Chapter 4: Robbery

Through the Vintage Camera

“Yeah, sure! Thank you for calling!” I ended the call on my phone, stuffing it into the back pocket of my black jeans. Another new job came in for me and I was meeting them for a discussion today. I packed my photo album, which contained a copy of my life work and my vintage camera into my bag. I checked myself in the mirror. I could not see the colours of the clothes but who says I can’t enjoy fashion in black?

I skipped downstairs, hoping that the job would be another exciting challenge for me. I tried to flag a cab on the busy streets. I took a look at my watch, oh no! I’m late! I shifted myself a bit nearer to the roads, hoping to attract attention of any cab. I stretched my hands and flagged.

A cab! A motorcycle roared its way past the cab, riding its way towards me. Given my slow reflex, I couldn’t doge what’s going to happen next. The motorist stretch out his hands to the side as he got closer, snatching away my bags that dangled on my shoulders. In an instant, it was gone.

Staring for a second, I panicked. The cab driver, who witnessed the whole robbery, stopped in front of me. I got on, hoping that the cab could catch on the motorcycle. But, Damn! The over usage of Seoul roads by drivers cause a traffic jam. We could only watch the motorist disappeared in the long line of cars. I stuck my head out before it disappears. Car plate of the motorcycle was my only hope to getting my bag back.

“I’m sorry about your loss, Miss.” The cab driver dropped me at the police station.

“Thank you for driving me here,” I smiled. “I’ll pay you back, somehow.”

“It’s alright, Miss. Be careful!” the cab driver drove off without requesting for a fee or anything. I made my way into the police station, reporting my loss to them. They recorded down the details of the robbery and car plate number of the robber. I also told him items that I lost.

Bzzzzzz…..Bzzzzzz…..  My phone vibrated in my back pocket.

“Yeboseyo?” It’s my client! I almost forget I still had my phone with me.  

“Lya-sii? Are you reaching yet?”

“No, I hadn’t and guys, I am so sorry I have to cancel today’s appointment.” What could I show them when all my materials are stolen?

“Actually, we have something urgent to attend too. Can we meet other time?”

“Sure, I’ll contact you again!” I ended the call and it vibrated immediately in my hands. It was an unknown caller. Should I pick it up?

“Yeboseyo?”

“Is this Lya?” An unfamiliar male voice spoke through the phone.

“Yes, I am. Who is this?” I frowned.

“It’s me, Dongwoon.” The caller identified himself. “Are you available today?”

“Oh, Dongwoon, hang on,” I said and turned to the police officer, “Officer, Can I go now?”

“Yeah, we will call you if there is any discovery.” The office nodded, smiling. I got out of the police station and got back to the phone call.

“Sorry, Dongwoon, what were we talking about?” I asked, clueless about where we left off.

“Oh, I was asking whether you are available today. But, why do you sound so restless?” Dongwoon asked in concern.

“I’ve just been robbed,” I sighed deeply.

“Oh my, are you hurt anywhere? Did you report this to the police? Are you scared? Where are you? I’ll go to find you.” He asked his strings of questions yet again. I chuckled, why was he always so curious about so many things at a time?

“Why are you laughing?” Dongwoon asked.

“Nah, you don’t have to know. Anyway, I know it’s rude to ask. But, do you mind fetching me from the police station? I’m penniless.”

“Right away,” He hung up.

 



Hey guys!^^

On a happy note: BEAST got triple crown!!

On the sad note: I'm going crazy! HAHAHAHAH!!!!

Nah, Kidding!

Anyway,  Life can be quite boring & tiring. A song or a scene you came upon might cheer you up. It's like raining could make me real calm, while the sunny days could make me real frustrated sometimes. But, at the end of the day, someone/some things might make your day good/bad. It all depends on preception! So, guys! It's friday! Don't make any bad things affect your mood! Fighting!^^