Withered Heart

♚ ⒹrⒶbⒷLⒺs

 

“Hyoyeon, let’s go home.” Hyungseok uttered, pulling her hand with his tight grip.

“I don’t want to go home!” She shrieked as she continued to drink the liquor clasped on her hand, “Go. Leave me. Like what everybody else does! Go! Leave!” she added as tears started to fill her eyes but she tried to hold it back anyway.

“Tell me. What happened to you... and Eunhyuk?” He said calmly as he takes the seat next to her.

“First love... first date... first kiss... and the first one to break my heart,” she muttered, glaring at the clutched liquor on her hands.

“What do you mean?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Did you ever fall in love?” She asked, her eyes meeting his.

“Yeah,” he replied, not wanting to intrude her.

“I did too. Like anyone else but I think mine’s the worst. I see all of my friends, married, engaged or in a happy relationship, cherished by the men they love. But me? I’m here. I’ve been stuck here. I waited for almost nine years... for that stupid engagement... what did he do? He said he fell out of love and he just wants to walk away... stupid isn’t it? So, here I am, drinking this beer, drinking it all in, trying to forget him. And he doesn’t care! So let’s take a toast to that, shall we?!” She said, taking another sip from her liquor.

“Stop it,” he said as he gripped her hand once again, stopping her to drink.

“What?” She asked, as she rolled her eyes, she sighed, “You really don’t know what’s love Hyungseok. Just a little tip, don’t fall in love – never fall in love.” She added, standing up from her chair and walking into her own pavements leaving him behind.

Yeah me too. I wish I didn’t.  I wish I never had. I can’t stand it, watching the girl I love getting hurt over and over again. But all I can do is to stand here and watch her. Does she even know that it hurts too? He told himself as his heart shattered into tiny little pieces.