Chapter 23

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jooeun opened her eyes and blinked a few times. She was a bit confused and in pain. She couldn't feel her body or move at that point. She could only move her head, so she slowly turned to the left only to see Chanyeol asleep by her bed, he was holding her hand. She smiled slightly, but even those muscles hurt, but she was so happy that he was the first person she saw. 

"C..." She wanted to call out his name, but was too dry there was no voice coming out of her. 

At that moment Chanyeol yawned and lifted his head. As he saw Jooeun looking at him his eyes widened and he quickly sat up straight. He let go of her hand and touched her face and at that moment she smiled.

"Jooeun!" He yelped and just hugged her.

It caused her to moan because of pain and he let go, making sure that he doesn't hurt her even more. He remembered that Aylin told him that once she woke up she will experience some pain that might last for a couple of days because her body has been inactive, but it was nothing to worry about. It will pass in a few days, but she will have to be careful. 

"Water..." She somehow managed to say.

Chanyeol quickly ran over to the desk and brought a bottle of water. He opened it and poured it into a glass. He then pressed the button on the side of the bed, helping her sit up a bit. Chanyeol took the glass and helped her drink, once she was done he put the glass down and called Aylin and the rest over. While waiting for them he kept looking into her eyes and he felt like he was dreaming. 

"Oh Jooeun, you have no idea how happy I am," Chanyeol said and he kissed her hand. "Welcome back, love."

There were so many things she wanted to say but it was hard to speak and it was wasting her energy if she tried. Chanyeol kissed her forehead and removed a few strands of hair from her face. All she could do was keep a smile on her face. Her heart was beating fast and she was happy to be alive. Suddenly the door opened and Chul, Choo, and Aylin walked in first. They had big, bright smiles on their faces and quickly walked over to her. 

"Jooeun!" Chul said and hugged her gently, making sure he doesn't hurt her. "Welcome back." He then said and started to check the monitors to see the vital signs. 

"Welcome back," Choo said and caressed her cheek, tears in his eyes. 

"You'll be fine sweetie, the pain will go away," Ayling said and held her other hand. "Just relax."

Jooeun felt a bit bad for not being able to say a word, but she was really happy to see them all, she was thankful to have them in their life and she was thankful that she had their support even though she put them through hell with everything. She was curious about what happened in the end and if the battle was over, but she had to fully recover for now. She remembers pretty much everything that had happened that night, but after that everything was just black. 

She had no other choice but to wait. As she watched them around her a tear went down her cheek. Not because she was sad but because it was out of happiness. Jooeun honestly thought that she would never see them and that it was her final fight. Chanyeol wiped her tears away and smiled. They all stayed for a bit more before leaving Chanyeol and Jooeun alone. 

For most of the part, Chanyeol did the talking and he made sure that the things he told her didn't stress her out, because for now, her health was most important. So to be on the safe side, he talked about the guys and what they did, how Choo, Chul, and Aylin did a lot to save her. He also shared his feelings with her and how felt the past few days.  

She looked at him and she really wished that she could do or say something, or at least hug him, but the pain didn't allow that. She felt bad for worrying him as well, but if she didn't done what she did they wouldn't be alive, but there were so many questions she had about that power. She was aware she was strong, but she had no idea she was that strong. It all just felt strange to her. 

She sighed and closed her eyes, relaxing and listening to Chayneol sing, while he held her hand. 

 

The whispers in the morning,

Of lovers sleeping tight,

Are rolling by like thunder now,

As I look into your eyes.

I hold on to your whole body,

And feel each move you make,

Your voice is warm and tender,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter