How To take Your Relationship To the Next Level

How To Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night as Sehun lay awake in the suite, all his worries started to pile up. The worry of having left Dohyeon, the money problems that followed,what people thought of him, the fear of never meeting anyone ever again and being lonely for the rest of his life. And now a man whose surname he didn’t even know, had twenty fours ago tried to take his life was lying in the next room waiting Sehun to fix his life within a time limit of two weeks or else....

Sehun felt nauseous at the prospect and got out of his bed to check on Chanyeol.The tv was muted, the colours flickered and danced around the room, his chest heaving up and down. According to the book How to beat Insomnia and sleepless:326 effective tips that Sehun had read in the past weeks - he tried to recall ways to quiet his mind and catch up on some sleep but all he could think of was to worry about the man.

Sehun flicked on the switch of the kettle.

“Do you even sleep?” Chanyeol called out.

“Sorry, am I disturbing you?”

‘No, but the steam engine in there with you is.’’

“You want some tea?” Sehun noticed that Chanyeol already had a lot to drink since three small empty bottles of whiskey sat on the coffee table.

“No thank you. You can’t watch me twenty four hours a day. Sooner or later you’re going to have to sleep” Chanyeol said gazing up at Sehun, he didn’t even look tired or drunk, just beautiful.

“I’d prefer it if I could sleep in here with you” Sehun offered.

“Sounds good but it’s a bit too soon after my break up, so if you don’t mind, I’ll pass.

 

Sipping on the camomile tea Sehun enquired “Have you tried therapy?”

“Therapy is not for me”

“Well it could be something helpful”

“I thought you are going to help me” Chanyeol looked at Sehun “Isn’t that what you said? Be with me and I’ll show you how wonderful life can be?”

Again panic rose in Sehun’s heart at that, Chanyeol was placing all this trust in him.

“And Il will do that..” Sehun swallowed, “But I cant help if you don’t open up to me. So tell me something did your girlfriend know that your were depressed?”

“Anna?” She told me that I was distracted, I had changed I never really told her what was on my mind” Chanyeol sighed “she thought it had something to do about my father and the job”

“Tell me something about this job that is worrying you?”

Chanyeol chuckled lifelessly “This feels like a therapy session. Me lying on the couch and you sitting there” then he stared up at the ceiling “My father got really sick so I had taken temporary leave from my job to help him run the company, but then i got to know that his sickness is terminal and he isn’t going to get better so I stayed for longer than I intended. Last week my boss told me that they can’t afford to extend my leave anymore”

“So you loose your father, your job, your best friend and your girlfriend - all in one week” Sehun summarised. 

“Gee, thanks for pointing it out for me”

“I only have two weeks to fix things, can’t really beat around the bush can I?” Sehun said lightly.

“No, you specifically have thirteen days to fix my life”

Sehun sat up, “So let me get this straight, you don’t want to run your fathers company, but when your father passes away do you have to keep the position?” 

“Yes that’s what the problem is because it’s a family business, My grandfather left the company to my father, next it falls to me, and so on and so on” The tension was building in Chanyeol’s voice just talking about it.

Realising that it was a touchy subject Sehun asked carefully “Have you told your father that you don’t want this job?”

Chanyeol laughed bitterly. ‘It doesn’t matter what I tell him; the job is mine whether I like it or not. My grandfather’s will states that the company is my father’s for life, then it falls to my father’s children, and if I don’t join the business, then it reverts to my uncle’s son and his family will inherit it”

“But that saves you”

Chanyeol buried his head in his hands and rubbed his eyes with frustration “It screws me even. See i appreciate you trying to help but you won’t understand the situation”

Sehun nodded, seeing how Chanyeol’s fingers were trembling he knew that it was time to talk about something else.

“What is that you do? The job that you love”

“What do you think I do?” Chanyeol looked at Sehun with a rare playful look in his eye.

Sehun studied him for a few minutes and guessed “A model?’

Chanyeol quickly sat up and looked at Sehun in shock. “Are you kidding?”

“You’re not a model?”

“Why the hell would you even think that?”

“Because...”

“Because what?”

It was the first time Sehun had seen such a confused animated expression on the others face.

“Don’t tell me no one has ever said this to you before?”

Chanyeol shook his head “No never”

“Oh. Even your girlfriend?”

“No!” He laughed quickly, and it was beautiful, a beautiful sound and Sehun was sure he wanted to hear again. “You’re pulling my leg”

“I wasn’t, honestly you happened to be the most good looking guy I have seen and I thought you are a model” Sehun explained bluntly. 

Chanyeol’s expression softened when he looked at Sehun, slightly embarrassed as if trying to figure out if Sehun was still joking. But he wasn’t. Sehun meant when he said that he was indeed handsome, but it came off wrong because it came out right. 

“So what do you do ?” Sehun asked picking imaginary fluff from the cushion. 

“Have you heard of Havana club? Well I work there as a stripper because I am so good looking and everything” 

Sehun rolled his eyes shaking his head. 

“Well am messing with you, I am a lifestyle editor in Globe illustrated magazine” 

Chanyeol studied Sehun’s face, “What? it doesn’t sound as fun as a model I guess” 

“No it’s not that, I am just a little surprised” 

Chanyeol laughed “Why? Because I write and deal with what makes life exciting yet I am barely living my own. Ironical isn’t it?” 

Sehun chewed on his lip distractedly. 

“What do you do?” This was probably the first time Chanyeol enquired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter