Chapter 2: It’s in colour.

Through the Vintage Camera

He appeared in my life by coloring it, from head to toe. I gapped at him as he stepped into the small shop. It was like switching a black and white film to something into a high definition coloured TV. The best part, I saw it with my eyes and not through my vintage camera lens. Was I dreaming? No, wait, even my dreams appeared to be black and white to me.

“Annyeong haseyo,” The stranger greeted politely. “I am looking for Mr Yoon?”

“Ah, I am,” Ajusshi Yoon responded. “Anything I could help you?”

“Ah, yes, can you help me look at my vintage camera?” He took a few strides towards the counter, where I was.

“Sure,” Ajusshi Yoon placed my camera carefully on the counter top and handed over the stranger’s vintage camera.

“Ah,” Ajusshi Yoon did a brief examine on the camera. “It’s just a small problem. Don’t worry; I can fix it for you right now.”

“Oh, thank you,” The stranger smiled.

“Why don’t you take a seat first?” Ajusshi Yoon indicated to the chairs in front of him. The stranger took a seat, few places away from mine. None of their conversation details registered into my brain like it would. I would only fix my eyes on this stranger, dumbfounded by what I was looking what.

“So, how do you get to know this shop?” Ajusshi Yoon got to work on the camera with his tools.

“Your nephew, Yoon DooJoon, introduced it to me. He told me you are the best.”  The stranger smiled.

“Oh, Doojoon that kid?” Ajusshi Yoon laughed. “He’s a nice boy and an idol star too. You are his friend?”

“Yeah, and group mates to be more precise,” He answered.

“So you are also a star, my dear boy? Looks like my shop is going to be rich with your photo here,” Ajusshi Yoon joked. The stranger smiled shyly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hands. “Right, Lya?”

Colours were all I was occupied with. I took in every single detail on him. I didn’t know the names of the colours I was staring at, but I still enjoyed it A LOT.

“Lya?” Ajusshi Yoon called out for me.

“Ah? Neh?” My gaze finally left this mysterious man. Now, it’s back to black and white yet again.

“Are you alright?” Ajusshi Yoon looked up from his work.

“Neh,” I sipped another mouth of mouth. I should get a grip of myself. It’s not like I had never seen colours before. It’s just I can see now with my eyes. Wait, this is something to be excited about right?! My eyes couldn’t help but travelled back to the stranger.

“Here you go,” Ajusshi Yoon handed him back the fixed camera moments later. Indeed, he lived up to his name of loving camera inside out. He could fix anything about camera except mine of course. I always about being a more genius than he was. The stranger took it over with care, and started a few pictures to check the condition of his camera.

“And Lya, here’s yours, all polished.” Ajusshi Yoon handed back my camera, which caught the stranger’s attention.

“Can I have a look at your camera?” He asked politely. I hesitated. What if he spoilt it? But, he seemed like a camera lover too.

“Sure,” I handed over. He took it with even more care than I had been. He examined the camera carefully, astounded by the mechanics of it.

“She made the camera herself, simply a genius.” Ajusshi Yoon praised, wiping his dirty hands against a piece of cloth. “Fixing a vintage lens into a modern camera, who could have thought of that? The effects of the pictures were really something too and of course the person who took them.”

“Ajusshi!” I smiled shyly, embarrassed by the praises.

“What? I am saying the truth!” Ajusshi Yoon laughed heartily, as he kept his tools under those cabinets. He glanced out the windows, warm light shoot into the room. I never knew the colours, but I still could feel.

“Lya, you better get going.” Ajusshi reminded.

“Ah, right,” Darkness was something I wanted to avoid the most in my life. “Can I have it back?”

“Sorry,” The stranger mumbled, as he gave a last lasting look at the camera and passed it back. He turned to Ajusshi Yoon. “Thank you for fixing my camera.”

“Come back any time you need help.” Ajusshi Yoon smiled kindly.

“Annyeong, Ajusshi! Thank you too!” I smiled, patting my bag containing my camera. I got up to leave, so did the stranger.

“Sure!” Ajusshi waved goodbye. “Oh yeah, boy! I hadn’t got your name.”

“It’s Son Dong Woon,” He introduced.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys,

here with a new story, and due to AFF reformat, this was deleted. But,! Back here again^^

Anyway, my purpose was to celebrate Beast's Comeback with midnight!^^ & congrats to their win on Mcountdown!HEHE.

Enjoy the story & do tell me any areas I could improve on!