Fork in the Road

100 Days of Drabble Challenge ft. Bangtan Boys
  
 
 
100  Days  Drabble  Challenge  f t .  Bangtan  Boys

Fork in the road;

Hoseok internally cursed while he slapped a fake grin on his face. Cameras flashed and cheers floated up into the open gray sky when he stepped up to receive his diploma with two hands.

Once he was down, the boy was met with his group of rowdy friends and their parents. More commemorative pictures were taken, and he became surrounded by a surging crowd of mothers. Hoseok smiled politely, and answered their repetitive questions, all the while wishing them away so he could be in peace. Just because they were his mother’s friends, shouldn’t mean he had to put up with them all the time. Why couldn’t they gush over their own children instead?

“Yes,” he snapped at a particularly persistent woman. “Yes, I am continuing my education in college.”

The petite woman, sensing Hoseok’s displeasure, nodded and bid him goodbye with a tight-lipped smile. The boy sighed in relief but it was short-lived. He felt a tap on the shoulder and he turned to find Jimin, in his usual faded uniform. His face held an apology.

“Sorry. My mom’s like that to everyone.”

Hoseok shrugged. “It’s alright. I’m used to it now.”

The former’s lips curled upwards but the smile didn’t reach his eyes. “Being a genius does come with a price, doesn’t it?”

Another shrug lifted Hoseok’s shoulders. “Have you thought about what you’re going to do after this?” He waved a hand at the crowded graduation ceremony.

“Yes!” Jimin’s eyes lit up. “I’m aiming to become an idol. Of course, my mom’s against it but... she’ll come around, hopefully.”

Hoseok nodded. “Sounds like fun.” He murmured. If only his own mother would listen to the things he wanted to say and even think about letting him do the things he wanted to do... A wistful look flickered across his face. “Good luck.” He said to Jimin, and the two friends smiled at each other.

But the moment Hoseok turned away, his expression soured. To Jimin, the ceremony was to be his first step towards a wonderful dream. To Hoseok, however, the ceremony marked the end of his carefree days.

He had nothing to look forward to anymore.


Word Count: 360


A/N:

I'm not dead guys. I swear.