Another Missed Chance

Flow Like A River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt 4: Imperceptible

Character(s): Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, other SJ members and SM artists

Setting: Future SMTOWN Concert in Paris (Alternate Timeline-ish)

 

Kyuhyun walks slowly around the runway part of the stage, smiling and waving at the fans. As his eyes scan the massive arena, he can see all of his friends doing much the same thing – smiling, waving, taking pictures, joking, and playing around. The fans’ cheers and screams echo in his ears and he forces himself to keep the smile on his face. It’s too bad they’re not here…again.

He slows down as he sees some fans waving frantically at him. He gives them a smile and a wave, which immediately makes some of the girls scream and the others swoon. He allows a small smirk to cross his lips and continues on his way. But he doesn’t get very far, as a particular group of fans catches his eye. At first glance, they seem to be no different than the thousands of others that have been crowded into this stadium. Lightsticks in hand, they are dressed to support their artist. But even though they are dressed in the color that he has come to love, Kyuhyun knows that unfortunately for these fans, the ones they came to see are not here today. He knows this because their fansigns are written in Chinese and English, and two particular names stand out on them. He stops just out of sight of them, silently watching as they enthusiastically greet the other artists who pass by them.

Kyuhyun stands there for a while, feeling both sadness and respect towards those fans. He’s so lost in his thoughts that it takes him several seconds to realize that someone is standing next to him, tugging gently on his sleeve.

“Kyuhyun, everything is ready. Donghae-hyung and Siwon-hyung are headed back to the main stage now…well, so is everyone else. I’ve told Kris-sshi to tell s not to react when the specified parts come, although they’re welcome to join at the end. Come on….”

Kyuhyun turns towards the speaker, and it’s no other than the eternal maknae of Super Junior – Kim Ryeowook. The smaller one’s eyes hold a hint of concern, but Kyuhyun just shakes his head.

“Thanks for telling me, Ryeowook-hyung. Come on, let’s go join the others.” He turns and heads toward the main stage, with the older one right on his heels.

Kyuhyun takes his place between Siwon and Donghae, and Ryeowook is on Donghae’s other side (much to Eunhyuk’s dismay). The rest of their friends are lined up on either side of the four in no particular order. The rest of them are still talking excitedly to each other and waving at the fans, but these four are each wearing a solemn expression on their faces. Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter