What the Lions are Roaring About

The Houses of Agape and Polemos

TAECYEON's POV

I fell asleep immediately as soon as the back of my head hit a pillow as I lay down. It was as if someone was beckoning me to sleep. Wanting to meet me in dreams.. And I am certain, this person is a she.

As my dream fell deeper, a dream started.

I was walking on a beachless beach, just a field of sand. On the other side stood a woman, as the day she was born. And I looked down sure enough I was too. I tried to cover myself at first but realized, I didn't have to. I don't have anything to be embarassed about.

I don't know why but I started to run towards her. It was as if an invisible force compelled me to run to her and kiss her face off. Kiss her, make love to her, anything to show this emotion I still don't realize what. From the looks of it she looked like a murderous rage fell on her and the Furies felt like they were on my back. She ran to me and raised a hand as if to punch me. She looked down and I realized, she must've checked me out.

I looked down myself but I didn't cover up. Before we could collide and before I could do something ual to her and before she could kill me, I caught her hand mid-punch and held it close to me. And then I pushed her back and started to kiss her.

She kissed back strongly, passionately. She roamed her hands on my body as I kneaded her s and my long package on her stomach was waking up her senses. She writhed fro a moment and then pulled away from our kiss and then I said, making out the face of..

Taecyeon: Yoona?

She pulled me again and then kissed me strongly.And then she must've realized who I was. The rage started to fall on us again.

Yoon: Taecyeon?

Then I woke up and as I did I was in a cold sweat and anger fell on me. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. Why do I have her number? Long story short, I got her number from a friend of hers.

She didn't answer at first and dropped the call. I scoffed at my phone as the call ended. Infuriated, I dialled her number again. This time she picked up. Before she could say anything, I shouted at her from the other lin.

Taecyeon: GET OUT OF MY DREAMS! I know you're doing it..

Yoona: What the hell are you talking about?!

She answered back shouting too. The guts of this woman. After she kissed me and all, she dare shout at me.

Taecyeon: I know you can do it. I know you have the ability. Stop it. Or I will kill your House.

Then I ended the call. I looked around my room trying to collect my thoughts. What the is going on?! First I or rather both of us try to kill each other and now I want to kiss her and make abbies with her?! What the is wrong?!

Then I changed shirts, washed my face and went to dinner. As I had gone down, I felt a heavy feeling go down on me.

Our Dinner table has never been silent. Dad sat at the head of the table and at the other end, Mom. To dad's right sat Jay, Minjun, Junho, Lee Joon and Jr. and then to mom's right is where I seat and then Jia, Suzy, Mir, JB, Wooyoung and Chansung. Mom and the female wolves had prepared a steak dinner but it tasted like dread for me. I know I'm about to get the scolding of my life.

Wooyoung tried to break the silence in front of the dinner table by saying.

Wooyoung; Sooo..

He said, trailing his words a little longer than usual to catch everybody's attention. Chansung looked up from gobbling up mashed potatoes and fried bananas. Mom looked up from cutting up her steak, Jia looked up from her salad and so did Suzy. The other's looked at Wooyoung and smiled at everyone including Mom and Dad.

Wooyoung: ..how was everybody else's day?

He tried to break the ice, the ice that could have been the ice that sunk the titanic, but to no success. After dinner I washed some of the dishes and tried to help Jiyongg and Taeyang. As I took some of the dishes to the sink with Dara and Chaerin I said to Taeyang who was starting to wash the dishes.

Taecyeon: Hey guys.. More dishes.

I said as I set some of the dishes next to Jiyong. He looked at me sympathetically and said.

Jiyong: You okay hyung?

He said with his pretty and boyish charm.

Jiyong: Everything cool?

I looked at him and put on a genuine smile. He was one of the Jung kids that had grown close to me as he was one of the younger Jungs. The younger kids and I are closer to each other than the Hyungs and Noonas.

Taecyeon: Yeah man..

Taeyanf continued to wash the dishes and didn't even look up as he said.

Taeyang: Girl trouble?

He said and paused for a while and smiled at me. I sat on the free part of the counter next to the sink and crossed my feet. I reached to the nearby refrigerator and took out a bottle of coke and opened it.

Taecyeon: Well.. sort of?

I said kinda doubting if I should tell him. As I was about to speak up, Jia walked in on us and said.

Jia: Taecyeon.. Dad's waiting. Den room.. C'mon..

I looked at Taeyang as he continued to wash the dishes and handed one dfor Jiyong to wipe.

Jiyong; Go hyung.. Or did you want to help with the dishes?

He smiled confirming that he had made a joke.

Jiyong: Go hyung.. King's waiting.

I walked with Jia to the Den room. It's this large living room, kinda, witha fireplace and the 'throne' of Dad was located there too. I walked inside and seated on different kinds of seats, chairs, couches, la-z boy type of sofas sat our siblings in a semi circle around the hearth. Our fireplace is located at the center, around it are bricks that keep the fire at bay.

The fire flickerd in the dark room as it was the only thing illuminating our faces. I sat on the seat to Mom's right as she sat close to Dad. Jay sat on the other side to Dad's left. On our side sat I, Wooyoung,Jia,Chansung, Mir, Suzy and JB and on the other side sat the other siblings also in the order of age. Jay, Minjun, Lee Joon, Junho and Jr. 

As everyone had settled in I noticed that Seunghyun ahjussi stood behind Dad's throne. He must've been called to represent his family in this meeting. We only usually had this meetings when we were making decisions concerning the family, like when we sent Yonghwa and Seungri abroad. Dad told us that these 'Lion Roaring', what this meeting is called, was also a war council by our ancestors back then. And I feel like what we're having now is not that different from what they had back then.

Jihoon: Let's start..

He said reclingin on his seat.

Jay: Dad, another house..

Jay said first before I could speak up. I looked at him with shock and restrain but he only gave the same look back to me.

Jay: ..is amidst us. And we should not stray from tradition.

He paused to look at Dad and dad only nodded for him to go on with what he's saying, but befroe he did, he looked at me and smirked. I never really liked that troublemaking smirk of his.

Jay: And as the eldest, I have the right to kill her.

I stood up and got ready for an arguement.

Taecyeon: And as her initial predator I won't let you do that. 

I looked at app with fire in my eyes, the fire, the desire to kill the Yoona. I can't believe we're having this conversation over us.

Jay: I invoke my right!

He shouted as I got closer to appa.

Taecyeon: You can not do this to me! Father!

Hyori: Lions... Taecyeon.. Jaebeom..

She said from her seat.

Hyori: Get back to your seats..

Mom always is the logical one. She is not like us, she is only human and she is never affected with the bloodlust. Her mind is and never will be clouded by anger or madness or the drive to kill and she is the perfect person to shine light on our shady situation now.

Hyori: Let me..

She said as she stood up and walked to the center of the room. Behind her, the fires cackled and drew a faint outline of light on her.

Hyori: ..help us.. on this situation. This is a problem we can't avoid.

Dad was still silent as mom spoke up.

Hyori: Taecyeon.. Did you or did you not see the Furies behind the girl? Im Yoona..

With her name, my hunting face went out. The anger was called out from inside my heart. But should I tell them about the wierd feeling too? For centuries, ages.. All the stories only mentioned the Furies...

But never the other three sisters. The Fates. The legends, the Stories dad tell us before sleeping only told of the Furies. But some stories, all stories of Half-Bloods mentioned Fate, Fate being the reason of Love and the Death of two members from different houses.

Romeo and Juliet and Helen and Paris. The two couples started wars. Wars that had been started by Love. And could the appearance of the Furies and the Fates mean anything? But those were just stories right?

Taecyeon: Yes I did.. But-

Before I could say more Mom talked again.

Hyori: The Furies only appear to call the bloodlust on Houses of Half-Bloods. Children of the Gods from Elysium.. Correct?

She looked at Dad and he nodded at her.

Hyori: And to simplify everything.. Im Yoona is from another house.

Suzy: But oppa..

Suzy said before mom could continue her well said points.

Suzy: Did you see the Furies from behind her Father too?

She said and I remembered that her Father had been present the day we were both sent to the office. And come to think of it, no. The Furies weren't there.

Taecyeon: No and.. The Furies.. They're not the only ones I see with her..

Dad looked up as he contemplated for a while on what I said and was about to say. He stood up and interrupted me before I could speak up again. He walked over to me and said.

Jihoon: Taecyeon.. Anyone from this house. I forbid you te come close or see this girl in any form. We will not let this house fall into war. She..

He said raising his voice by the second. With his orders we all slowly began to go back to our seats.

Jihoon: I forbid you. Especially you Taecyeon..

He must've figured it out. I see the Fates with Yoona. And this is an omen.. For all the houses.. Hatred is on of the omens of war but our greates fear is Love. Love will make you fall into a craze or frenzy to do anything for the one you love. Andf I think I am about to do something stupid.

After out Lion Roaring we all headed to bed. I went back to my train of thoughts from when I woke up from my pre-dinner nap. Yoona.. I don't want anyone to touch her but me. I don't want anyone to kill her but me. Yet at the same time, I don't want her to die. I want her in my arms. 

I pulled up my covers and dismissed her from my thoughts. But before I coulds fall back to sleep again. An incessant honking and the vibration of my phone called me up from bed.

I unlocked my phone and looked at the number. It was not registered in my phone. But the numbers seemed familiar. Could it be? Oh and yeah, I memorized hers.

The text message said: "Come down here and let's kill each other.. NOW!"

 

TO BE CONTINUED...