Chance 2: Smile

Another Chance of Love

                      Eun Young greeted her parents who were watching the television together then walked to her room.. She grabbed the towel and took a light shower before going to sleep.. 'Should I sent him a message?' she thought.. She got up and took out her phone from her bag..

 

Congratulation for both of you.. Sorry I couldn't stay there any longer.. Will you guys forgive me?

 

                      She pressed the send button.. The message was sent to Myungsoo.. A few minutes later, she got a reply..

 

It's okay.. Thanks for coming anyways.. Good night :)

 

                       She sighed while closing her eyes.. She lied on the bed and put her phone beside her pillow.. She was about to sleep when she remembered something.. 'Joon!' she thought..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                       Joon walked into his house, his parents already asleep he guess because all the lights went off.. He walked lifeless to his bedroom.. Opening the door, switch on the light then he lied on the floor.. He finally can stop acting tough infront of Eun Young when she's not around.. Joon was still thinking and recalling what had happened between him and Soo Yeon.. The day he confessed his feelings and Soo Yeon stated that she likes Myungsoo.. He recalled what the four of them have been through along their friendship.. And also recalling about the wedding ceremony a few hours ago.. He turned to the right side and took out his wallet and opened it.. There's Soo Yeon's picture in it.. He stared at the picture for awhile..

                      "Why did I fall for you? Why can't you love me back? Why did this have to be happened? Out of all the people, why him?.." he asked the picture, but it's useless.. The picture couldn't reply him back.. He folded it back and brought it to his chest.. He hug the wallet that contained Soo Yeon's picture in it.. Landing his body fully on the floor, the tears started to come out again.. He cried silently.. Suddenly his phone sounded, informing him that he got a message.. He took out his phone.. It's from Eun Young..

 

                       Joon-ah, thanks.. I didn't mentioned it just now, right? I'll try to forget him and the same thing has to go with you.. I'm sure you'll find a better girl than her.. No need to worry.. There's a lot of girls would give their love to you.. ^-^ Let's help each other to overcome the sadness.. Like you said, I always have you.. And you'll always have me by your side.. Good night.. Dream of something that'll make you happy.. Jalgayo~!

 

                        He let out a small chuckle.. He replied the message..

 

                        Thanks to you too.. I'll try.. I promise.. I'll make you smile like we used to before.. Good night.. Have a sweet dreams too..

 

                       He sighed after replying the message.. He wiped his tears.. He stood up and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.. He changed into a more comfortable clothes and went to sleep, totally forgot about Soo Yeon..

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

                     "Morning.." Joon said to his phone.. He was on his way to the office.. He's talking to Eun Young..

                    "Morning, what make you call me this early?" she asked, her breathing can also be heard in the line..

                     "Hey, why are you breathing like that?"

                     "BECAUSE I'M LATE TAKING MY BUS! So I've to RUN!"

                     "What?? Where are you?" Joon asked.. As soon as Eun Young told him her location, he drove straight to there, though he almost reach the office..

                     "Thanks.. So kind of you" she said after she sat on the passenger seat..

                     "Why didn't you give me a call?" he looked at her with the strict face..

                     "Please Joon. Don't give me that look okay.. I don't wanna trouble you" she explained.. Joon sighed..

                    "Wasn't I said last night? I'll always by your side.. You can lean on me.. You can always ask for my help.. " he looked into her eyes.. Eun Young sighed..

                     "Okay.. I'm sorry.. I'll ask for your help next time.." she smiled and so does him.. "So, aren't we going? It's almost 8.00 a.m now.. Our superior will get mad?!.." she asked.. Joon didn't say anything, he just kept the smile on his face and started the engine.. A few minutes later..

                     "Phew, right on time" Joon sighed in relieved..

                     "Don't be so happy yet.. We still didn't get to the office.. Bye.."

                     "We'll going back home together?"

                     "It's up to you.." she replied.. They bit a goodbye.. Eun Young entered her office and Joon parked the car.. As soon as Eun Young entered the storey of her office..

                    "BOO!"

                    "ARGH!" she shouted.. Victoria did it again.. Every morning she'll waited for Eun Young at the entrance door and make her startlet.. "UNNIE!! Stop it already.." Eun Young hissed.. She just got a laugh from Victoria..

                    "Hehehe.. Wae? It's fun!" Eun Young sighed and walked off.. "Yah.. Yah.. Who's that guy?"

                    "What guy?"

                    "The one that sent you just now. Eo?! Finally you've got a boyfriend but didn't tell your unnie? Huh?" she keep on teasing Eun Young..

                    "SHH! Unnie.. It's just a friend.."

                    "Eyy.. Friend sometimes can be changed to love"

                    "We've been friend since in high school unnie and I know him well.. He love someone else and me too", she said, full in sorrow..

                    "Hmph.. I wouldn't trust you easily dear.."

                     "It's up to you then unnie.. I didn't asked you to trust me either.. Now please excuse me. I need to meet our manager.." then, she walked off.. Victoria was about to say something but Eun Young walked too fast before she could say anything..

                     "Hpmh, I can barely kidding with her!" she said..

                     Eun Young walked toward Mr. Kang's room. Just when she was about to knock the door, it swung open.. She almost knock the person who opened the door infront of her.. The person quickly bend backward while covering his face with his arms.. Eun Young though 'he' might be Mr. Kang but.. "Jeoseonghabnida Mr. Kang".. 'But since when did Mr. Kang had a slim body? Yesterday he was..' she looked up and met eyes with the person..

                      "It's alright.. But Mr. Kang is inside.. By the way.. I'm Seok Jin.. The new employee here.. I'm the new assistant management officer"

                      "Management?? Mr. Kang.. Wasn't that..." she turned to looked at the elderly inside the room..

                      "Come in Eun Young.. I'll explain.. And you too Seok Jin" they both walked and sat on the chair in front of the table..

                      "This is Kim Seok Jin, your new assistant"

                      "Ah.. So this is Mrs Eun Young that you're mentioning just now? " Seok Jin said..

                      "Excuse me.. I'm not married yet.. And Mr. Kang.. Where's Annie? I already got her.."

                      "She gave me 24-hour noticed last two days.. She said that she have to go back to America.. Her mother was sick.. She'll find another job there.."

                      "Why didn't she told me?? " she hissed..

                      "It's okay.. You got me.. " Seok Jin interrupt..

                      "Shut up.. You're just an assistant, don't interrupt our conversation when I don't even talk to you" Eun Young got mad..

                     "Ah.. Calm down Eun Young, Seok Jin, you may leave now.." Mr Kang commanded.

                     "Thanks Mr. Kang."  'Urgh.. He finally out from here'.. Eun Young thought..

                    "Eun Young, I want to tell you a secret"

                    "Secret?"

                    "Yes. A secret. The boy you saw just now, make sure you take a good care of him."

                    "Why should I ? He's a grown up man, Mr. Kang"

                    "Let me finish my sentences, Eun Young"

                   "Erm.. Sorry Mr. Kang.. I forgot that you're my superior.. Hehe.."

                   "Okay, Who is our President?" Mr. Kang begin questioning her.

                    "Mr. Kim Hyun Suk?"

                    "What's the surname?"

                    "Kim?"

                    "The boy just now?"

                    "Kim Sang Jun?"

                   "Kim Seok Jin, Eun Young"

                   "Okay, Sun Jin or Seok Jin..What ever it is, why are we having a quiz session right now Mr. Kang?" She's getting annoyed with the puzzle..

                   "Okay, what I'm trying to say is.. He's our president's son"

                   "What???" Eun Young was shocked.. Mr. Kang nodded.. "Why is he here? Wasn't he's suppose to be his father's assistant?"

                   "I don't know.. President Kim just put him here". A few minutes later, she came out from Mr. Kang's office.

                     "Oh.. You finally come out.." Seok Jin flash a smile to Eun Young.. "I wanna ask you, where is my place?" he asked, still plastering the smile on his face..

                    "There" Eun Young unwillingly pointing at her ex-assistant, Annie's desk..

                    "Great, it's just next to you" Eun Young don't really pay attention to what he's saying.. A few hours passed.. Eun Young just talk with him when she want to give him a job.. One word he ask, one word she replied..

                   "Unni, can you please give me the copy of the report for the XXX project with the K company in China?" Eun Young asked Victoria..

                   "I'll get it for ya" Seok Jin got up from his chair and get the file from Victoria.. "Here you go, my lady".. Eun Young felt disgust..

                  "Keep the cheesy things for yourself and copy that report now!" She forget for a moment that he's their President's son.. 'Take care of him'.. She suddenly remembered what Mr. Kang said.. "Uhm.. Sorr- I mean.. Please, copy this report for me" She talk to him nicely this time..

                  "What's wrong with your mood changing? Ahh.. I think I know.. Mr. Kang told you about the secret?" he asked, whispering.. Eun Young look at other way..

                  "I- I'm busy.."

                 "Look here Ms Eun Young, just pretends like everything is normal.. Treat me as you wish, but.. I want to see you smile.. Can you, please?" As he wish, she fake a smile.. "Yes, that's it.. Although it's a fake.. You're beautiful with smiles.. Don't let it drop from your face.."

                  "Ookay.. All I have to do is smile for you and that's it? What ever, as long as I don't lose my job.."

                 "Hm.. Good idea, I'll make him fire you if you don't treat me well"

                 "What??" she said a bit loud which attract the attention from the whole office..

                "Hehe.. So smile please, miss grumphy". Seok Jin then walked to his desk.. 'Now he's threatening me!!'

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

                Eun Young received a message.. It's from Joon..

 

                        Hey, how's work? Everything's fine? Keep smile, okay?

                       You have no idea Joon.. For the first time in my life, I hate smile..

                       Why? Is it because of yesterday night?

 

                She look at the message.. "Hah.. Why did you have to remind me of it, Joon?" she sighed..

 

                       No

                      Then??

                      I'll tell you later, jalga..

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[A/N: Oct 31, 2015 // 12:20 a.m]

Anyeong guys.. Finally after a long rest, I came back for a while.. I'm in my semester break right now.. I've been keeping this chapter in the hide status for a long time.. So,, The second lead, have made his appearance.. Was it kind of rush? And for those who are giving their ideas for the story, thanks a lot but most of them were far away from my original idea.. Myungsoo and Jessica were just the cameo in this story.. jeongmal, mianhabnida.. ^-^