{//D-11; 20.08.2016}

{Between Past and Present}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-26; 05.08.2016

 

1452

 

I got up and started walking away. Maybe walking will clear my mind somehow. I was walking aimlessly around the lake. There were lots of couples walking past me. They were smiling and having a good time. I could hep but to smile bitterly while looking at them.

 

 

 

Why can't life ever be simple for me? I mean I'm not asking for much, just emotional stability maybe.

 

 

 

I probably looked like this loner creep staring at all the couples with jealousy in my eyes. Hah, whatever. Their happiness is none of my business.

 

 

There was a guy who even helped his girlfriend wear her helmet to ride his bike.OH , THE HELMET!

 

 

 

I ran back to the bench and saw Sung Hwa oppa holding the helmet. Oh no, he's so going to kill me. Our eyes met and I braced myself for the terror to come. With every step he took towards me, I was struggling to come up with excuses. I mean motorbike helmets aren't cheap. And who knows? This might have been one of his favourite helmets.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry!" I looked all around, afraid to make eye contace.

 

"Babo." He flicked my forehead.

 

 

 

We said at the same time. I peeked slightly at him. Oh dang, how angry is he?

 

 

 

 

 

He pulled me into a hug, "I thought you had disappeared on me again. Did you know how much that scared me?!"

 

 

 

My body froze in that moment and my mind went blank. What? So he's not angry?

 

 

 

He pulled apart from the hug and started giving me a lecture. Yup, that's the Weirdo I know.

 

 

 

1507

 

 

 

Weirdo dragged me to a nearby restaurant. He claimed that they had the "bestest" dubu jiggae since I was craving for it.

 

 

It was a small cosy restaurant. The walls were decorated with various photo frames of quotes.

Each table had a small stalk of baby's breath in a stained glass bottle.

 

A kind looking ajuhmma came out of the kitchen and from the looks of their interaction, weirdo seems to be a regular here.

 

 

 

 

"Is this your girlfriend? It's the first time that you brought a girl here. You've always come alone." The ahjumma said as she stared at me with a wide smile.

 

 

 

Before I could say anything, Weirdo took my hand and stared into my eyes while saying, "Yes she is, isn't she pretty?"

 

 

 

Suddenly it felt like I was in a sauna and I felt tingly and all.

 

 

 

"Well finally. I know it's too early to drink but I'll give you a bottle of Soju, on the house!" She chirped as she walked away clapping.

 

Weirdo let go of my hand and cleared his throat, "Ahjumma is very motherly and I knew if I said that, we'd get some sort of service. Sorry if you were caught off guard."

 

 

 

I let out a soft scoff. I didn't understand why I was speechless in the first place. Pfffft.

 

 

 

1534

 

 

 

Throughout the meal, Weirdo kept talking. There was never a moment of silence. I guess that's his way of distracting me.

 

 

 

"And then Professor Im just stared-"

 

"Thank you Sung Hwa oppa." I interrupted him.

 

 

 

He was taken aback. My appreciation was random and out of nowhere, so I guess that was a given.

 

 

 

"Thank you for being here. You've always known what to do whenever I felt like absolute crap, and I don't even know how you do it. Thank you for treating me as a person. In this cruel world, I feel like it's easy to be selfish and get what you want. But you've always been considerate. You have never forced an answer out of me regarding whatever ed up I have. And I can never thank you enough for saying the right words whenever I have my meltdowns."

 

 

 

It kinda felt good saying all those to him. It kinda felt good to actually be upfront and honest with someone.

 

 

 

"Okay you can stop staring at me, you'll burn a hole through my face Sung Hwa oppa. You should finish up your food." I said, trying to move on from the topic before I regretted my decision.

 

D-11; 20.08.2016

 

The vibration of my phone from incoming messages woke me up. I groggily forced my eyes open and squinted at the clock.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter