The End of Your Friendship

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up, still feeling terrible from yesterday’s events. You sighed and got up reluctantly. After washing up, you walked to the kitchen and silently ate your breakfast. Your parents watched their daughter’s depressed state and their hearts broke. They were actually away for business purposes, but after hearing Howon tell about your situation, they rushed home as fast as they could. They wanted to be there for you since they knew your friendship with Myungsoo meant a lot to you.

“Are you ok dear?” Your mom asked. “Mom can call school and tell them you aren’t feeling well.”

You shook your head. “It’s not needed. I have to face the problem, not avoid it. I’m bound to see him sooner or later.”

“That’s my girl.” Your dad laid a hand on your shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze.

You grabbed your backpack and made your way outside. You passed the Valentine’s Day present for Myungsoo and his rose he gave you that was currently occupying the living room trash can. You waited for Howon outside of his house. He came out and was surprised to see you – normally, he’d be the one waiting at your house.

“Let’s go,” You said, emotionlessly.

“You ok?” He asked.

“I will be.” You replied vaguely.

Seeing his best friend like this made his heart ache. He wrapped an arm around your shoulder, comfortingly pulling you close.

“It’ll be alright. I’ll be there the whole time. Like I said, oppa will take care of you.”

You nodded.

Throughout the whole school day, it seemed as if Myungsoo was avoiding you. It was hard since you had almost all of the same classes, but he did a pretty good job. Instead of eating lunch with you and Howon, he ate lunch with Haeri. You longingly gazed at him. It wasn’t even a day yet and you already missed him so much. When you were younger and got into fights, which was very rarely, you’d make up in less than ten minutes since you two couldn’t stand being mad at each other for too long. Howon tried his best to turn your attention elsewhere, but nothing seemed to work.

It was the end of the day and you wanted to talk to Myungsoo, to get everything straight. He was walking with Haeri, who seemed much happier than before. She laughed at his joke. You went up to him.

“Myungsoo oppa –“ You said.

“Haeri, I’ll see you at home ok?” He turned to her.

She nodded and left.

“Alright, let’s get this done with.” He said, walking to the park.

You followed. He sat on the swings and you did as well.

“I didn’t do it.” You finally said, breaking the silence.

“Then who did? Haeri?”

“Yes!” You said. “She fell on purpose and scraped her own arm!”

“Why would she do that?” He asked. “However, I could sort of understand if you did that. Why’d you have to hurt her? I honestly thought that being friends with yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter