Chapter 3

Heartless Help


I burst into Mr. Choi’s office, panting. He was sitting there like always, but on his face was a surprised look. Maybe it was the way I’d entered his office that had startled him. Or maybe that I’d come back. 


After taking a few seconds to catch my breath, I quietly asked 
“Can we talk please?” Seung Hyun smirked, and I realized just then that he wasn’t alone in his office; he was with his best friend ‘Kwon Jiyong’. I’d known of Jiyong because he regulary visited Sajangnim. Also, he was quite famous. He caught my eye, and nodded his head in a curt bow.


“Here’s the proof.” Seung Hyun said while smiling to his friend. I stood there, dumbfounded, trying to figure out what they were talking about.


Jiyong stood up and said “You don’t know anything. They’re not all the same – reasons do exist, you know. Keep that in mind.” He then turned to me and said, “Sorry, I’ll give you some privacy to talk.” I thanked him quietly, as he left.


“What are we going to talk ab-?” 


“I agree.” I quickly cut him off with a low voice, my eyes smarting at my tears.


“What?” I was sure that he was playing dumb when he said that. But I said with a slightly louder and higher tone, “I accept your offer.”


He laughed, shaking his head bizarrely, and said manically “I knew it!” 
But then, he added “How cheap.” At that, I lost all control over my tears as I felt them gushing down my cheeks in humiliation. In all my life, I’d never felt so low
“You have no right to talk to me like that!” I shrilly yelled.


He taunting eyes broke yet again into an intimidating smile as he jeered, “I don’t have the right, my .”


As agitated as I was, he’d reached the limit now. I hotly protested, almost begging
“You don’t know my reasons, I-” 


But he swiftly interrupted and bellowed “Reasons! I don’t want to know anything, meet me today at the PLAZA hotel and ask for Mr. Choi’s suite at 9:00 AM!” 


Merely hearing him mention the place and time sent a dreadful feeling of self-loathing squirm inside me - I was such a e.
“And when do I get my money?” 


He chuckled lightly at my question, “So materialistic! You can have it when we’re done! Common sense, right?!” 


I left his office, tears streaming down my red, swollen face in shame. As soon as I reached our house, I randomly packed some clothes, my face still glazed and blotched. Had it not been for my mother, I’d never have agreed to something as outrageous as this; I couldn’t even do this with the ex-boyfriend who’d left me.


I arrived at the hotel at 8:45 and asked the receptionist for Mr. Choi’s suite. Sooner than I’d wanted and expected, a pair of concierges led me to a suite so royal grandiose, I’d never imagined myself setting a foot inside these kinds of hotels and rooms. Heck, the suite was larger than my whole house and obviously better than any home I visited.


When I entered, I scanned the room for any sign of Choi Seunghyun, but found nothing but his blazer and a suitcase. Then the butler told me that he was at the hotel’s bar, and asked me to wait. I did as I was told, and waited for him.
After what seemed like an eternity, I heard him opening the door. He entered, and smiled while saying, “Sorry, I’m late.” I didn’t even bother to answer. 


I rose from my seat on the couch, and said crisply “Let’s get over with it. Make it quick.” 


He laughed and said “Mmmm, fierce, just like the way I like it, but d’you really think I’ll pay you a million dollars if you make it quick?!” 


He then walked to me, my body inching backwards until my back was stuck to the wall, and my tears spilling once again. He leaned forward, sensually placing his mouth on my neck, as his hands made their way beneath my shirt. My tears increased. 


But unexpectedly, I felt that him stop so I opened my eyes, and saw a smirk dancing on his haughty face.


There was an uncomfortable silence until he began,
“The suitcase there has your money, don’t you dare touch it, I’ll make a phone call and comeback.” 
He left the room, and I immediately felt a bout of relief crash over me. I sat on the marble floor and waited, lifted my head every so often to eye the suitcase. Weird thoughts filled my head, but I desperately tried to get rid of them.


I waited for what I was sure was longer than an hour, nearly two hours, so I decided to go home but with the suitcase of money, even if I was hating myself for turning from a to a thief.


I did my best to sneak out of the suite without Mr. Choi seeing me, and I succeeded, although I could swear that he saw me and hurriedly turned away, but maybe I was just imagining things. 
He knew where I lived, and I work for him, so I didn’t think he’d suspect that I’d steal the money. I’ll surely return it to him. 


I left the hotel and went directly to the hospital to save my mother.

 

Seunghyun POV:

Little did the girl know that I didn’t actually want to call anyone - I’d only pretended to do that so she’d have some time to escape with the money. I was not someone who’d force a girl into ion, and I would never sleep or touch any girl that wasn’t mine. But after my fiancé left me, my views on girls on a whole had turned around and changed. 


All she’d wanted was money and fame, she’d never loved me. It’d been a year since we broke up, and I had changed a lot; to me all girls were the same: cheap, acquisitive and they’re all the filthiest of liars. 


But there was something different about Eunji’s tears and the way she was avoiding me as I came closer to her. I could sense that she wasn’t like them, and that she really did need the money. Maybe Jiyong wasn’t trying to fool me when he said that reasons exist.


“Silly girl, why did you wait more than an hour before escaping?!”

 

 


Hello dear subscribers :) hope you like the chapter .

Lovejunsu i love you, Playfulkissbof thank you for your great ideas.