Hurt

Finders-Keepers

 "I can't believe you dumped nail-polish on him!!!"   I said in between gasps from laughing. 

"Kala! It's not funny!! Poor Taemin looked like Barney the purple dinosaur threw up on him! And then he looked even less flattering after the bath."   Ana huffed while biting into her candy bar. She and Kala were walking outside from their last class, both happy that it was Friday.

"Oh come on, you have to admit that it was funny. As long as it's all off of him, no harm-well no REAL harm done."  I patted her shoulder as we met up with Lizzy and Tanya.

"Hey Losers."  I say to them with a smile. Lizzy gives me the finger while Tanya just laughs. 

"So! Who is coming over tonight for the RWBY marathon?"  

"I'm in!"

"Totally!"

I cringed a little. I had completely forgotten that tonight was the night we were all going to head over to Tanya's to binge watch some shows.  I looked down at my hands and started to stutter a little.

Lizzy sensing my inner turmoil just smiled and poked my stomach.

"Oh yeah, miss "I'm too good to hang out with my loser friends" has a date tonight."  

The girls look at me and I just smile back sheepishly. 

"Aw it's okay Kala. Just make sure you have a fun night okay? Text at least one of us when you get the chance."

"So that means, make sure you take bathroom breaks so that you can text us."  Lizzy cut in.

I laugh and nod. "Alright. I promise. Speaking of which I better go home to get ready and make sure Leo will be set for dinner and stuff." 

"Alright! Have fun! Don't forget, text us and let the force be with you!"

"You're on hell of a butler!"

"Live long and prosper!!" 

I laughed at my friend's words of farewell, and ran to catch the bus for home. 

When I finally made it through the door to my room after a painfully loud and annoying bus ride Thank you, you little pains in the !  I was greeted by the soft snores of Leo who was lying on his back with his belly out, on his pillow. 

"Aww haha, looks like someone hasn't been doing too much today."  I say quietly as I set down my bag and check his box. 

I smiled to see that he finally was used to using the litter box. He hated it when I finally was able to buy one. I remember I had to keep arguing that it was better for him to use instead of newspapers. After a while (When he had to go pee) he finally used it begrudgingly. 

Then I had to get used to changing his box-every day.

When I was done cleaning and pouring more litter in, I saw that I was being watched by two bright brown eyes. 

"Hey Leo! How was your cat nap?" I scratched under his chin. Leo leaned his head on my hand and gave me a lazy smile.


I'm glad you're back. You have no idea the kind of music she was playing again. Please tell that woman to get some new music please!    

I shook my head a little and when I was done getting affection, I walked along the bed with Kala, watching as she opened her closet door and sighed.

I looked in my nearly bare, sad closet and looked for the one good blouse I had. 

While I looked I hummed the song "Beautiful Liar"  and sang the parts I knew. 

I smiled when I heard Kala's humming. It made me happy to know how much she really loves LR, "Beautiful Liar" and "My Light" are her favorite songs of the album. 

If only I could write some songs now, I could write about five. Just describing her.  I smiled a little to myself while thinking of some lyrics.

My heart, my mind, my soul.  Have never known so much happiness before you, before this change......  I love it when you smile, smile at me. I hate it when you frown. I would run a mile to see you smile.... 

I remembered some other lyrics I had thought of a few weeks ago, adding them in.  Now if only I could write it all down. 


"I'm a beautiful liar, nae majimak geojitmal (my last lie)....."  I pulled out the light blue blouse and smiled, happy to see that it wasn't covered in wrinkles.  

"I'll be right back Leo, I have to get changed."  I pat his head and walk to my bathroom.

Changed? Changed for what? She looks fine. Maybe she got a stain on her clothing. But why would she need to change into that-oh no.  

My heart sunk just as I remembered the dreadful news.  She was going on a date. 

I straightened the top over my shoulders and sighed with content. Not half bad.  I grabbed my favorite bunny-stick lip gloss, adding a light pink color to my lips. 

I checked my hair clip again and walked back into my room. 

I saw Leo watching me with wide eyes from the bed. Laughing a little a did a slight cat-walk over to where he was and then twirled around.

"So? What do you think? Do you think he will like it? Does the blouse go well with the jeans? Should I wear flats with it?"   I asked him, half expecting him to respond.

Wow..... You look amazing. I've never seen your eyes shine so bright.  

I looked her up and down, and if I could I swear I would have been blushing. 

She looked gorgeous. Her hair was being held back on the side by a blue flower clip, the rest of her hair framing her face. 

The blouse complimented her figure to say the least, it gave her more curves, but still left a lot to the imagination, to my relief. 

I saw her sigh and show me a small smile before sitting down next to me and running her hand over my head softly.

"This would be one of those times when I wished you could talk. I need to know what you think."  I pick him and hold him up to eye level. 

"Do you like it? Does it work?"  I ask the leopard once more as he just stares back at me with his intense eyes.

Yes! I like it! I almost...love it.  I boop my nose against hers, making her giggle.

"Ahh Leo your nose is cold and wet!!" I giggle more and place him down, and wipe the tip of my nose. 

"Thank you for your opinion."  I bend down and kiss his head.

Anytime. So when is this "Jake" guy coming to pick you up?   I settled down on my pillow and crossed my paws.

"He should be here in about 15 minutes. Oh! I need to get your dinner ready for later. I don't know exactly what time I will be back so I want to make sure you get dinner on time."  I move to where I kept his food and rationed out his dinner into his bowl. 

"Leo you can eat this whenever you are hungry okay? Just make sure to eat."  I grab his water dish and put fresh water into it. 

You don't know when you will be back? Kala, I don't like the idea of that. How am I supposed to sleep, not knowing when you come home?  

I  jumped off the bed and onto her dresser that was next to where she kept my food. I stared at her, trying to get her to understand my disapproval. 

I turned around to see Leo staring at me with a worried look in his eyes. 

"What? Geeze Leo you look like my mother. I promise I will be okay. I have my cell phone and I promised the girls that I will text them on the date. So don't worry, nothing is going to happen to me."  


But..... alright fine. Please don't forget to message Lizzy or Tanya or Ana. 

Kala started to walk past me, so I moved with her and reached out for her with my paw.

I was going to look out the window when I saw Leo reach out his paw. 

"What?"  I stopped and looked at him. 

You know what.  I thought, feeling my face warm up.

"Oh I see. Alright come here." I smile and pick him up and cradle him in my arms. 

He snuggles closer and nuzzles my neck, making me squeal as he gets comfortable. 

I don't know how or when we picked up this habit. I think it was late one night, and it was storming. I had gotten up out of bed because I heard a crash. When I walked over to investigate I saw that it was Leo, who was shaking. 

     "Leo? Buddy what's wrong??"  I rushed over to the shaking feline and picked him up. As soon as he was close enough, he moved his head to the nape of my neck and hid his face in my hair. 

      "Leo?"  I asked softly.  A loud crack of thunder hit only a few milmeters away from the house, causing Leo to shake more.

        Is Leo...afriad of thunder?  I mentally asked myself before my answer came with him shaking even more after the next clap of thunder. 

    I shushed him quietly and kept repeating that he was alright, and that we were fine. I carried him back to my bed and laid down, pulling the blanket over him. 

     "Hey...Leo... It's alright. Shush... There's no need to be scared......"  I whispered to him until the storm was finally over, an hour later. 

Ever since then, whenever he wants to be close he just reaches out his paw, and I pick him up. What's odd is that he only does it when he feels there is a storm coming, or when he isn't feeling to well.

 As soon as she picks me up I move to her neck and get comfortable.  

I don't know why, but there is just something about her. Her scent, her warmth, her voice, the feeling of being close to her. It all makes me feel better, like she is a cure for whatever is bothering me. 

I hear a car honk outside and the calm feeling that I had gotten while in her arms died out quickly.

And right now, he is what is bothering me.

"Oh! Leo he's here! I have to go!"  I raced over to the bed and detached the leopard from my blouse, placing him on the bed.

Kala, please don't go. Just stay here. I don't have a good feeling about this!

"Well I'm out! I changed your litter box, you have food and water so don't forget to eat!"  I took a deep breathe and smiled at him.

"Wish me luck Leo."  I bent down to kiss his head goodbye, when I heard Jake honk the horn again. 

Giving him an apologetic look, I ran downstairs and outside to meet Jake.

I didn't even get a kiss goodbye. This guy is definitely a problem. 

I mumbled grumpily to myself before laying down and trying to sleep away the worries that plagued my mind. 

 

"Hi."  I said sheepishly to Jake when I got into his car. 

"Hey! Wow you look great! So I was thinking about catching the new movie, you know the spy one? -You know, if you're okay with that."   

His tone faltered a little, hoping that she wouldn't mind the movie.

"Oh! No that's fine!"  I smiled at him reassuringly.  So what if I'm seeing it for the second time? It's a good movie!  I told myself. 

The two of them began to talk about their school work, colleges, teachers and just teen stuff in general. 

When they made it on to the high way, Jake began to speed up.  "I got a need for speed baby!"  He laughed wildly as Kala just held onto the door handle tighter. 

This is going to be a long night....

 


SWITCHING POV TO SOOMAN'S

 

SooMan sat at his desk, over looking the bright skyline of Seoul. 

  "Sir? Someone is here to see you."  The young assistant named HyunWoo spoke with what little confidence he had.

"Send her in."  Was all he got in reply.

SooMan heard the door shut and a moment later open again. The faint footsteps told him immediately who it was. 

"Yoona what are you doing here? You should be at home."  He tells his wife without an ounce of care.

  "I-I...I can't stand being in that house any longer SooMan. Too....too many ghosts. It's bad when you are there with me, but it's even worse when I'm alone. I don't want to stay in there."  She spoke softly to her husband, not wanting to set him off.

"Then I'll give you some money so that you can stay in a hotel."  Without turning around he pulls out his wallet when he hears her sob.

   "Three years!!!! It's been three years and you still have not even spoken about it!! You barely will look at me! Your own wife!!! I'm sick of living in that house because it reminds me of what I once had!!"  She screamed.

  "Yoona! Stop! You are tired! Stop talking!"  He threatened.

"No!! You're scared! You're scared to think about it, to remember what we had!! Well I'm not!!-"

 "YOONA!"

"SOOMAN WE HAD A DAUGHTER!!!! A daughter for christ's sake!! We had a loving family!! We had a wonderful life!!!" 

"ENOUGH!"  He turned around and slammed his hand on the desk, silencing her. 

"I've heard enough."  He tells her. 

"No SooMan... That's just it. You haven't. You haven't heard enough, you haven't spoke enough. You haven't done anything but work enough."  Her voice was softer. 

Cautiously Yoona walked over to her husband and placed her hand on his, letting him see the glimmer of the wedding band.

"SooMan...You haven't dealt with her death. It's been three years and all you've done is lock yourself away up in this office and work. You barely come home, leaving me in that house. Hell the neighbor even asked me if I was a widow now because of how scarcely he sees you."   

SooMan cringed at her words. He knew they were true, but he didn't want to deal with the death of his only child. How could he? He was the one who caused it. 

If only he hadn't pushed her so hard to keep trying, if only he had just gone up to her room to comfort her when she was rejected. She would still be here with them....

"Please...just come home.... We can move, we can still have a good life. But instead of pretending that it never happened, instead of pretending that....that our daughter didn't kill herself.  We will honor her, we will cherish the memories we have of her."  Yoona tried to smile through her tears. More then anything, she wanted to get through to her husband who seemed like a ghost himself.

"I don't know if I can Yoona.... We lost our little girl....Because of those monsters!!"  His soft voice became rough as he thought of the companies. 

"We have too though love, for her sake."  

 SooMan saw that HyunWoo was at the door looking at him nervously. It was time to go.

"Yoona, We will talk about this later okay? I have to leave for a few days on business."  He moved his hand from under his wife's and walked over to the coat hanger. Yoona following close behind.

"Business?! What are you talking about? Where are you going?"  She pestered him.

"I have to go out of the country to make some business check ups."  He walked to the door.

"Out of the country? Where?! When will you be back?!"  They walked out to the elevator where SooMan got on with his men and hit the down button.

"To America. Get some rest Yoona."   

With that Yoona was left to cry to a metal set of doors as her husband disappeared for what she thought was standard business. Not knowing that it was far from.

 

SWITCHING BACK TO KALA'S AND LEO'S POV

 

I rolled over for the tenth time on the bed. I had moved from my pillow, to Kala's pillow (which was good for a while since it smelt like her), and now I was sprawled out on the bed, looking at the clock on the wall. 

Where is she? It's already nine o'clock! She should be home by now! She left at three!

As if answering my pleas for her return, I heard her light steps coming up the stairs. 

I sat up and eagerly waited to see her smiling face. 

When she opened the door my heart started to beat rapidly and I felt immense sadness and anger.

Why is she crying?!!

By the time I made it to my house, my strong walls of defense were crumbling. When I made sure that Jake had left, I let the wall fall completely and I started to cry. 

Wordlessly I passed by my parents, covering my face so that I didn't have to explain why I was crying. 

I slowly walked to my room and when I opened the door I was greeted by a perky looking leopard. Which only made me cry harder. 

I collapsed onto the bed, laying on my back.  The tears flowed with ease, and sobs rippled through my chest. 

Kala?!?! What's wrong? What happened?! 

I jumped over to her and started to poke her with my paw to try and get her to respond. Nothing, just her loud, heart wrenching sobs. 

What ever he did to her, I will kill him. I don't care if I'm not in my human form, I will maul him to death! I've seen it on the nature channel, it's possible!

My anger subsided when her hand pulled me closer to her. She needs me, so killing him will have to wait.

I snuggled closer to her, and moved so that I was laying on her stomach. I started to purr, hoping that it would calm her down like it does when she has nightmares.

Sure enough after a few minutes her breathing turned normal and she began to pet me. 

"Leo he.....he took me out as a joke. He didn't mean it.....He was dared...."  I could feel the tears threatening to dribble over so I took a few deep breathes and focused on Leo's purring. 

When I was calm again I continued. 

"When we got out of the movie, he took me to dinner, which was fine. Except for him driving really fast. He almost hit another car, scaring me half to death. Anyways, when we got to the restaurant I saw that his friends were there and....I started to get a bad feeling about it."

"Later after we had eaten, which he spent the whole time talking about himself, his car or making faces at his friends. They came over and I saw one hand him a fifty dollar bill."  I sniffled a little and wiped my eyes.

"Then they started saying how they didn't think he would do it, and they all laughed. I laughed too until I realized...they were laughing at me...... God I'm so stupid!"  A tear slid down my cheek and I wiped it away becoming angry that I was so hurt by it.

"Then he....he explained the whole thing to me....I was just a way to get fifty dollars...."  

Kala.....I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that....... I would have never done something like that..... I'm so sorry jagiya, I really am. 

I moved closer so that I was resting my head on her shoulder, still purring softly.

"He used me Leo.....God I must be a complete !"  I sighed and face-palmed.

Shush. You're not a . You had every right to think it was an actual date and not some guy being a . I promise nae sarang (my love)

"Guys . No offense Leo."  I say with a huff as Leo nuzzles his head, in a nodding motion.

I know... I'm sorry. I would have treated you like a queen if it were me..... If only it were me.....

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~A/N~  

Hi guys! Hope you guys like this update! I figured this would be a little cute side story, and that way you guys could read about how protective Leo can get!  So question time, What do you guys think will happen when SooMan gets to America? What could that man be up too? Hmmm.... XD Sorry if the pov's were a little confusing.  Oh and thank you for all my subscribers!! I'm three away from 20!!! Which makes me so happy!! Thank you thank you thank you!! Next chapter you guys get to meet some new characters! Any guesses as to who? 

    See you guys next time!  (hopefully I can update soon since I am having a long weekend.)

       Later! 

-Lian