The Night of the Outbreak

Outbreak- The Journey To Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! So sorry for the delay! I had actually forgotten to update this story...thanks to one of my lovely commenters (cookie for you hihi) I was reminded. Small update, but expect more soon! Maybe, even tonight lol!

The Night of the Outbreak

 

 

After driving for what seemed like hours, Seoyoon finally found a place to stay in. It was a blessing in disguise when she lost control of the wheel a while ago. Seoyoon had been too tired to focus on the road and she accidentally stumbled onto a house when she drove off the main road and ended up somewhere in the woods. The house was well hidden from sight. It was the perfect place to spend the night in.

Akira was the most reluctant to leave the car…however, seeing how the older two entered the house he had no choice. They had unloaded the car and settled in pretty quickly- seeing how tired the three were.

There was a silent agreement about only using the living room of the house. Since the place was big, it was impossible to secure every window and door from threats. Staying in the living room seemed to be a good plan since they would all be in a small place together.

 

Seoyoon sighed while stretching her arms. It was night and the moon was sending small rays of light into the house. They were too scared to use lamps so they were relying on natural lighting.

It was Seoyoon's turn to keep watch. They would switch every hour and a half. Haruma had suggested three hours but Seoyoon was scared that it would be too long. They couldn’t permit lack of alertness because the watching hours were unbearable.

Seoyoon eyed the weapons they had put in the corner of the room. Haruma had found a baseball bat in the hall way when they were checking the house; he had been pretty excited about it since he loved to play baseball.

Akira had lost the hammer but he had replaced it with an axe, luckily. That left Seoyoon with a stick. She had attached a knife to it with duct tape- orders of her brother. Seoyoon didn’t know if she would be able to fight anything with it though…she could only jab at whatever she was supposed to jab, from a small distance.

 

Seoyoon flinched when she felt a droplet of water fall on her hand.

‘’…At least we were able to take a shower…’’

Seoyoon blew air out of . Her hair smelt nice and she felt refreshed after the shower. She had been sweating so much from running around and trying to protect herself that it had made her feel uncomfortable.

 

‘’…Noona…?’’

Seoyoon lifted her eyebrows up. Akira’s soft voice sounded so innocent.

‘’Hmm..?’’

‘’…I can’t sleep…’’

Seoyoon chuckled. ‘’Why not…? We’re safe here, sweetheart.’’

‘’I know but…I keep seeing her.’’

Suddenly Seoyoon's eyes widened. Who was he seeing?

‘’W-Who-‘’

‘’Misaka.’’

Seoyoon felt a disturbing jolt rise from her spine. Was he seeing Misaka? Misaka was dead …was Akira playing around? Or was he sleep-talking?

‘’I keep seeing her when I close my eyes, noona.’’

Seoyoon immediately let out a sigh. She took a deep breath. It wasn’t as bad as she thought. Of course the trauma was bad- but it wasn’t worse than having an enemy stand in the dark next to them.

‘’Do you want to sleep next to me, Akira? I’ll play with your hair.’’

Akira snorted. ‘’What? No! I’m not a child anymore…’’

Seoyoon chuckled. ‘’I know. Come here though.’’ Seoyoon sat up straight while extending her arm. She motioned him to come closer. Akira grunted while picking his pillow and blanket up. He carefully settled down next to Seoyoon. She gave him a sincere smile while pushing his fringe back.

She could see the content expression Akira was wearing. He surely liked it.

Playing the big boy, huh?

 

The brun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter