Chapter 3

The Flower Four (F4)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(at the Porridge shop)

 

"She came from Germany?" Seohyun asked.

 

"Yeah. She looks so pretty, too." Jessica told her friend.

 

Seohyun expresses relief that Jessica made a friend; she was afraid she’d wind up an outsider. But Jessica replies glumly.

 

"I am a loner." she pouted.

 

"What??"

 

"You're right that I'm a loner." she pouted. "But I'm so thankful that they don't pay attention. I'm planning on stuffing myself in the corner 'till I graduate." Seohyun turns her around.

 

But Jessica figures she’ll have to stick it out. Her father’s absurdly proud of her fancy uniform (as a dry-cleaner, he can appreciate quality), while her mother pushes her to work on her looks so she can snag a rich boy.

 

"Yah, where did our Jessica go? The girl who taught the SGA students a lesson when they bothered me in kindergarten. That was the strong Jessing Jung I know." Seohyun said.

 

"Then what should I do?"

 

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

      Jessica brushes her teeth as she looks at herself in front of the bathroom mirror.

 

"Strong girl Jessica Jung didn't die yet. F4! You're all dead starting tomorrow." she glared.

 

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Shinhwa High)

 

     Jessica's patience is tried the next day, when F4 struts in looking cool, as usual, and a shy student presents Taeyeon with a homemade cake.

 

"Taeyeon sunbae, I baked this myself to give this to you. Please accept my heart." the girl said as she presents the Heart cake to him. 

 

Taeyeon stares at her in his blank, haughty way, and takes the cake, as though accepting. Until he then smashes the cake into her face. 

 

"Our Taeyeon doesn't eat anything unless it's baked by a personal patissier." Hyuna said while smirking and other two, laughs. Taeyeon gets the handkerchief that Hyuna has in her uniform and wiped it on his finger. Bora and Hyorin snatched the handkerchief to Hyuna once Taeyeon drops it on the floor.

 

Taeyeon walks off, only to find Jessica in his path, trying to do her best to tamp down her fury. She unleashes a diatribe :

 

“You! Don’t you even have the barest human courtesy!? I don’t bother hoping you’d have any humility for your riches. But if you didn’t want to eat it, you could have politely refused! Or, couldn’t you think of the feelings of the person who made the cake and accepted!?”

 

Unfortunately, Jessica's tirade is only in her head. When it comes time to say it, she backs down.

 

"What about you? Do you have something to say?" Taeyeon asks her.

 

"Never mind." Jessica said.

 

She got out of the way and the group starts to walks off again. As Yuri passes, though, he gives her a smile, as if knowing what’s running through her mind.

 

                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     The next encounter isn’t so easily dismissed. Ailee and Jessica eat ice cream cones and chat cheerfully, when Ailee slips and falls at Taeyeon’s feet, getting ice cream all over his shoe.

 

"I apologize, Taeyeon sunbae." Ailee bows immediately scared and apologetic.

 

"You're sorry?" he asked. "If eveything works out by saying sorry,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter