How To Pretend that the Feelings creeping in Your Heart Are Nothing.

How To Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anna worked in a Cosmetics company, a modern high rise building that looked like a chequered board from the outside. Sehun was going to take care of the lily pad’s delivery. Even though Chanyeol insisted on coming with him, Sehun decided otherwise.

Sehun wanted Chanyeol to be ready for the moment they reunite, and Chanyeol wasnt anywhere ready,  not yet. Sehun couldn’t risk having Chanyeol another break down seeing her.

Sehun felt odd about meeting her. The Anna he had only heard about and spoken to over the phone twice and who was the reason or one of the reasons that Chanyeol had ended up his life hanging in the balance. 

Even though he knew it wasn’t all Anna’s fault but he wondered if should tell Chanyeol to move on, not to try to win her back. She was already with someone else his best friend - she’d moved on. A further rejection from Anna would break him. 

As Sehun walked across the marbled floor he realised that he resented Anna, this definitely wasn’t the right timing for negative emotions and inappropriate for him to be protective about Chanyeol.

After informing the receptionist that he had a delivery for Anna, Sehun waited. He turned back to check on Chanyeol who was standing outside the building in his beanie, the long coat closed up to his chin, his face barely visible through the glass walls of the building. 

The elevator door opened and a girl stepped out in skinny jeans, boots and a black tshirt paired with a stylish leather jacket. Her hair framing her face came up to her chin, dyed in a shade of electric blue. Odd but she pulled it off perfectly. As the receptionist pointed her over to him, She walked across the lobby gracefully, Sehun wasn’t sure why but his already wobbly confidence was crashing down like skittle and a weird sense of feeling started to settle down in him.

As soon as Anna noticed the lily pad in his hands, which wasn’t difficult to see, her face broke into a bright smile.

“Oh my God!” She beamed, her eyes already shining with tears of joy. She reached out to take the pad.

“This is probably the oddest delivery you’ve ever made” She smiled, “Seriously I can’t believe he did this. I thought he’d forgotten. It was a long time ago” Anna held the lily pad in her arms. Feeling embarrassed, she said “I’m sorry for keeping you up, you don’t need to know all this, I’m sure you’ve somewhere else to deliver to. Where do I sign?”

“I am Sehun, we spoke on the phone”

“Oh...” Her forehead crinkled, then realisation flashed over her eyes. “Sehun? Is that your name? You’ve been answering his phone?”

“Yah that’s me”

“Oh” Anna looked him up and down “I didn’t think that you were young. I mean, you sound much older on the phone.’

Sehun felt all warm inside not knowing why.
There was an awkward silence.

“He really got this for me?”

“Yes he did, dived into the freezing lake and got soaking wet, blue lips and all” Sehun informed still feeling his head cold.

Anna shook her head. “He’s crazy”

“About you”

“Did Chanyeol say it? That He still loves me?”

Sehun nodded “He really does” for some reason his throat tightened, bad timing perhaps he cleared his throat and added “I don’t know why he chose lily pads instead of flowers”

Anna looked down to the lily pad and it was when she noticed the tiny lips wrapped in red foil. Chanyeol had added them on at the last minute. Sehun recalled these were the same chocolates that were scattered on the bed in the hotel suite with champagne and the proposal.

“Oh my” Anna whispered picking up a chocolate she examined the tiny lip.

“You know what they are?”

Sehun shook his head.


“He made them for me the year we first met. Red l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter