09:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" ugh, why do I feel like the Christmas break was too short? I'm just sitting right in front of our table full of foods and now I'm facing the blackboard " 

 

" stop being so dramatic "

 

Today is the first day of the second semester. Everyone's being noisy and talking to each other, catching up and telling what happened over their Christmas break. 

 

Not everyone is pleased to be back to school again, some students are being sulky over the fact that they need to listen to boring lectures again while some are very excited to see their friends and be back to school— the second type of students are very rare.

 

" lucky you " Chaewon turned around to look at Chaeyeon who's sitting behind her " you didn't get demoted despite your 'very impressive' grades " she teases.

 

The class is pretty much the same as in their first semester although there are some who transferred to another school and some got demoted to a lower section.

 

" unlucky me " Chaeyeon sighed " I have to put up with you for another semester " she strikes back.

 

" that's true, by the way, where is your best friend? " Chaewon asked, she glanced at her wristwatch " it's almost time... "

 

Chaeyeon raised her brows " ya, who are you to worry about Minju? " the girl sounded very annoyed and like a mother bird who's protecting her baby from a possible predator " my best friend is off limits and I will definitely not permit you, especially you, to hit on my best friend. You're not deserving, I'm warning you "

 

Chaewon snorted, she looked at Chaeyeon like she can't believe what the girl is blabbering about " yeah, sure, sure " she shakes her head and turned away from the 'ridiculous' Chaeyeon.

 

" ya, I'm serious, don't ever lay a hand on my best friend! " Chaeyeon appealed—

 

" who? Who? Who will lay a hand on me? " Chaeyeon was startled. Minju gently placed her bag down and sat at the vacant space beside Chaeyeon which the latter reserved for Minju.

 

" nothing " Chaeyeon shakes her head with a wide smile " by the way, why are you late? " she asks her best friend.

 

" I woke up late " Minju responded, it's very unusual for Minju to wake up late so a frown immediately showed up on Chaeyeon's face " my parents went out without waking me up and my sister so... " Minju explains and that makes a lot of sense for Chaeyeon.

 

" Oh, speaking of your sister! " Chaeyeon nearly forgot it and so she immediately grabbed her bag and started to search for something " I think I forgot it... " she murmurs as she continues to search for Minju's journal through her bag that's full of trash from last year— Chaeyeon is not the neatest person ever.

 

" what is it? " Minju curiously asked.

 

" I'll just give it to you tomorrow, you'll know by then. I don't want to say it to you now because you'll slaughter your sister later if I do " Chaeyeon gave up and placed down her bag back.

 

" I'm getting anxious about that now " Minju pouted " I have a very bad feeling about it but do you know what I feel bad about more? " Chaeyeon mouthed 'what?' " your bag, can you please... at least once a week, please clean up your bag. It's your backpack, not a trash bin "

 

" I'll do it later after school "

 

" Oh please, I've heard of that so many times. Do it, don't just say that you will " Minju shakes her head, she had already given up on transforming her best friend into a more organized person.

 

" ne eomma~ " Chaeyeon mocks Minju who just rolled her eyes.

 

Chaeyeon is trying hard to surpass the temptation of opening Minju's beloved journal. Even how much Chaeyeon wants to peek inside the journal, she prevents herself because she knew she shouldn't and Minju will probably won't be happy about the fact that she invaded her personal stuff.

 

But what added to Chaeyeon's curiosity is Minju's sister words— a present for Minju. She can't seem to decode the younger girl's statement and she's pretty sure she might understand her once she opens the journal. Is it the wishlist of Minju? Chaeyeon wonders.

 

" what do you have for lunch? " Chaeyeon whispered, trying hard not to get caught by their teacher.

 

" we're on our first period and you're asking something about lunch? " Minju looked very hopeless about her best friend " I'll be happier if you ask me about— " she pointed the given problem by their teacher.

 

" Oh please, that problem won't make me full " Chaeyeon giggled " so what? What is there for your lunch? " 

 

Minju shake her head, what did she expect from her best friend who prefers food over decent grades " my parents went off early so I would probably eat at the cafeteria "

 

" Oh right! " Chaeyeon nodded her head " then let's share, eomma packed me some lunch and it's extra special " she proudly said, even raising her brows up and down.

 

" yeah, sure, now can you please focus on the lecture? Jeez "

 

" ne~ ne~ " Chaeyeon responded but just rested her head on her table " I'll just take a quick nap for me to be able to focus " she added and yawned before closing her eyes.

 

" what should I do with you? " Minju sighed and just ignored her hardheaded friend.

 

 And for the whole period of time, Chaeyeon was asleep.

 

" we're going to the cafeteria, wanna go with us? " Chaewon asked with Yena and Yuri waiting at the door.

 

Minju glanced at Chaeyeon who's still fast asleep— naps aren't supposed to be like this and you are not supposed to do this in school " you guys go ahead, this missy right here is asleep " she pointed Chaeyeon with her lips.

 

" Alright then, we'll just bring back some snacks " Chaewon said and left with the two.

 

Minju closed her notes and rested her chin on her palm, looking at Chaeyeon's sleeping face " look at you sleeping like you did some heavy job yesterday " she murmurs as she gently removes some hair strands covering Chaeyeon's face.

 

One of the things that Minju loves about Chaeyeon is the girl's sleeping face, she hates the fact that Chaeyeon sleeps at inappropriate times but she can't say that she hates the girl's adorable face when she's asleep. 

 

Chaeyeon sleeps very peacefully like an infant, she never snores but she sometimes drool, is always slightly open when she sleeps. Minju has already memorized Chaeyeon's sleeping face and habits, not that she should but she end up doing so.

 

Minju took out her phone and snapped a couple pictures, Minju has an album dedicated to Chaeyeon's sleeping face. From elementary grade up to now that they are high school, it's quite handy for blackmailing Chaeyeon and Minju can't just delete those 'adorable' photos.

 

Minju took out a tissue " aigoo, she never fails to be gross " she complains as she wipes Chaeyeon's drool making Chaeyeon awake from her so-called 'nap'.

 

" wipe yourself " Minju said and stuck the tissue on  Chaeyeon's lips.

 

Chaeyeon yawned, stretches her arms " where are the others? " she asked when she realizes that their classmates are not around.

 

" cafeteria, having snacks " 

 

Chaeyeon's eyes widened " I slept for the whole period!? " she exclaimed in terror.

 

 

2 weeks have already passed since the second semester started, time was really passing by so fast. 

 

" ya " Chaewon giggled and shook her head when she saw Chaeyeon faced down immediately at the sight of her " you rude little— " she sat down at her seat and turned around to look at Chaeyeon.

 

Chaewon repeatedly poked the top of Chaeyeon's head until the latter gets annoyed and lift her head " ya! " Chaeyeon annoyedly beamed.

 

" where's Minju? Late again? " Chaewon asked and looked at the empty space beside Chaeyeon.

 

" I told you to stop looking for my best friend " Chaeyeon irritatedly sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter