A Breakthrough.

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

An hour before dinner, Emi came to get Niddie ready. Niddie had been sitting in front of the window and drawing on the foggy glass. "Niddie, it's time to get ready for dinner." Emi said coming up behind her. Niddie turned around and gave her a small smile, she got up and went to the bathroom. Emi looked at what Niddie had written on the window, "I miss you Golf." Emi sighed, Niddie was very sad and there wasn't much she could do to help. "Mr. Niran wants to marry her so hopefully he'll be able to break her out of her shell." Emi smiled in hopes.

Niddie was dressed in a soft beige, long cocktail dress for the dinner. She looked at herself in the mirror.

"It's a bit formal...isn't it?" She asked looking at Emi through the mirror.

"Yes, but you are meeting some very important people to Mr. Niran."

"What does he do anyways? I don't know anything about this man. I'd still efuse to marry him...even if I did know him."

Emi gave her a small smile, "Well, he's owns a corporation that sells microchips but..." she dropped off.

Niddie looked at her. "But what?"

"He's head of a mafia." Emi said softly, hoping that Niddie wouldn't catch it.

Niddie spun around. "WHAT?! My parents sold me to a mafia!? Do they know about this?!"

"I would think so...if they sold you without fighting."

"Holy CRAP! I gotta get out of here..." Niddie said picking up her dress and making a run for it to the door. She threw the door open and Mike stood there hand raised to knock. She quickly slammed the door shut in his face. "He could and would probably kill me. Better go out the window..." Niddie nodded to herself and started running full speed towards the high windows. Emi saw what she was about to do and quickly jumped and tackled her to the ground. Niddie grunted. "Emi! What are you doing?! Let me go!"

"Ms. Niddie don't you think that if you try to leave he's going to do all that he can to find you...and he might use your family against you." Emi said. She let out a sigh of relief when Niddie relaxed under her.

A knock came at the door. Emi helped Niddie up, she had become silent again and withdrawn. "Come in." Emi called.

Mike poked his head in. "Ms. Niddie are you ready for dinner." She didn't speak or move.

Emi turned to Mike, "Just give us 5 more minutes. I need to retouch her make up." Emi said. Mike nodded and shut the door. Emi turned to Niddie and saw her staring up at the moon through the windows. "You miss him a lot don't you?" She asked referring to Golf.

Niddie nodded, "If he was still alive. I'd be with him...not here in this hell hole. Life would be perfect." Emi sat Niddie down in front of her mirror and finished up her makeup. It wasn't much, just enough to make her glow. Not like she needed it. Even thought Niddie was a little on the chubby side, she had this radiant look about her. Especially when she smiled. The bright red lipstick gave her a classic look. 

Emi remembered the picture that Kon had brought her. "Emi this is the woman who you will be a personal assistant too." Emi looked down, she was in a wedding dress, smiling happily. Her wedding dress accentuated her body perfectly. She looked like Cinderella. Emi smiled. If she ever had a sister she hoped that this lady would be able fulfill that void in her life. "I'd be happy to Mr. Niran." She said grinning. Kon nodded and walked off smiling. As Emi looked at her through the mirror, she was that woman in the picture, but now she wasn't as happy. When she smiled you knew it was a forced smile, because her eyes didn't lighten up. She rarely laughed and she didn't seem like the girl in the picture at all, not anymore.

Once she was done, Niddie stood up and like a graceful woman, headed towards the door to go to dinner. She turned around suddenly and hugged Emi, "Thank you." Was all she said, Emi was shocked. She wasn't expecting this. She hugged her back and just nodded. They let go and Niddie turned around and opened the door.

Mike stood up from the chair. They looked at each other, blushed, and looked away. Niddie led the way downstairs, where Kon stood waiting for her. He smiled at her, but she barely acknowledged him. "You look wonderful." He complimented her and held out his arm to her. She glared at him from the corner of her eye. And shoved her arm unenthusastically in his. He grinned and they walked to the dinner room where about 20 other people were standing.

The first set of people he took her too were his parents. "Mom and dad, this is Niddie." His father, a tall man with a gentle face grinned at her. "Wow, people like this are involved with the mafia? Who knew..." she thought to herself.

"Welcome to the family dear. Kon you've chosen wisely." He said.

His mother, a short fabulous looking woman embraced Niddie, "Oh I'm going to have a daughter-in-law soon! I'm soo happy!!" Niddie stood awkwardly, although they were nice people, she already had her own parents and she already had in laws. She didn't need another set, especially not Kon's.

Niddie smiled, "Nice to meet you."

"Well who knew fat people could pretend to be lookers?" Someone said loudly and walked over. A short stouty woman walked over, she had on too much makeup. She reminded her of a shorter version of the matchmaker from 'Mulan'. Niddie put her hand over and giggled behind it. Emi elbowed her in the ribs.

"Niddie dear, this is Mrs. Vongxipay. My ex-girlfriend's mother."

"Nice to meet you!" Niddie said overly loudly.

"Kon..." the lady said ignoring Niddie, "Why would you choose a woman like this when you can have my beautiful daughter Kulap? She's much more suited for you than Nattie."

"Niddie...and by all means PLEASE marry him off to her. I would be more than happy to hand him over." Niddie said. Kon glared at her and tightened his grip on her arm. Niddie glared back at him.

"Excuse me Aunty, I need a moment wi

Please log in to read the full chapter