Sleep Paralysis Part 1

QuinSpire One High School (퀸-스파엘 원 고등학교)

It was 5 in the evening. Hyomin was in the labotary, putting all the stuffs back in the rack while humming a song calmly. As she focused on her job, someone came in silently toward her from behind. She wouldn't notice since there's no sounds of foot steps coming.

But then ...she felt that someone behind her. She stopped for a second and rubbed her back neck as she felt it's started to get cold all of sudden. She tried to ignore it and continued. Before she humming back to her song, suddenly there were a sound of someone's humming a song that she just did. She got startled and without hesitate, she turned her head to the back quick. But there were nothing. She started to get nervous and grabbed her bag. She rushed out of the labotary while keep looking back. She felt that something dark was chasing after her. She kept on running and running away then ...'Bupp' she fell on the floor after hitting on someone.

 

"Akkk!" She screamed and quickly tried to stand back while she was looking back and the all the lights were suddenly normal. "Uhh...?" She breathe heavily as she holding on her bleeding right elbow. She confused. Some of students looking at her weirdly. And then a guy with a soft manly voice asked her, "Are you okay?". She turned her head to the way that she headed. A tall man standing offering his hand for her. She tried to look at his face but her eyes was blurred by the light behind him. "...Who are you?" She asked but she didn't get the answer. When she was about to take his hand, he slowly turned into a black dust. Her eyes were getting rounded as she was just witness a horrible moment of her life.

Soon as that, a girl's voice calling her name from far. She was running toward her, "Hyomin, Hyomin ah!!" She still in confused and hold shut her both ears with her palm and scream in terrified.

Jiyeon rushed to Hyomin's room quick and sat on her bed beside her, "Hyomin, are you okay?" Jiyeon said while try to calm her down. Hyomin opened up her eyes wide and realized that she was in her room. On her bed. She was sweating much, she was still in shocked. She looked at Jiyeon and her tears started to shows. Jiyeon then hugged her and patted her back gently to comfort her. "Nightmare?" Jiyeon said. Hyomin couldn't say a word and keep crying as she kept hugging Jiyeon tight. The others came to the room too after heard Hyomin's scream. They were all worried and told each other that they were all having a nightmare lately. Jiyeon sighed and stood up. Let's all just stay downstairs.

Starting today, we'll be sleeping together in the living room. We just need to move all our mattress downstairs, now. Let's move on girls." They were all agreed and do what they have been told, together.

It was 6 o'clock in the morning. Hyomin was an earlybird to take a shower before school time. The other still asleep. She stepped in the bathroom and locked the door. She started to take off her clothes and get under the shower as it done. She open up the shower and closed her eyes as the water drop down, wetting her body. Suddenly she feel the pain on her knees and ankle. She lightly screamed, "Ouch!" She checked on her ankle but there was nothing but on her left knee ...she felt that a blood came out. She got panicked. She tried to walk close to the other wall but then her leg began to feel so weak. She cried a little and fell to the floor. She screamed in pain like she couldn't take it anymore. But again she tried to reach a towel, then...

 

Someone from outside knocked on the door and trying to open the door, she called her name. Hyomin realized it was Jiyeon's voice then she asked for help. "Jiyeon ah!! Help me!! M..my leg..." she started to cry. ....Jiyeon heard her, "Wait, I'm going yo break this door! Hold on!" Jiyeon kicked the door hard but it won't open. She tried again and bumped herself to the door but she failed again. At the third try, she bumped into the door again at the moment Hyomin cried in pain, it opened.

Jiyeon looked scared a little and panicked yet she be brave to help Hyomin out, she took towel and wrapped it around Hyomin then helped her to get up. "What's wrong?! W-what with your leg?" Hyomin kept crying and followed her lead to the living room. The other members slowly got up as soon as hearing their voice, talking. They were all shocked looking at Hyomin having a towel around her with some blood on it. They were all scared and panicked.

"Omg, Hyomin. Are you on your period?" Hwayoung asked.

Just at the very moment, Ahreum sat closed infront of Hyomin's leg and said, "It has begin." Everyone startled and stared at her except Dani cause she knew about it.

"W...what did you said?" Soyeon asked.

"What did you mean?" Boram continued to ask.

"What did just begin?" Eunjung asked in curiosity.

Dani answered them, "The curse. Sleep paralysis. We are all will face it. Even the boys."

"Sleep....paralysis?" Qri tried to make sure of what she heard. "Is it like what we dream was actually real?" -Eunjeong said in panic.

"W-what did you said...?" Soyeon turning her face to Eunjeong followed by the others.

"It's like a demonic visitation." Hyomin answered. "I've red this once."

"But somehow it's a little different because senior exo had made their deal with the demon. So in this school, they are the replacement of the demon. They'll try to scare us and if we fight, we'll get harm. Just like they did to Hyomin." Ahreum explained further.

"Then we don't have to fight?" Jiyeon asked.

"If we don't, means we'll be joining them as the demon slave." Danee answered.

"It's one of the curse right? We could fight them with the book to vanish the curse they'll use on us." Hyomin added.

"Well that's the only way though." Danee continued.

Jiyeon stood up and spoken, "We have no other way but to fight for ourselves. Let's make this thing works, girls. We'll held a meeting with the boys. And we also should stay together since the senior have noticed that we've found out about them. There's no time to be afraid."

At the same time I am scared. But somehow I do have to face it. I know every fears, we have to overcome it to be brave. That's all matter. This is just the beginning. Fight and friendship is the only thing matters now.