Chapter 2

When butterflies fall in love, do they get humans in their stomach?

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

The next morning, Taemin woke up in a silent house. He sighed. His mum had probably already left again. He sighed and got out of bed, found his clothes and went to the bathroom to get finished. He had his morning routine. Wake up, bath, food, watch TV and answer Key’s morning message. It had been like that for months and he wanted it like that. As he entered the kitchen he saw a bunch of money on the table. He went to it and took it. 40,000 won… again. He took 20,000 won in his pocket and the other 20,000 to a box he had in his room. He was saving money for when he once moved out. His mum didn’t want him to have a job, she wanted him to focus on his studies and studies only.

 

Meanwhile in Amber’s apartment, she was having a flip on her brothers. They had used her favorite jeans for some painting project at school. HER FAVORITE JEANS!

“KIM! SAM! COME HERE YOU BASTARDS!” she yelled furious as she stormed inside their room where they were hiding under their blankets, “WHAT IS THIS?!” Kim looked carefully out and saw the pants in her hand.

“That’s jeans Amber,” he said innocently earning a smack with the pants from his sister.

“If you two EVER uses my clothes for anything without my permission, I will make sure that the two of you have problems walking, got it?!” she hit Sam with the pants too, “you disrespectful kids!”

“Hey! Amber Liu!” Her father suddenly stood in the door, “why are you yelling in the morning?” Amber turned around and showed her dad the jeans.

“Your sons, my brothers, have used my favorite jeans for painting! And they didn’t even ask me to loan them!” The dad looked at his sons.

“Is that right? Kim? Sam?” he said. Both of the guys came out now.

“Dad, how can you-”

“Is that right?” the dad interrupted. They both nodded and he sighed.

“Apologize to your sister.”

 

Taemin P.O.V

 

“Hey, brat?” I looked up and saw some of the students from school stand in front of me. I sank. Just pass them, just ignore them. If you do that-

SMACK.

Laughter hit me at the same time I landed on the ground and felt something warm on my hands. Blood.

“Don’t ignore me,” the guy said, “no one ignores Ok Taecyeon!” I looked up.

“W-who?” I said and earned a kick on my shoulder.

“Me your ! I’m Ok Taecyeon!” I tried not to show pain and looked down.

“I-I’m sorry,” I said, “O-Ok T-Taec-Taecyeon-ssi,” another kick, this time on the back of my head. I could taste blood.

“W-what-”

“Have you done?” he asked and kicked me a third time. I nodded.

“You came, your brat. Thinking you’re a better dancer than us, that ‘s what you did.”

“Hey, Taec. Let’s just go,” one of his friends said, “you’re getting too much attention and-”

“Quiet Junho,” Taecyeon said as he again kicked me, “I’m learning this brat a lesson!”

“Junho is right,” another friend said, “let’s finish it later…” The guy, Taecyeon backed off. I lifted my head and saw him stand some meters away with a satisfied smile.

“Remember that, brat. I’ll come back la-”

“MY BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!” Someone pushed Taecyeon beside and the next thing I felt was some arms close around me, “oh God, what did that bastard do to you? To my precious baby?” I looked up and saw Key.

“K-Key?” I said. He nodded and opened my eyes with two fingers.

“Are you hurt much? Can you walk? Do you remember who I am?!” he asked, freaking out. I smiled a bit.

“I- I’m okay u-umma…”

 

Amber P.O.V

 

I saw a lot of people, some with suitcases some only with backpacks, look at something in front of the headenterance. Curious, I went against the crowd, where I saw one person being ‘investigated’ by another. I couldn’t see who though…

“Who did this to my baby?” the person got up and revealed… Taemin? What…?!

“I did,” I looked against the voice and saw Ok Taecyeon. Of course… “What will you do about it, pretty boy?”

“Key, let’s not fight,” a very low voice said, “let’s take care of Taemin instead…”

“But-”

“He is right,” another voice said and the person walked to Key, “it’s not worth a fight yeobo…”

“Hey, I wasn’t-” Taecyeon said but earned a glare from the guy with a low voice.

“Let’s forget about this. Don’t near Taemin again,” he said, “then we will let this pass this time…” I decided to go to Taemin. The new kids obviously didn’t seem to take care of him right now and I saw a lot of blood.

“Tae, are you okay?” I kneeled down beside him, “does it hurt much?” Taemin looked at me and smiled a bit.

“Hi hyung,” he said, then shook his head, “not much. I’ll be fine,” he tried to get up but failed. His friends suddenly seemed to worry again.

“My baby! You can’t walk?” the guy, Key I supposed, said. Taemin looked at him.

“I…”

“Jonghyun, help him! Just don’t stand there you stupid dinosaur!” Key hit the guy in the back of his head and Jonghyun rolled his eyes before he kneeled down beside Taemin and me.

“Tae, do you want me to carry you or just support you?”

“Second,” Taemin said, “I’m not a girl, nor am I your boyfriend,” He smiled teasingly and Jonghyun chuckled.

“Okay then…” he looked at me, “can you help too?” I nodded and together we got Taemin back on his legs. Key took his backpack and we went inside.

“We can take him to the cafeteria. That’s where we’re going to meet up anyways,” I said.

 

Taemin P.O.V

 

I got placed on a chair and it was first now I got to look around and see a lot of well-known faces from my old school. I think Amber got to look around too, ‘cause suddenly she left out a really girly whine and got up.

“Henry! What are you doing here?!” she said and jumped in the arms of a guy. The guy laughed.

“Hey cous’” he said, “I’m a part of the class~” I didn’t get to see or hear more because Key had found his first aid kit.

“Sit still,” he demanded, “Jonghyun, get me some bandage,” he said and held a hand back. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“Key, the first aid kid is just beside you,” he said, “and don’t be so umma-ish. Taemin is a big boy now,” I smiled to him and nodded.

“I am. I can take care-”

“No you can’t. Or else, you wouldn’t get bullied,” Key said and put a bandage in the middle of my forehead. Did I bleed from my forehead?

“Key, could you take care of yourself in front of those guys?” Jonghyun said, “no you couldn’t.” Key looked up, now with a cheesy smile.

“That’s why I got you,” he said. I rolled my eyes and decided to greet the others.

“TOP hyung, hi,” I said, “what happened to your hair?” TOP chuckled and sat down on a chair some meters away.

“I dyed it. Like it?” he drove a hand through it. I chuckled.

“Blue is just your color,” I said.

“Isn’t that Kim Jonghyun?” I looked up and saw Jessica, Yoona and some of their barbies stand a bit away, staring at Key and Jonghyun.

“It is,” Jonghyun had also heard it and looked up, “from where do you know my name?” They all widened their eyes.

“Oh my gosh!” Jessica said and fanned herself, “Kim Jonghyun!” Jonghyun looked at me.

“Some of your friends?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Not really,” I said, “I only know Am- hyung,” I said. Amber looked at me with a smile.

“Ouh… but where do people know me from then?” he asked. Now Amber chuckled.

“YouTube. You have a great voice,” she said, “you’re pretty known around here.” One of Jonghyun’s famous blank-dino-faces appeared on his head.

“Ouh… really?” I chuckled and nodded too.

“Yes…” Key suddenly looked satisfied.

“I told you it was a good idea to put videos on the Internet yeobo!” 

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

“Tae baby, let’s show them!” Key took Taemin’s hand and pulled him up. Taemin looked embarrassed at his hyung.

“Show them what hyung?” he whined, “I don’t want to!”

“Of course you do! It’s dancing!” he said smiling, “you love dancing! Let’s show them a GaGa-song!”

“Key, he just got beat up. I don’t think it’s a good idea,” Jonghyun said concerned, “he can’t even walk properly,” Taemin looked at Key and nodded.

“Hyung is right,” he said, “I have to relax my legs so I will be able to walk tomorrow!”

“Lee Taemin, Liu, Im Yoona, Ok Taecyeon, come here,” the teacher said. The four of them got up and Amber supported Taemin to the teacher. She had asked always just to get called ‘Liu’ by the teachers and luckily the teacher didn’t have anything against it.

“We have a competition on the school in a month, pair-dance. Since the four of you are the class best dancers, pair up and practice a dance each pair. You’re going to show at a competition,” she said.

“Taemin? One of the best dancers? Already?!” Yoona spitted, “teacher, students in this class have practiced in months and he is just-”

“Enough Yoona. No complains. This is how it’s going to be and if you have anymore to say, talk to the principal.” Yoona lowered her head.

“Yes…” then she looked at Taecyeon, “do you wanna be my partner? Then we can let the two of them be gay for each other,” she said. Taecyeon nodded and smirked.

“Let’s win this,” he said. Amber rolled her eyes and looked at Taemin.

“We’ll win. For sure,” she said. Taemin chuckled and nodded.

“Of course!”

 

Key already had a lot of ideas for the two of them since it, in his opinion, would be the best day to get Taecyeon down again. Taemin protested, saying that he still couldn’t dance so they had to wait a bit.

 

“…Kim and Sam? Still annoying?” They all sat in the cafeteria and talked, Taemin heard Henry ask Amber. Amber sighed and nodded.

“Totally. I just found out that they ruined my favorite jeans this morning. My favorite pants Henry. I’ve used a whole lot of money on those jeans and they ruined it in their painting-class!” She pouted and Henry showed some concern.

“Didn’t your parents say anything?” he asked. Amber shook her head.

“No. Dad asked them to apologize but that was everything. If it was me, I don’t even wanna know the consequences!”

“I’ll buy you a new pair,” Taemin said, getting Amber’s attention, “I was going to buy some new shoes later anyways!” Amber widened her eyes.

“Taemin, you can’t just-” Taemin nodded.

“Of course I can! I wanna do it,” he said and send her a smile, “please hyung?” he showed some aegyo, and Amber nodded a bit insecure.

“Are we going shopping?!” Key said, “Yeobo, we’re going shopping later!” Jonghyun sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Who says that Taemin want you to come? Plus, if our teachers have something for us to do we-”

“Of course he wants! How can you even think otherwise?!” Key whined and looked at Taemin, “right Tae baby? I can come with you, right?” Taemin sank and nodded.

“N-neh… o-of course,” he said and looked at Amber, “is it okay…?” Amber nodded.

“Y-yeah… I… It’s you who are going shopping,” she said.

 

Some days later, the last day where the Daegu-students were there, they were in the dancestudio. Taemin and Amber were practicing some dancesteps they could use, Key holding a close eye to them. The other students were dancing around too…

“Stop stop! That’s not it!” Key got up and pulled Jonghyun with him.

“What’s not it? It’s just ideas umma,” Taemin whined. Key rolled his eyes.

“It’s a couple-dance Taemin ah! I know you both are guys but you have to show some affection against each other, or else you won’t win!” He pulled Jonghyun in front of Taemin and Amber. Amber send Taemin a gaze as the younger were going to protest as Key placed Jonghyun’s hand on his hip and pulled them closer.

“Who is the guy in your couple? Liu?” Key asked. Taemin and Amber looked at each other and giggled.

“Y-yeah, sure,” they said and Key looked at Amber.

“Hold your hands at Taemin’s hips as Jonghyun do to me,” he commanded and, trying not to laugh, Amber did so.

“Now Taemin, put your hands like mine,” Key said and Taemin did, only looking at Key. He had only known Amber for what? Five days? Even though they already had a really good relationship, it was a bit awkward…

“Liu, try to turn Taemin around and still hold on to him,” Key said and looked at Jonghyun to make him do it. They did it and it looked good. Then they both send a gaze to the awkward couple.

“Do it. It isn’t hard,” Jonghyun said and smiled to Amber. She nodded and looked at Taemin.

“Ready?” she asked. Taemin nodded with a giggle.

“Neh…”

Key and Jonghyun showed more and more steps and got even more intimate, something Amber and Taemin couldn’t do. They even ended up kissing in front of the whole class, something the classmates didn’t approve of – especially not the girls.

“Jonghyun oppa is gay?!” Yoona exclaimed. Jonghyun pulled a bit away from Key and looked at her.

“Is there a problem with that?” he asked and pulled Key’s body to his, “can’t I love whom I want?” Key smiled happy by his words. It wasn’t often that Jonghyun defended their relationship like that. And it really wasn’t often that he also said in front of other people that he loved him. Actually it was the first time… in the two years and seven months they had been dating.

“I… it’s just…” Yoona looked at some of her friends.

“Gays are humans too,” Jonghyun said and shrugged, “remember that.”