Closer

Heaven is a place on earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You would think that being the third-generation heir of an old inn would be full of prestige and wealth but it's not if you're Kim Chaewon. Waking up with the burden of inheriting a poorly performing inn was enough to keep Chaewon on her toes.

It's not that the KimKwon inn gives bad service or that the building looks ugly. In fact, the inn is well preserved, ever so respectful to the culture and history that was seen by the place.

It was five am in the morning, Chaewon and Chaeyeon were getting ready for the week. On Mondays, Chaewon had to arrange flowers that would be on the lobby for the week. The two had to wake up earlier than usual.

“Chaeyeon, is it true that the general manager allowed me to do this?” Chaewon took a bunch of peach colored roses from the pile.

“Do exactly what, young mistress?” Chaeyeon looked at her with a dumb expression. Chaewon cringed at the word young mistress.

“Could you please stop calling me young mistress!” Chaewon rolled her eyes. It was a known fact that she hated mornings more, especially Mondays when she had to do this but even so she would wake up early without a fail.

“Okay what do you mean, Chaewon-ah?” The younger girl's expression softened up.

“These things we do with Hitomi. Did she really?” She looked at her aide.

“Why can't you ask her yourself? She's your mother anyway.”

“I can't after blowing up like that…” Chaewon explained.

“Grandma Kim would have allowed it, I don't see why the madame wouldn't. And she said, as long as our guests stays amused then she doesn't have a problem with you hanging out with her.”

A sigh escaped from Chaewon's lips.

“I don't get her. She doesn't let me leave this place for me to learn more about the handling this inn but now she just wants me to hang out with a random youtuber…” Chaewon cut the rose's stem, embedding it into the vase's floral foam.

 

In the end, I will never get a chance to choose for myself huh?

 

Footsteps from upstairs stopped the two from their conversation.

“Who could that be?” Chayeon asked.

“It's Hitomi. She always gets up at this hour for water.” Chaewon pointed at a glass filled with water. At this point, Chaeyeon had an amused look in her face.

Hitomi saw the two in the kitchen completely surprised that Chaeyeon was there. Hitomi brightly greeted the two good morning and proceeded to the kitchen.

“Oh. Hitomi, I already had a glass prepared for you.” Chaewon called her back.

“Thank you, you're so thoughtful Chaewonie. It's fine though, I'll just use my mug instead. Like I always do.” Hitomi rejected the offer but gave the glass to the girl who was working extra early today.

“Here you should drink it. I get a feeling you've been up early today.” she placed the cup in front of the girl holding peach flowers.

“You know, there are bottled water upstairs, Hiichan. Why'd you take water from the service kitchen anyways?” Chayeon asked.

“Packaged water is bad for the environment, I'd rather refill my glass over and over again. Apart from that, Chaewon's face is the first thing I see in the morning.” Hitomi flashed the girl a wink. Chaewon clenched her jaw.

“Hahaha you're a real sweet talker, aren't you, Hiichan? Look at the young mistress getting all red from your teasing.” Chaeyeon laughed her usual laugh.

“Hitomi, why can't you give me a day when you'd stop annoying me!!!” Chaewon ranted. It was great that the gap between them somehow closed and that they were progressively getting closer.

“Only when you stop being cute.” Hitomi drank her water and ruffled the girl's hair. This act only aggravated the red haired girl.

“Stop it!! I'm working!!” Chaewon resisted and pointed the rose against the girl. The two have grown to be a little more comfortable in each other's presence.

“Oh. You didn’t have to give me one. Thank you though.” Hitomi took the rose away from her hand, leaving Chaewon with a dumbfounded expression. “Anyway, these are lovely roses, is there an occasion?” Hitomi backed off.

“We'll be welcoming guests later.” Chaeyeon replied.

“Then we're not the only ones here anymore???” Hitomi's smile was gone and Chaewon caught the slight disappointment in her tone.

“Yes. I think it's a group of three? Just like you guys.” Chaeyeon mentioned.

“Then I guess you'll be busier?” Hitomi asked.

“I'll still join you guys in filming don't worry. It's thanks to your videos that people are starting to take notice.” Chaewon answered.

“Oh! we did nothing really. It's thanks to my muse that the vlogs have been gaining attention.” Hitomi looked at Chaewon and gave her the cheekiest smile. “I'm glad that you're still on board with us!”

“Wow! The videos has only been up for 2 weeks and this is the most number of guests we've gotten for the past 3 months! Y'all are something.” Chaeyeon commented.

“You guys have the credit too. Anyway, I'm keeping you guys from working. I'll go upstairs. See you later, Angel.” Hitomi took off with her mug. “The roses look great by the way!”

The two inn girls stood silently in the room as Chaeyeon was giving her cheekiest smile.

“For a random youtuber, Hiichan probably got you hooked and you're worried about hanging out with her because you think you’re enjoying this too much. Although I can tell you aren’t going all out yet. Aren't you?” Chaeyeon smirked. Chaewon stopped what she was doing.

“I mean, I may be dumb and all but I do know when you're having reservations. Don't let the pressure get to you, Chaewon-ah. Enjoy as much as you can, while you can.” Chaeyeon gave a gentle smile on the girl.

“I wish I could.. but I don’t think I can…. Not like this..”

“Don’t dwell on it too much. If you wanna talk about it, I’m always here. Anyways, why did you and the Madame fight anyways?”

“Oh that… I told her, I don’t want to inherit the Inn anymore.” Chaewon replied. Chaeyeon now stopped what she was doing.

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

“I don’t want to run this inn anymore, Chaeyeon-ah. But the madame.. I mean, my mom, insisted and now we fought bigtime and it’s really weird that she’s okay with me not doing a lot for the inn and instead lets me hang out with Hitomi and her friends. And she isn’t talking to me.. I mean I was just being honest… I don’t know Chaeyeon-ah, I’m confused. But it’s really fun hanging out with them.. I don’t get my mom at all..”

“Honestly.. I don’t know what to say… Chaewon-ah, maybe she’s giving you a little break from all the inn work.. I’m not sure.. but I think the madame has her reasons. I mean look, we’re still doing the flower arrangements.”

“It wouldn’t have been like this if only Eunbi-unnie…” Chaewon cut her sentence. She thought that anything more that she had to say would make things a little difficult for everyone.

“Chaewon-ah.” Chaeyeon reached out for her friend.

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine. I always am.” Chaewon shook her head and the two proceeded to arrange the flowers in silence.

I may not have choices but this is better than nothing.

+++

The Japanese girls were enjoying their stay at the inn. The three were always hanging out at the lobby when they weren’t filming. Sakura was done with her editing and was currently playing her switch. Nako was reading a book while Hitomi was on her phone scrolling.

“Nako, look at this.” Hitomi placed her phone in front of the small girl.

“Yes?”

“Our video is trending number under the travel tag.”

“Aren’t our videos always trending?”

“Yeah, it’s for a different reason?” Hitomi cocked her head.

“I checked the web earlier apparently the viewers really like Chaewon. Maybe Chaeyeon too.” Sakura butted in.

“Isn’t that a good thing, Hiichan?” Nako smiled at the Mochi girl.

“I guess it’s working because one of our fans said they’ll visit this place really soon!” Sakura paused her gaming.

“Wow. Our impact.” Nako closed her book. “Well, isn’t it about time we meet the three of them? Doc Eunbi’s probably joining us.”

“Really! Ahhhh I gotta get my A game on! Where are we going, Nako?” Sakura immediately fixed her hair.

“Chaewon said it’s somewhere special. Guess I’m ready for the surprise.” Hitomi replied.

A few minutes later, Chaewon and the others arrived. It was still three in the afternoon, and somehow, Chaewon planned their activity a little later than the usual. The trio was seen carrying big backpacks each, with Chaewon’s being noticeably bigger than the other two.

“You brought a lot of stuff huh. Do you need help?” Hiichan asked.

“It’s fine. You just need to hold on to the camera and follow me.” Chaewon confidently answered.

“Looks like we’re in for a surprise.” Hitomi readied her lenses and followed Chaewon to the car.

While Hitomi and Chaewon were readying themselves, Sakura was in turmoil.

“Ugh, Can I not be the driver, I wanna sit beside Dr. Eunbi. I want to ride her. I mean, enjoy the ride with her!!!” Sakura grumbled.

“You have to drive, Sakuchan ert.” Nako reminded the girl.

“Can she at least sit at the passenger seat?” Sakura asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter