Of wallflowers and mis-matched eyes

Wallflowers

Summer passed, and the time to return to Korea grew closer. Not wanting to part, Jaejoong had suggested (more or less decided, but Yunho fully agreed) that Yunho should stay in Jaejoong's apartment while they searched for a nice farm to buy.


Jaejoong was absent-mindedly watching some old episode of Scrubs while cleaning his camera when Yunho came home, excited like a child at Christmas.

- Wow, what got you all hot and bothered? Jaejoong smiled after returning the quick kiss Yunho gave him as he flopped himself onto the sofa next to his boyfriend.

- I found it! Our farm! Yunho smiled triumphantly, while waving a piece of paper in the air.

- Really?! Lemme see!

The images from the real estate agent showed a beautiful fusion hanok, with traditional exterior and some modern interiors, as well as a fairly large area of farm land, currently not in use apart from a small vegetable patch, due to the owners being too old to work that hard.

- What do you think? Yunho asked, almost hopeful.

- It's gorgeous, Jaejoong smiled, and it really was. - We might have to hire someone to help us, but it's perfect.

- Great. The real estate agent told us that we could go out there as soon as tomorrow, if we wanted to have a look at it before buying. What do you say? Should I go call her?

Jaejoong nodded.

When Yunho hung up, telling Jaejoong that they would met the lady at the Gyeonggi farm at noon, they could do nothing but smile.

- Are we really doing this? Jaejoong asked happily, the reality of it all starting to sink in.

- So it would seem, Yunho said, pulling the shorter man in for a hug.

eiffeltowerkeychain.jpg

Exactly one week later, they had signed the deeds, transferred the money to the real estate company, and bought a tonne of instruction books about fruits and orchards.

When they arrived at their new home, the day before the moving truck would come, they brought nothing but paints and some light food, since Jaejoong wanted to paint their living room wall according to his own design. He'd got some ideas from an interior decorating magazine, which was why the two men were now covered in splashes of red, pink, and cream white, trying to get the flowers just right.

They didn't finish until two in the morning. Instead of going straight to bed, they went into the kitchen for a late night snack.

When they were done, Jaejoong made a move to remove their dishes, but got stopped by Yunho, who pulled him close.

- Thank you.

- For what?

- For doing this with me.

- Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

They remained in their hug for a long time, after which Yunho slowly began swaying them from side to side. The swaying turned into slow dancing, and before long, Yunho was expertly butchering a ballad in English, messing up half the lyrics and forgetting the other half, eventually resorting to just softly humming the melody instead. It was the most beautiful thing Jaejoong had ever heard, and by the end, he almost had tears in his eyes. He was just so, so, incredibly happy.

eiffeltowerkeychain.jpg

Once they were fully settled, they started exploring the sleepy little town that was their new home.

While enjoying some chicken at a small restaurant, they ended up talking with one of the locals. He was a couple of years younger than them, with a cute, big smile that made his eyes look all mis-matched. He introduced himself as "Changmin, 18 and fresh out of high school".

- So, you new here? Changmin asked through a near superhuman mouthful of ramen.

- Yeah, we just bought the farm up on the hill, Yunho said. Jaejoong was too amazed by the teen's eating skills to even construct an answer.

- What're you gonna do with it now?

- We're thinking of turning it into an peach orchard, Yunho smiled, unable to hide his pride. - We're looking for a good place to buy trees at the moment.

- You should speak to Heechul-hyung, Changmin said. - He owns a nursery not far from here, it's called Petals.

Changmin scribbled down the directions on a napkin, and, following an angry phone call from his mother, he shuffled to his feet to hurry home, having "forgotten" to do his chores this morning.

- Hey, he called out before leaving. - If you need people to help you, call me first, okay? My number's on the napkin.

With a smile and a finger-phone wave, he hurried off.


A/N

Finally an update!

So, they met Changmin in this chap and Yoosu will come in the next chap. I used their ages (and looks) as they were in Bonjour Paris, in cased you haven't noticed already lol.

For the picture of the room, just focus on the floral painting. The rest of the room is too dark for my liking.

As for the slow dance in the kitchen, this is the scene that caused this entire fic to come into existence.

Please comment and tell me what you think <3<3<3