name. I really don't get you, barbie."

 

"Wonyoung." She corrected Yujin. Annoyed by the nickname she pouted. "Look, I know we don't like each other, but can you at least cooperate and tell me yours too? I'm trying so hard to be friendly here."

 

"Does your definition of being friendly includes kicking someone unprovoked?"

 

"Hey—" Wonyoung suddenly remembers that she's in her 'being friendly' state, "I'm sorry about that."

 

Seeing the corner of the blue girl's lip went upward, she felt kind of happy.

 

"Glad you finally apologized." Yujin stands up and pats her clothes to remove the dirt. She wasted no time and fixes the pile of books on her side. Some of it were opened, some of them were collecting dust, and some needs to have another owner.

 

"So am I just gonna call you blue girl or are you gonna give me your name yet?"

 

"Not gonna happen." Yujin spoke right away.

 

Without missing any beat Wonyoung said, "Okay, Smurfette."

 

"What the..." Yujin almost choked on her spit, "Where did that even come from?"

 

"Well she's blue and you're blue..?"

 

"No."

 

"So you prefer Papa Smurf?"

 

"ABSOLUTELY NOT."

 

"Mordecai?"

 

"The hell?"

 

"Sonic?"

 

"Wonyoung stop it!"

 

"Not gonna. Unless you're telling me your name that is, Skeletor." Wonyoung crossed her arms with her eyes as if looking down at Yujin despite the both of them having similar heights. She knows she's acting so stubborn but does she care? No.

 

"That's even worse!"

 

"Stitch?"

 

"OKAY fine. Just hold your annoyingly persistent ." Seeing Yujin's expressions made Wonyoung laugh. It's surprisingly too funny and amusing at the same time.

 

The both of them decided to forget about the colors at that time. They didn't regret it one bit.

 

The day ended with Yujin disclosing the information Wonyoung was dying to know about. With another set of teasing using the different blue characters, a laughing mess Wonyoung and a frowning yet delighted Yujin.