Invitation

One Crazy Summer

Taemin's POV

I hummed our song happily as I made my way to the kitchen to make a glass of coffee. "What's with the cheery mood?" Jonghyun hyung asked. "You rarely hum, Taemin."

"Probably 'cuz his birthday is coming up," Minho guessed as he sat down in fornt of the TV.

"Not exactly~" I replied.

"I never heard of this song before. Is it new? I should know if it's new because I know every single song," Key umma commented.

"It's a surprise~ All of you should know it soon enough," I teased as I headed for the door. "I'm leaving to SM, kay?"

"We dont have a chedule today!" Key umma shouted.

Today I'm meeting up with Joonhae and Joona in SM to record the song. I had asked one of the music producer to make the instrumental version of our song. 'I can't wait ot sing it!' I entered the building and saw two girls sitting on the couch with their phones.

Joon Hae's POV

"You're here!" Taemin sprinted and attack Joona with a bear hug. 

"Woah! I love you too, Taemin," Joona joked. "What was that all about?" 

"Nothing. I just missed you," he beamed and pulled her into another hug before letting go. I am mentally facepalming myself right  now. 'This guy doesn't know, does he? He is literally falling for Joona. Way to make it obvious!'

"Hey, Joonhae," he greeted me and ruffled my hair. 

"Sup!"

"This will be your first recording?" Taemin asked Joona.

"Yup. I'm kind of nervous?" she replied.

"So... why am I here exactly? I'm not gonna sing anyway," I said.

"Joonhae, your job is to be the back up vocal but mainly to guide me through the rapping part," Taemin cooed.

I smacked the back of his head, "You still haven't complete the task I gave you?"

"Well... not exactly," he sheepishly replied. We finally entered a room with a recording booth set up already and right in front of the controller, there sat a man in his late twenties. "Annyeonghaseyo," we all said our greetings.

"My name is Hyoshin."

"Yoon Joonhae-ibnida."

"Yoon Joona-ibnida."

"Are you two new trainees in SM?" Hyoshin asked.

"Aniyo. We're not trainees at all. Just friends of Taemin," Joona replied. "How is the song?"

"The song is written quite well. Did you write it?"

"Ne, I did. With Taemin, of course," Joona answered. 

"Let's hear it then!" Taemin shouted. We take a seat as Myungsoo pressed a few buttons and a melodic tune was heard. Every once in a while, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star melody was heard throughout the song. It's my first time hearing the song Joona and Taemin have written, and I have to say, it was nicely put together. I sadly smiled. 'You're doing just fine Joona. Keep it up. One day you're gonna make it big. No. We will. Even if I'm not physically next to you. We will always stand on the same stage together.'

"It's great!" Joona commented.

"I love it!" Taemin added.

"Get in and start recording," I ordered. "Don't waste anymore time."

"Yes, boss!" Taemin and Joona chorused. They both left their seat and went inside the recording booth. Each of them wore the headset and waited for their que. "Hyoshin oppa, can I have a headset?" I asked. 

"Sure thing. It's by the corner over there," he replied and pointed to a stack of headsets. I took one and wore it. 

"Can you tell me which button is the play and pause?" I asked.

"Green is start, red is stop," he replied while pressing some buttons. "Oh, and press this button if you want to talk to them." He pointed to a black circle button in front of me.

I pressed the button and said, "You guys ready?" It took both Taemin and Joona by surprise. They both gave a thumbs up and nodded. I looked at Hyoshin oppa and looks like everything is set. I pressed the green button and the song begin. 

Everything is going very well so far. Joona sang her part first and she never had to repeat. It was very natural. "She's a natural," Hyoshin oppa commented. 'Of course. All those years of hard work didn't go to waste.' 

"Are you sure it's her first time recording?"

"Ne. This is her first time," I replied not looking away from the two singers. The most anticipated part is coming in a few seconds. I know Taemin will mess up and it'll be fun to torture him. He. He. He.

The rapping part finally came and I instantly frown. I paused the song and pressed the black circle button. "Dasi. You were one beat late," I said sternly to Taemin. He started again and this time he came in the right time. But something is completely off. "Stop. Rap louder, Lee Taemin. Also, you mis pronounced a word. When you rap, you needto pronounce everything clearly so that hen other people hear it, they won't misunderstand."

"But it's hard~" Taemin whined.

"Stop whining. You're not a baby," I snapped. "You're a professional singer with thousands of fans. Do it again or I'll rap instead."

"Arasseo, arasseo!" he agreed. "You're so mean!" I saw Joona gave a pat to Taemin on his back and gave some encouraging words. Not even ten seconds later, he messed up again. It goes on for another ten minutes before he finally perfected it. He even made a little victory dance. There's a rapping part in the end and he messed up again. "Taemin~ It's only two lines! How can you messed that up?"

"Okay... I'll try it again," he mumbled.

"I can't believe you're actually mentoring him in rapping. And he is improving so much for a novice," Hyoshin oppa started. "You do realize he is the worst when it comes to this?"

"I know. But once in a while it wouldn't hurt to get out of your comfort zone, right?" I replied. When we finally finished recording the song and listened to the final product, it was already dark outside.

No One's POV

"We're finally done~" Joona exclaimed.

"I am never ever going to rap again in my entire life!" Taemin complained.

"Great work! It was really nice working with all of you," Hyoshin complimented the bunch. "Joonhae, Joona - You two shoukd audition so we could work together again in the near future."

"Ne. Kamsahabnida~" they cooed. The three of them left the recording room and went to buy water. "I just remember!" Taemin shouted.

"Mwo?" Joonhae asked.

"You two are invited to my birthday party!"

"Jinjja??? Gomawo~" Joona suddenly hugged Taemin which startled him but nonetheless he smiled.

"You better thank me. You're gonna meet many idols for free."

"What do you want for your birthday?" Joonhae asked.

"...Nothing in particular. But," Taemin turned his attention to Joona, "I want you to sing our song with me on my birthday."

"Mwo?!?! Sing the song in front of so many people? Who happened to be famouse singers?! HELL NO!!" Joona disagreed. 

"Please~ It'll be the greatest present ever," Taemin begged.

"Hahahahaha. for you! Thank God I don't have to sing in front of so many people," Joonhae teased.

"Shiro! Andwae! You can't make me! Never!" Joona shouted.

"Joona..." Taemin growled warningly. When she heard Taemin's tone, Joona sprinted through the hall trying to get away from Joonhae's and Taemin's capture. The hall is filled with profanities, threats, and yells of the three people. 

EXO is resting in one of the practice rooms and Joona spot it as her haven. She bursted into the room which startled all of EXO. "Joona! Come back here! You have to do it!" Taemin yelled.

"Andwae! Shiro! You can't make me!" Those words are like a mantra to Joona. She had  been repeating those exact same words to stop this silly goose chase. "Baekkie! Help me!"

"Huh?" Baekhyun was confused as to what's happening. However, it's too late. The second she divert her attention away from Taemin, he jumped and pinned Joona to the ground. "Get off me!" Joona screamed. She struggled beneath Taemin trying to get out of his grasp. " you, Taemin. There is no way in hell I'm gonna do that! Arggghh!!!" 

"That's not a very nice thing to say to your elders," Taemin mocked Joona as she kept struggling beneath him.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Joonahe came bursting in. She saw EXO and smiled. "Sorry, this'll take a second. Just gotta pull her legs." Both Taemin and Joonhae grabbed each of Joona's legs and started dragging her out.

"No! Somebody help me~!" Joona cried. She clawed the floor in attempt to escape. But her strength is nothing compared to the strength of Taemin and Joonhae combined. In a second, they've gone with no traces at all.

"That was... weird...." Chanyeol commented.

"What was that all about?" Kai added.

"Aaaah! No! Stop it!" Joona screamed. For a second, Taemin and Joonhae lost their grip on her legs. Joona freed herself and crawled back to where EXO were. "Help me!!" She suddenly appeared from the corner of the door, which scared the living daylights of some of the EXO members, and disappeared again without a trace. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. But it's a new update! I hope all of you are enjoying this story. And thank you for the comments you have given me in the past chapters. That helps me to be motivated~ Please continue to support my first story by commenting and subscribing. 

Annyeong ^^

- TaeYyi