013

My Stupid Arranged Marriage [EDITING]

"Miss, wake up!" You felt someone lightly pat your arm.

"Uhh yeah, I'm awake now. Sorry." You muttered sleepily and started stretching. The driver asked for the money and you handed some amount and told him to keep the balance. Then you walked out with the huge paper bag of your wedding dress. You couldn't wait to wear it again but to think that you will have to wear it because of your wedding with Daehyun the , you actually need some thinking to make.

Lazily, you walked into your house and you were almost immediately greeted by your excited mother, "God, Haneul! Finally! So how was it? Did you find your dress? Did both of you had fun together?" 

"Mom, one question for one second please." You rolled your eyes. Your mother ignored the look you were giving and insisted you to answer her quick.

"Alright. First, it was just fine. Second, yes I did find my dress and it's here, right next to me." You glanced at the huge paper bag and went back to your mother. "Third, I didn't have fun at all because that's how boring he really is. Good, now?"

"Kind of. But I'm kinda disappointed when you said you didn't have a bunch of fun with him!"

"What do you expect seriously? He has a damn girlfriend and he loves her so much, I really want to puke when I look at them together!" You rolled your eyes. Again.

"So what? Both of you are going to get married and not the girlfriend of his, right? You get him anyway, why do you have to be so shy about it? But whatever. Let's put that aside and let me see you in the wedding dress." 

"Fine." You obediently took the dress with you and walked into the bathroom to get changed. After 5 minutes, you stepped out with the dress wrapped around your body perfectly well.

"Oh lord. You look gorgeous, Haneul! I'm serious!" Mrs. Park hugged you tightly like a child. Yes, child.

"Mom, I can't breath! Calm down a bit please!" You tried to push your mother off you but her arms just tightened and you let her be at last. You were too tired to argue and you thought you wanted her to be happy in her own little world. You couldn't help but sighed when you think about the upcoming wedding day.

 


 

A week passed by and the wedding day was finally here.

"Dear God, Park Haneul I can't believe you're turning to a married woman soon." Bomi jokingly wiped her non existence tears that made everyone there laugh whole-heartedly. You did too but you were not really happy about it. You will be married to Jung Daehyun, like, who wanted that?

"Wow, you are all excited and happy but I don't even feel a bit of excitement in me. I don't even approve this marriage to begin with." You chuckled bitterly.

"Of course we would be happy! Our best friend is getting married to the almight Jung Daehyun and furthermore, you are the first one to get married among us!" Eunji said brightly. You swore they were lots happier than you. The room was silent for a good few seconds and Minji sent you a naughty look and you, of course can get the message.

"Don't even think about me and Daehyun on a bed together on our first night." You mumbled and your friends laughed.

"Okay, time's up girls! It's time for the bride to walk on the aisle with the groom!" Your mother yelled and your heart started to beat faster. You felt like your heart was going to burst because of it. It was only an announcement, though, not when the wedding vows are read yet.

You stepped out of the room with your friends wishing the best for you and your marriage that caused you to tear up a bit. Your single life was going to end soon.

Linking your arm with your father, you nodded, telling him that you were ready to walk on the aisle everyone was craving for. You felt nervousness was taking over you and you needed toilet so bad.

You and your father walked slowly through the door when it was opened widely for you both. The guests were a lot. The church was almost packed with people. You felt touched when people were smiling brightly at you while wishing congratulations and clapping with all of their might. You smiled but it faded once you saw Daehyun waiting in front of the smiling priest. He looked amazing himself but you didn't want to admit it when it was Jung Daehyun you were talking about. He was in his black tuxedo with white bow tie.

Don't let him get you, Haneul. Keep smiling as if it's nothing.

When you and your father were right in front of Daehyun, the groom politely asked for your hand with a charming smile you've never seen before. "Please take a good care of my one and only daughter, Daehyun." Your father said.

"I would." He smiled again as he took your hand and looked at you. No one noticed but he was actually glaring at you. Both of you stood, hand in hand, in front of the priest and looked at him boredly.

"Do you, Jung Daehyun, willing to take Park Haneul as your wife, willing to stay by her side within she's sick and healthy, willing to stay with her through thick and thin, will you promise that you will stay loyal to her?" the priest glanced at Daehyun.

He was quiet for a couple of seconds but said yes after you heard him sigh silently. You felt bad for him because he really didn't want to do this but it wasn't like you were though.

Your turn.

The priest looked at you and said, "Do you, Park Haneul, willing to take Jung Daehyun as your husband, willing to stay by his side within he's sick and healthy, willing to stay with him through thick and thin, will you promise that you will stay loyal to him?"

You took a very deep breath and after a moment of dead silence, you gave him a yes. You did it.

"Now, I announced that both of you are husband and wife. You may kiss your bride now." As soon as the priest blurted those out, I sent an emergency silent message to him with my eyes but he was so calm.

Daehyun caressed your lips softly and kissed his thumb instead. You felt relieved because he wasn't your first kiss but you felt a bit of disappointment in your heart when he didn't kiss you on the lips. You wondered why.

Everyone thought he was kissing you for real and they stood up happily and started clapping.

Your friends ran off from ther seats and group hugged you tightly, making your tears to fall freely. You couldn't believe you were officially Daehyun's wife now. You were a wife of someone who you didn't even expect who he was. And you didn't even want to think it was Daehyun out of all male populations.

"Congratulations, Park Haneul! Oh no, I mean Jung Haneul. I wish for the best for you and your husband. Live a nice life, okay? Don't forget to have kids soon!" Bomi laughed as she wiped her tears.

Your parents then walked towards you proudly. You saw your mother was crying so hard and you hugged her, patting her back softly. "I'm married now, mom. Just like how you both want." You didn't mean to sound rude or sarcastic but it was out that way.

"Okay. Now, you gotta have some rest for the long day, Haneul. Time for your honeymoon!" Your mother cackled.

You gasped. "Honeymoon?!"

"Yes, honeymoon. We prepared everything for you so have fun! Do your best on your first night!" Your mother shooed you away and forced you to get into the car so you won't make Daehyun wait for any longer.

You bid a farewell at your parents and friends as Daehyun drove away from the church.

"Daehyun, do you know we are going to have a honeymoon tomorrow?" You asked. "I do"

It actually felt good when he didn't ignore you so you proceed to the next question immediately, "Do you know where are we heading to, then?"

"I don't know. Can you please shut up now, wife?" 

"Fine, husband." You sarcastically muttered and rolled your eyes, very annoyed at his bratty attitude. You decided to have a nap and you closed your eyes. Soon after that, you were already lost in your dream world.

 


 

End Of Chapter 13!

I think it was a long one and I hope you enjoy! <3

 

[GIF NOT MINE CR TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER]