Chapter IX

Depths of Love

Back at Kyungsoo's house, I sat down with his mom at the table. Soo didn't know I was back yet since he was in his room.

His mom saw the look on my face and only needed to say one word to me.

"Spill."

I giggled at her before I explained.

"Don't tell Kyungsoo, but I actually went back to the top and talked to Sehun. You'll never guess what happened." I smiled.

"Judging by the look on your face, I have an idea," She said. "But tell me anyways."

"Well it was really cold, so he gave me his jacket and I told him that I liked him but I was afraid that if he didn't like me, I'd be dead, from heartbreak and possibly if I get caught again."

I didn't know it, but Kyungsoo was now standing behind me listening to every word I said.

"Sehun asked me to come over to his boat and I did, and he kissed me!" I said happily.

"So you lied to me." Kyungsoo stated.

I jumped in my seat and turned around to look at him.

"Soo, I'm sorry. I knew you wouldn't let me go, but I wanted to so bad." I confessed.

He looked so shocked that I lied to him. I didn't mean to hurt him, though.

"I hope you're happy." He said before turning around to head straight toward his room.

"Kyungsoo I'm sorry!" I yelled after him.

"Don't worry about him, Lu. He'll be over it tomorrow." Mama Soo said.

"I hope so." I quietly said.

I tried to sleep after that, but my mind kept flashing back to my kiss with Sehun. He actually told me he liked me. I was so happy.

"Luhan, wake up. You're going to be late."

I groaned. I didn't want to go to school. It was too early.

"Well I'm leaving because I'm still mad at you."

"Soo, wait." I said.

I rolled onto the floor and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I stayed up too late being happy. I followed Kyungsoo at a slower pace and had to catch up.

"Soo, I'm sorry I lied to you last night."

He heard me but said nothing. I searched for more words to say.

"I'm sure you would do the same if you were me."

Still nothing.

"I don't know what you want me to say. I've already apologized. What else am I forgetting?"

"You're not forgetting anything." He said, "I'm just upset that you lied to me. Friends don't lie."

I wanted to tell him that he was wrong, but I knew he would be even more upset. We turned a corner and met up with Kai. With Kyungsoo around, I couldn't tell Kai of the night I had. We swam to school and sat together in the back of our first class. I wanted to talk to Kai, but Soo was glued to his side. I also noticed Krystal looking back at me from time to time.

Class was almost over and I still hadn't talked to Kai. Kyungsoo got up to ask the teacher about something and this was my only chance.

"Kai, I'm going to tell you something quickly because I don't want Soo to be mad at me." I said before proceeding to retell my night.

"Wow, Lu, you really scored!" He said happily.

I simultaneously smiled and blushed as soon as Kyungsoo made his way back to his seat. Everyone was waiting for the signal to leave, but two mermen walked through the door. I had the feeling they were here for me.

I watched as my teacher talked to them quietly at the front of the room. After a minute, he turned around and let them take over.

One of the mermen pointed me out. "Luhan, come with us."