✎Lesson 18: Making Sweet Music

✎♥The Dating Subject♥✎

MIKA'S POV
I looked up to see Maki walking towards me, looking bothered. Somebody greeted her and she looked surprised, I guess it's because people were talking to her again seeing as she's not really with Onew.

Jerks.

She smiled weakly at the girl and went to our table.
"Are you okay?" I asked, biting into my muffin.
She nodded, still looking confused.
I raised an eyebrow. "I got you spaghetti. You like that right?" I pushed her tray towards her.

"Thanks." She took it but she just stared at her food.

She's acting all bizarre again.
"Hey," I stared at her as I chewed.
"The rumor officially died down today. No one is totally talking about it anymore."

She looked at me, no reaction or whatsover etched in her face. "Really?"

I nodded. Word probably got around about their presentation and everyone came to the conclusion that they're really not a couple.
I thought she'd be happy but she seems to be in another world yet again.
Seriously.
I wanted to ask her what was wrong but I can't stop thinking about my own problem.
"Listen," I tried to get her attention because she was zoning out again.
"Are you going to be okay by yourself?"

"Did I make him lose his smile?" She suddenly asked me.

"What?" I stared at her.

"I did, didn't I?" She looked sad.

"Uhm..." I didn't know what to say.

"It was my fault." She looked depressed.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll...leave first. Sorry, Mika." She stood up.

"But you didn't eat at all!"

"I'm not hungry. You eat it. You always take my food anyway." She smiled at me hurriedly and walked out.

Okay...well that was weird. When did I take her food? I cannot remember one instance that I did that.
She's totally not herself.
I put our trays away and went over to our field.

It's such a beautiful day. I should be able to get inspiration, right?

I sat on the bleachers. No one was there except for a few who were sleeping while enjoying the sun.

I sat next to someone who was sleeping with a book on his face.
I stared at my music sheet and took a deep breath.
This is my own composition and tone so I'd better give my all.
"neo ye jeonhwal kkeulhgo do, neoman saenggakhae~" I started to sing. I sang the parts, looking for ways to improve my song. It has to be perfect.
No way will he reject me again.

I really need to get into the glee club.

"haru jongil bappeun de, do neoman saenggak na~"

"Hey, what song is that?"
The guy beside me suddenly sprang from his position, his book flying off his face.

I almost fell off my seat.
"W-what?"

"I don't think I've heard that song before."
It was Jonghyun.

"Uhm...it was.."

"Oh, wait, let me guess." He his lips.
I almost had a heart attack.
"Was it sang by...Davichi?"

"Uhm..." Darn it! Why can't I speak up properly?

"Oh, wait. No. It sounds more like a song by After School!" He looked at me. "Is it?"

I looked at him. No way am I going to sing with him just beside me.
"N-no. I have to go." I picked up my bag, ready to run.

"Hey, wait." He grabbed my arm and stared at me.
"Stay. With me."

"N-no." Damn stutters!
He looked surprised. I guess no girl ever passed up a chance to sit next to him. But I was just too nervous and embarrassed around him.

"Why not?"

"I really have to go." But my feet remained planted on the bleachers.

"But...Can't I hear the rest of the song?" He leaned on the bleachers, his arms resting on the seats. He left 3 buttons of his top open.
I stared at his chest feeling strangely tempted.

How the hell am I going to say no?!

Be strong, Mika! Remember the auditions?
"Can you button up your uniform?" I asked distractedly.

He looked down on his top.
"Is something wrong with it?" He looked puzzled.

Yes. It's making me think about strange things which a highschooler shouldn't think about! ><
"Uhm..yes." I answered feebly.

"What?"

"Err..You're not wearing our uniform properly..and that's...against..the..school rules." I finished lamely.

He smiled, his hands starting to button down the fourth one.
"And? Are you gonna tell on me then?"

I should. I really should.
"Maybe." I shrugged and started to walk away, shaking.

"Hey, wait!" He grabbed my arm, I saw that this time, he only left the top button of his uniform open. How disappointing.
"I really want to hear your song."

"It's not very good. Plus, lunch is almost over. We have to go inside now." It was 10 minutes before the bell rings again.

"So?" He flipped his bangs to the side.
"Let's cut." He winked at me.

Why are bad boys always so hot anyway!?

"But...that's....against the school rules." Great, now I sound just like my bestfriend.
I have never cared about school rules before. I don't even know our school rules!
And why the hell do I keep on making that excuse?!

"Don't worry. I got you." He smirked again and patted the seat next to him.
"Won't you stay? I'm really lonely." He pouted.
Even his pout looks y.

Darn.

"It's a safe song." I said, beginning to go weak. My last attempt to ditch him sounds pathetic.

"Then let's make it..." He looked at me. "What's the opposite of safe?"

"Uh...daring?"

He shook his head. "No...More like..." He flashed me a smile.
"Let's make it dangerous. And no one is as good as me when it comes to making things...dangerous." His smile makes me feel like I'm going to faint anytime soon.

I gulped.
"How are we going to do that?"

He winked at me again and stood up, leaning
close. "If you stay, I'll show you."

--

I stayed. Well I'm sorry for being so weak, okay?! But I'm sure any girl would have stayed if they were in my position.

"So..." He looked at my music sheet.
"The lyrics is pretty decent."

"Really?" I brightened.

"Hmm..So you wrote it, huh?" He smirked.

"Maybe." I looked away.

"No need to be embarrassed." He chuckled.
I frowned.
"So...how did you sing that part again?"
"neo ye jeonhwal kkeulhgo do, neoman saenggakhae~" He sang the part I sang a while ago perfectly.
My mouth hang open. How did he get it so easily?

"Did I do it right?" He looked at the music sheet.
"Hm...I think you should raise the note in this part a little bit though." He grabbed his bag, looking for a pen.

"Uhm..." I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"What? What's wrong?" He looked at me.

"Jonghyun..." I swallowed. "Don't you recognize me?" I asked hesitantly.

"Recognize?" His eyes widened.
"Err...you're not one of those girls I promised a date to, right? 'Cause I'm broke right now and--"

"No." I shook my head. He promises girls dates?
How come he never promised me one?

"Oh. Then...Hmm...You're not a member of the glee club.." He stared at me, trying to figure it out.
"Are you the cousin or sister of one of those girls I met in --"

"No!" I made a face. Man! Does he really spend all his time meeting girls?!

"Then what?" He looked confused.

Fine. I'll remind him.
I sang the song I auditioned for the glee club again.
"Nan dasin sarang ddawin hajianheul geora~"

His eyes widened.
"Hey! HEY! You're that safe girl!"

Safe girl?

I raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I am." I said coolly. "Do you remember now?"

He shook his head. "Do I ever. IU really scolded me for being harsh. Although I didn't think I was that harsh. I mean, it was a safe song." He shrugged.

"That's all my voice range can do." I narrowed my eyes.

"Well..." He sighed. "It's not my fault some people can't sing notes as high as I can."

That's it! I stood up, annoyed.
He isn't even embarrassed or apologetic for rejecting me that way.
Apparently for him, that still wasn't harsh.

"Hey, where are you going?" He looked surprised.

"I don't know. I just want to get away from you." I grabbed my music sheet from his hands and started to walk away.

"Hey, wait." He got a hold of my arm.

"What?" I looked at him, annoyed.

"Are you mad?"

I looked at him disbelief. "Is it not obvious or were you just always this insensitive?"
I cannot believe I cut class because of this guy.
I cannot believe I like him at all.
I'll have to remember next time that looks aren't everything.

I shrugged his arm off and started to walk away again but he caught up to me and blocked my path.
I went left.
He blocked it quickly.
I went right.
He did the same.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him.
"Excuse me."
But he spread out his arms, ready to block me.

Frustrated, I turned around to walk the opposite direction but he quickly caught up.
Woah. I didn't know he moved fast.

I stood straight, thinking.
He smiled at me cockily.
I tried to look away. I don't need distractions right now.

I looked to my left, making sure he noticed it.
Then I moved a little to my left and he quickly tried to block my path again but I turned around and sprinted the opposite direction.
I smirked. He thinks he's so smart? Well I'm sma--

"Hey!" Someone suddenly gave me a backhug.

"You didn't think you'd escape so easily, did you?" He whispered in my ear.
If I didn't know he was a student like me, I'd say that he was a .

"Get off me!" I tried to shrug him off.

"No. Not until you stop running away from me." He whispered again, not letting me go.

"Fine. I won't." My heart was beating fast.

"Promise?"
I nodded.
He released me and I quickly prepared to run away. But he held my arm quickly and turned me around to face him.
"I knew it." He smirked. "You're a contract violator!" He wiggled a finger in my face.

"What do you want?! You don't even know me!"

"Yes, I do! You're Miss Safe!"

"That," I glared at him more. "Is not my name! Now can you please let go of my arm?!"

"Why did you write that song?" He pulled me closer.

"I just want to, okay?!"

"I heard you talking to yourself before you started singing."
I gasped. Was I talking aloud that time? And what was I saying? I can't remember!
"You wanted to get in the glee club, right?" He leaned closer.

"No. Your club ." I lied.

"Hmmm.." He smiled knowingly.
"Tell you what," He stared at me.
"I'll help you get in."

I swallowed. "But auditions are already over."

"I'm the leader. What I say goes."

"You just said I'm Miss Safe. And my vocal range isn't really that great."

"Never mind that." He shook his head. "I know potential when I see it."

"W-what?"

He leaned closer again.
"I'll be your mentor."
I blushed. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Jonghyun will stand this close to me.

But I still have my pride.

"N-no, thanks." I tried to get away from his grip again.

"You don't really have a choice." He raised his other hand and my eyes widened.
My BAG! I left my bag!
"Next time, don't run away so quickly without checking your things." He smirked.

"Give me my bag back."

"Sure. After today's lesson."

"Lesson?" I asked nervously.

"Yep." He shouldered my pink bag.
"I'll be your mentor~ and don't worry...we'll have fun." He winked.

What did he mean by that? OHMYGOD. I really hope he's not a !!
"But..."

"Look, I know what I said at the auditions. But if you remember correctly, I said that we need more risk-takers in the club."
He looked at me seriously.
"And you...taking the time to write this song, practice it, and ask for a chance to audition again...is what I consider as a risk-taker."
I was speechless.
"I mean, you're going to spend time and effort and you're not even sure if I'll let you audition." He shrugged.
I didn't say anything.
"So what do you say?" He leaned his face close to me and I stared at his handsome face, mesmerized.
"Wanna be my student?"

I took a deep breath.

The lesson I need right now is how to say no to men like him.


 

 

class notes
onew-icon-3.jpg
Hi guys~~~~ (;
Yay. >< Since it is so tiring writing about Onew and Maki arguing (and so sad as well. I can't stand it any longer. lol.)
 
Let's focus on another prospect~ yayyyy (; It's time Mika got some lovin`
 
right? (;
 
credit: I used B1A4'S Chuchuchu as Mika's Song (pretend she wrote it. lol.)