27 | apologies

Marry First, Love Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as when Minjeong thought everything was getting better, those thoughts were immediately overshadowed by the brutal things the jerk she hated the most had been doing to her behind the scenes.

Passing a few of his works to her.

Being forced to host a few meetings.

Occasionally, even purposely hurting her indirectly. 

Without a doubt, Jimin got aware of her wife's situation. Almost losing her temper and going berserk once again—Thankfully, that didn't happen as the girl ran to her wife and told her all about it.

In the end, Minjeong assured her wife that it was fine and decided to solve this problem.

Her wife's already a busy person, and the last thing she wanted was to add more issues to the latter.

On the contrary, it's been almost a week and that man's been doing his all to make the secretary leave her wife...?

Sounds ridiculous, Minjeong wasn't even sure why this person was so eager and had been targeting her instead of making a move on Jimin.

Well, the man does make a move on the CEO. However, he'd only get a friendly and cold gesture from the girl as a response.

That man's surely obsessed.

*BAM*

It's one of those situations again.

But this time, Jung himself placed the unfinished papers on the secretary's desk.

This caused Minjeong to grunt and glare at the tall figure in front of her, trying to keep her cool by clenching her fists under the desk.

"Since my secretary is recovering, you'll have to work on these in her place."

Jung smiled at the latter, his eyes displayed with a "serves you right" look. Minjeong got even more annoyed by this and scoffed, wanting to slap some sense into this jerk.

Minjeong smiled stoically, "Sir, not to be rude but... be careful who you mess with. You better stop what you're doing before someone in particular snaps and do something indecent."

"Are you warning me?" Jung smirked, "What are you going to do? Hurt me?"

"I mean, I would if I'm able to... Frankly, I'd like to beat you up until you pass out." Minjeong huffed, "Too bad I'm not that insane to do so."

With the unexpected answer, the office quickly drowned in silence. The man in front of the secretary felt dim and uncomfortable, though chose to never show it and eventually laughed in defeat.

"How about me and you talk later inside the nearby club later?"

Minjeong raised a brow, "Are you going to dose me and hurt me when I fall asleep?" she furrowed her brows.

Jung snickered, "No, I won't... let's just talk. Meet me inside the club at five."

Abruptly leaving with a friendly yet sincere atmosphere, the secretary sat still on her chair in disbelief as she watched the man close her office door.

"What the heck...?"

*RING RING RING RING*

As if in queue, Minjeong's phone began to ring. When she grabbed her phone from the desk, she saw the caller's ID who was none other than her wife.

"Hey-"

"Jeongie!"

"What's up?"

"You're meeting with Jung later, can I come?"

"Did you plant that device on me again?"

Jimin whined, "I can't help it! Ever since that incident, I don't think I can bring myself to not d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter