03:

Young love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon was startled when Nako, one of her classmates, suddenly sat beside her. They are having their PE class at the gym and Chaeyeon just finished playing so she decided to sit down at the bleachers to take some rest.

 

Minju is not around since she couldn't participate in PE class today because she has just recovered from her cold few days ago. Minju was left at the room to take some rest instead of participating in the PE activities. Minju couldn't be more happy to ditch such a tiresome class.

 

" hey " Nako smiled at Chaeyeon and even waved her little hands. Nako is the smallest girl in their class or probably the smallest girl in the school but that is her charm, it makes her more adorable and cute.

 

" uhh... hey? " eyebrows twitching. , Chaeyeon hesitated greeted her back.  

 

They are not that close so Chaeyeon was really startled to have Nako approaching her first " hi! " she repeated when she realized how awkward she greeted Nako earlier.

 

Chaeyeon can see how Nako hesitates to say something so she decided to ask the girl first " what is it? " she kindly asked, sounding so friendly so Nako wouldn't be embarrassed to say what she really wants to say.

 

Nako faked a cough, composing herself before saying the reason of her sudden approach " about Minju... " she softly said but that was enough to fully catch Chaeyeon's attention, the mentioning of her best friend is enough to hear Nako out.

 

" hmm? She's at the room, what about her? Do you need something from her? " Chaeyeon asked.

 

Nako shook her head immediately " so the thing is... " she tries hard to find the right way of saying it " uhh... you and Minju... are you guys dating? " she asked, making Chaeyeon's eyes widen and exaggeratedly laugh out loud while shaking both of her hands and head. 

 

" no, we're not! " Chaeyeon exclaimed " we're just bestfriends— like we're really really really close " she explains.

 

Nako nodded her head like she's very convinced by Chaeyeon's answer " uhh... so... the thing is... I have a friend who really likes Minju, she's our hoobae. Her name is Yujin " Nako scratched the back of her head " she wants to introduce herself to Minju but she keeps on hesitating because she thought that you guys were dating and I, myself even we're classmates is not sure about your relationship so I had to ask you— " Nako chuckled.

 

Chaeyeon is so used to people who admire Minju, she's so used to people who ask her for some help in order for Minju to know them. The whole thing is cool for Chaeyeon but she really feels uncomfortable to introduce those people to Minju— for some odd reason, Chaeyeon doesn't like it, but the girl is too kind to reject the request so she always ends up doing the favor.

 

" Oh, no, we're not " Chaeyeon smiled, clearing everything for the second time.

 

" so it's fine by you if my friend would introduce herself, right? Because you guys are not together, right? " Nako confirms.

 

" yes, of course! " Chaeyeon beamed " I would really be happy to see my best friend meet someone she would want to date because after all, that girl is so stubborn about dating— I even worry why she's not interested about anyone " she giggled, but what she said was half lie. 

 

True that Chaeyeon would want for Minju to meet someone who would value and treat her right but at the same time she doesn't want for Minju to get into some sort of relationship just yet— maybe the reason is, Chaeyeon is scared to have her best friend's attention be poured to someone else and not her.

 

" sorry for mistaking your relationship with her " Nako shyly apologized.

 

" it's okay! I don't really understand why you guys even thought of us being together, it's ridiculous " Chaeyeon said " I mean... why? "  

 

" it's just you guys are always together like you guys have your own world— I don't know if you notice but people around you guys would like to be your friends but they were intimidated by the wall you guys have created for just the two of you " Nako explains.

 

" and you guys always hug each other, eat together, hold hands and some other things that a couple would do " Nako added.  

 

" Oh... really? " Chaeyeon wasn't aware of that fact but thinking of it, they sure are always together and they don't really mind other people around them because they are satisfied with each other's company.

 

Nako nodded her head " hmmm " she answered " well... thank you for answering me, my friend would really be happy to hear that you guys are just friends. Then, I'll get going now " Nako stood up and waved her hand as a goodbye.

 

" yes, bye " Chaeyeon did too.

 

Chaeyeon were left in her deep thoughts— she hasn't realized that people think that way about them, that people think that they are very hard to reach out for. It's just... I don't really need anyone aside from my best friend, I don't really mind it... she thought to herself and got reminded by the first time Minju and her met, it was in elementary—

 

" Chaeyeon-ah, do you want to play badminton with us later after class? " Chaeyeon looked at some girls who are asking her to play but she kindly shook her head and rejected them " sorry, my mom is going to pick me up right after the class " she apologetically said.

 

The kids showed their sad expressions but nodded their head as they say that they understand it " I'm really sorry " Chaeyeon said " I'll just bring you guys some candies tomorrow " that lifted everyone's mood.

 

Chaeyeon is pretty popular among her classmates because she's an athletic girl and a very energetic one, but although she's in good terms with everyone she has never really gotten very close with anyone. She thinks that the kids around her were not going to get along with her that much, being so-so friends will be enough and better.

 

" good morning class! " the teacher entered the classroom making the students sit down at their assigned seats quickly and greet back the teacher, but aside from that, the girl behind the teacher caught the class' attention.

 

" teacher, teacher! Who's that? " one kid asked.

 

" Oh, okay, today you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter