Chapter 2 Jessica’s Birthday

Without You

Chapter 2 Jessica’s Birthday

Jessica’s POV:

Today is my birthday. I’m actually feeling lonely since no one is greeting me & I have no one to celebrate the day with. The day was just like another school day; our teachers discuss & give us homework’s. I also met Heechul oppa & his friends & eat with them during their break. Guess they forget about my birthday.

I was about to go home when they greeted me at the school gate.

“Happy birthday Jessica!” They all said in unison.

“Thank you.” They handed me the cake and they give me a gift.

“Jessica, here’s our gift. Thank you for always teaching us so this is our gift for your kindness & for your birthday. Hope you like it!” Sungmin oppa said.

“Thank you. You don’t have to. Greeting me is enough. Why don’t all of you come to my house & let celebrate there?” I asked them.

They all nodded & all of us happily went on our way to our house. I let them enter as I went to the kitchen but I saw I have to buy ingredients.

“Oh I have to go. I have to buy ingredients. Just wait for me here.” I told them.

“I’ll go with you. I know you need help.” Heechul oppa said so I just nodded & waited for him. As we are on our way to go to the market, Heechul oppa suddenly said something.

“Jessica, do you want to play on the arcade?” Heechul oppa asked me.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea. We left them there oppa.” I answered.

“We’ll just play some games. We’ll not take long.” He said. I have no time to refuse him because he already drags me inside the arcade.

In the arcade, we play basketball game. It was really fun even though we didn’t have high scores.

I even played Whack-a-mole & release my anger on the moles. I think the moles are those people who are treating me bad. When I finished playing, Heechul oppa laughs.

“Why are you laughing oppa?” I asked him.

“Is the machine okay?” He said while looking at the machine if it’s still ok.

“Ya! Don’t make fun of me. It’s my birthday today.” I hit him on his shoulder & said that.

“I’m just joking. Who are you thinking when you’re playing the game? The way you hit the moles really looks scary.” He asked me.

“Those people who are treating me bad.” I answered.

After that, we played some other games & when we already feel tired, we decided to go to the market.

When we arrived on the market, I get the list from my pocket & buy the ingredients we need. After that, we paid what we bought & Heechul oppa helped me from carrying the bags.

When we were on our way back, I looked at him before saying “Heechul oppa, thank you. I had fun earlier at the arcade. Thank you for making me happy on my birthday”. I said & smiled at him.

“You don’t have to. You also make us happy when we got to know you. We’re your friends & friends make you happy when you know they’re lonely right?” Heechul oppa said.

When we arrived, all of them looked at us weirdly.

“What took the two of you so long? Don’t tell me….” Kyuhyun oppa asked.

“They are many people who are shopping there in the market so it was hard for us to buy the ingredients.” Heechul oppa answered.

“Ok. I’ll go cook now.” I said & I went to the kitchen. There I started cooking. I kinda felt someone is looking for me but when I look back, I see them chatting & there is no one looking at me. Maybe I’m just imagining things.

After some hours, I went on the dining room & placed all of the foods that I cooked. When I entered there, they were all sitting down & without me noticing earlier, they already arranged the table. They are just waiting for the food I prepared. I smiled at them & sit beside Heechul oppa since it was only the vacant seat.

“Jessica, are you rich? You’re alone here & your house is big.” Sungmin oppa asked me.

“You can say that. My family owns a multinational company. Actually, my parents insisted me to bring a maid & a butler here but I insist that I can take good care of myself. I don’t want to be dependent on them.” I explained to them.

“Wow, you’re really rich! But why are your parents living in the countryside?” Eunhyuk oppa asked.

“They stay there whenever they have time but most of the time, they’re travelling to check the branches of our company there. Let’s stop talking about my family. The food will get cold. Why don’t we eat now?” I explained and said to them.

“Jalmukesumneda (I will eat well)” All of us said.

After that, we eat the dishes I made & they all said the dishes I cooked were delicious. I said “Thank you” to all of them & even asked them to eat more. Actually, my parents don’t want me to learn how to cook or do household chores since we have maids who can do those jobs. I only insisted to our maids to teach me whenever my parents are not around. I don’t want to be called or to be a spoiled brat that doesn’t know to do household chores. That way, I can be independent.

I was about to get the dishes & washed it when someone took it from me.

“The birthday girl should not wash the dishes. Let me.” It was Heechul oppa who said that.

“Ok. Since you insist.” I replied.

I stayed there & watched him wash the dishes. I don’t know why but I can’t help myself but to stare at him. Why wouldn’t I? He’s handsome & even kind. He’s also a really good person. Wait, why am I complimenting him? My thoughts were interrupted when Heechul oppa suddenly pinch my cheeks.

“Ya! What’s that for?” I asked him angrily.

“Why are you spacing out? I just do that for you to come back on Earth. How’s your trip to Mars?” Heechul oppa teasingly said.

“Don’t think I’ll just let it pass. I’ll get my revenge.” I said to him & he started running.

I started chasing him but he was too fast. We stop from chasing when suddenly Shindong oppa suggested something.

“Why don’t we go to a noraebang?” Shindong oppa asked all of us.

“Ok. My treat.” I said. They all smiled happily after hearing what I just said. They are really like kids. I saw Heechul oppa & he is near. I was about to get my revenge by pinching him on the cheek but it seems he was aware of it so he immediately runs.

I didn’t chase him but only said this “Ok. You’re not going with us if I’ll not get my revenge.” He pouted at me & seriously, he’s so cute. Ya! Jessica why are you thinking that? He went near me & lowers his face since he’s taller than me. I pinch his cheeks and smiled at him after that.

“Don’t ever think of doing it again oppa, ok? I’ll stop from teaching you whenever you’re having difficulty on your homework’s or on your subjects.” I said to him & he just nodded.

“Look, don’t tell me you’re planning to kiss each other?” Kyuhyun oppa teasingly said. Right, I forgot his face was so near to me & we look like we’ll kiss each other. I blushed & looked away from him & so does he.

“Let’s go now.” I said & they all followed but actually, all throughout our walk to the nearby noraebang, all of them kept on teasing us even though I told them already what really happened. When we arrived, we get a room & I paid for it. I also bought foods & drinks for all of us.

“First of all, before we start singing, on behalf of our group, we would like to say Thank you to Jessica for the foods & drinks you treated us & also for treating us here in noraebang. And also, Happy birthday! So let’s start the party!” Leeteuk oppa said.

After Lee Teuk oppa said that, they all started singing & dancing. They mainly choose dance songs & dance like they are crazy persons. I laugh really hard seeing that side of them. When they already felt that they are already tired, they started singing ballad songs. I was really surprised since they can sing & dance at the same time. I was even more surprised when Kyuhyun oppa, Ryeowook oppa & Yesung oppa started singing. They really have good voices. While they were singing, they even looked at me & I felt they are dedicating that song to me. After the three of them sung, the other members also sing.

“Wait why you Heechul & the birthday girl are not singing? We want to hear the voice of the birthday girl. Heechul, you also sing. We are already tired.” I was surprised when Shindong oppa suddenly said that. I don’t know what I should do. I’m kinda nervous since I only sing in front of my friends & my family. You can say that they are also my friends now but still I have no confidence to sings in front of me. I was really confused when suddenly Heechul oppa gets the microphone & said something.

“Looks like our birthday girl is nervous so I’ll sing first.” I smiled at him when he said that since I kinda felt relieved. He picked a song & I was really surprised when he suddenly said this:

“I would like to dedicate this song to the birthday girl.” After that, he started singing. I was really surprised because the song he’s singing is a love song. I know I shouldn’t be thinking of this but he’s dedicating that song to me. Wait, is he in love with me or is he confessing right now? Jessica, don’t think like that. He was just singing a love song just like what the other members did. Don’t give meaning to it.

(A/N: I decided to use the song First Star. If you want to listen to the song, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjz0XUTy5Qo. Credit to fairyz for the link.

And also, below is the lyrics & also the translation.

First Star by Kim Hee Chul

Manhi mangseolyeotjyo geudaeman boneun nal

(I’ve hesitated a lot.)

Idaero saranghalsun eobnayo

(I’ve kept my sight on you though I can’t love.)

Maeil geudae saenggak ddaemune ameuron

(Since I keep thinking of you day by day,)

Ildo nan hal su ga eobseojyo

(I can do nothing.)

Geunal bam geudaeui mandeuli dangyeojin

Noraereul jeonhae deutgoseo

(That night, if the song deep in your heart has been heard.)

Seounhan gieokgwa chojohan namkajji

Modu da nokanaeryobeoryeotjyo

(All regrettable memories and frustrating thoughts would be meltdown.)

 

(Nan geuraeyo)

(That’s the way I am)

Geudae jinam sarangboda

(I love you even more,)

Ajik bujokhajiman geuradonal mideojullaeyo

(Still, it’s not enough. Trust me?)

 

Geudaeyo naege sojunghan saram (naui sarama)

(You’re my precious girl (My baby))

Geudae eobsi nan an dwil geot gata

(Without you, I’ve no idea how is going on.)

Du nune damgil nae moseub

(Deep down in both eyes, it comes from my heart.)

Mam soke gamjikhaejyeoyo

(May you cherish this in mind.)

Yeongweoneul yaksokhaeyo geudae

(Eternity, I swear to you.)

 

(Nan geuraeyo)

(That’s the way I am)

Geudae jinam sarangboda

(I love you even more,)

Ajik bujokhajiman geuradonal mideojullaeyo

(Still, it’s not enough. Trust me?)

 

Geudaeyo naege sojunghan saram (naui sarama)

(You’re my precious girl (My baby))

Geudae eobsi nan an dwil geot gata

(Without you, I’ve no idea how is going on.)

Du nune damgil nae moseub

(Deep down in both eyes, it comes from my heart.)

Mam soke gamjikhaejyeoyo

(May you cherish this in mind.)

Yeongweoneul yaksokhaeyo geudae

(Eternity, I swear to you.)

 

Sesangi byeonhanda haedo

(Whether the world keeps turning,)

Urin byeonhameobtgetjyo

(We’ll be constant.)

Uri idaer yeongwonhi duli

(We’ll be this way forever.)

Uneuleul goeok hamyeonseo

(As recollection today)

Geudaeyo manhi saranghan geojya

(I just love you so much.)

 

Geudae eobsi nan an dwil geot gata~ oh~

(Without you, I’ve no idea how is going on.)

Du nune damgil nae moseub

(Deep down in both eyes, it comes from my heart.)

 

Mam soke gamjikhaejyeoyo

(May you cherish this in mind.)

Yeongwonhi geudaeman saranghae

(Only you that I love forever.)

Yeongwonhi geudaeman saranghae…

(Only you that I love forever...))

My thoughts were interrupted when I suddenly realized that Heechul oppa already finished singing so that means it’s my turn now. But what should I sing?

After looking at the songs list, I already picked the song I wanted to sing in front of them. Before I started singing, I said this to them “First, I’m really happy today. Thank you for making my birthday a memorable one. Second, I’m not really confident with my singing skills but I’ll just sing this song since it’s one of my favourite songs. I want to say that I’m really nervous right now since I haven’t sings in front of you…”

I wasn’t able to finished my sentence when Shindong oppa suddenly shouts “Don’t worry. We’ll cheer you so don’t be nervous.” I smiled at him & started singing. When I looked at their faces, my nervousness fades away because they all looked at me in awe. Maybe they’re surprised with my singing skills. It’s not that I’m bragging about it but many people complimented me that I have a good voice. It’s just that I’m shy to sing in front of a crowd.

(A/N: For Jessica’s solo, I decided to use the song Day by Day.

If you want to listen to the song, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8_MZto3wM. Credit to kishi8080 for the link.

And also, below is the lyrics & also the translation.

SNSD - Day by Day

nuneul ddeumyeon dalkomhan haessal

(When I open my eyes, there's sweet sunshine)

shinggeureoun fruit-hyang geureugo

(With the fresh aroma of fruits all around)

mokaradde gadeukdama jakeun teraseu-e anja

(With a full cup of mocha latte, I sit on this small terrace)

gwireul gwi-ulimyeon

(And when I open my ears)

 

deuryeo-oneun sweet-han melody

(There's a sweet melody I hear)

geudae misol dalmeun geos gata

(It reminds me of your smile)

nado molrae seumyeodeuneun

(And unconsciously, all the feelings treasured inside me throughout the day)

nae haru-ui seolreimdeuleul neuggyeobojyo

(Come back to me again)

 

haruharu dareun beokchan ggumdeule jjeuchgimyeo

(Even if I chase away all the other dreams I have each day)

irijeori manyang heundeulrideus salagado

(Even if I try to make myself busy)

sarangeun seonyuleul tago nalawa

(Love comes floating to me on a melody)

It pulls me in as if it's magic

(mabeobcheoreom nareul iggeulgeos gata)

 

oh~ day by day, day by day

(Oh~ Day By Day, Day By Day)

neul baradeon ggumgyeolgateun

sarangeuro chaeweonoheulge

(I will fill all those dreams with my love)

keurimcheoreom pogeunhage naemaeumeul gamssajweoyo

(Like a soft cream,

Can you embrace my heart)

hangsang joheun ilman saenggakhaeyo

(Please think only of the good things)

 

nunmulroman jisaen bamedo

(During nights where the it broke day through my tears)

jongil usneun geureom naledo

(Or days where I smiled all day)

ik sukhaejin pyojeongeuro nal bangyeojugiman haessdeon

(With its ever familiar expression that always welcomed me)

nalkeun nae bai olrin

(Was my old violin)

 

gaggeumsshikeun ijgido hago

(Although sometimes I forgot about it)

ddaeron shilheo miweohaessjiman

(And other times, I hated it)

ijeneun nohchil su eobsneun

(But now I could never lose this precious yearning)

nae sojunghan geuri-umdeuleul hamggehaeyo

(Share it together with me)

 

haruharu dareun beokchan ggumdeule jjeuchgimyeo

(Even if I chase away all the other dreams I have each day)

irijeori manyang heundeulrideus salagado

(Even if I try to make myself busy)

sarangeun seonyuleul tago nalawa

(Love comes floating to me on a melody)

mabeobcheoreom nareul iggeulgeos gata

(It pulls me in as if it's magic)

 

oh~ day by day, day by day

(Oh~ Day By Day, Day By Day)

neul baradeon ggumgyeolgateun

sarangeuro chaeweonoheulge

(I will fill all those dreams with my love)

keurimcheoreom pogeunhage naemaeumeul gamssajweoyo

(Like a soft cream,)

(Can you embrace my heart)

hangsang joheun ilman saenggakhaeyo

(Please think only of the good things)

 

day by day, day by day

(Oh~ Day By Day, Day By Day)

neul baradeon ggumgyeolgateun sarangeuro chaeweonoheulge

(I will fill all those dreams with my love)

keurimcheoreom

(Like a soft cream,)

pogeunhage naemaeumeul gamssajweoyo

(Can you embrace my heart)

hangsang joheun ilman saenggakhaeyo

(Please think only of the good things))

When I finished singing, they all clapped & complimented me. I thought we’ll go home but I don’t know but it seems like they gain again their energy & started singing again & dancing like crazy. After that, they all send me home & after making sure I already entered my house, they all went on their way home. Before I drifted to sleep, I smiled & I’ll definitely will never forget this day because it’s one of my happiest birthday I ever celebrated.

Author’s Note:

This is the 2nd chapter. Thank you to those who read this chapter. Hope you enjoyed reading & like this chapter even though I felt that it was not good. And also, sorry for a short chapter. It was just long because of the song’s lyrics & translation. I’ll try to make the other chapters longer.

Thank you to the new subscribers and to @heesica03 who commented on the last chapter!

Please comment on what you think of this chapter.

And because I was really happy that I gain new subscribers, I give you a teaser for the next chapter.

“But why are you blushing? Do you like him?”

“Heechul, what are you thinking? Don’t tell us you’re already missing Jessica?”

“Why did I feel that way when that friend of Jessica came?”

“What? You make a bet on me?”

So those lines were some of the things that will happen on the next chapter. Hope you look forward to it!